Christian with a question II

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2016, 02:56 PM
RE: Christian with a question II
(06-08-2016 01:12 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-08-2016 12:44 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  ...
For all we know someday someone may discover something deeper inside DNA that further defines its subsystems to a level we'd never experienced of before.

How small does a god have to be to able to hide in that gap?

Ohmy

Quark sized?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2016, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2016 03:11 PM by cactus.)
Why do you have this need to feel correct about whether or not the stuff in the universe was created with intent? I'm totally fine with just not knowing. Drinking Beverage

The evidently man-made and oh-so-conveniently manipulative doctrines of heaven, hell, purgatory, nirvana, reincarnation, etc seem to be the only reasons why people are so desperate to feel correct.
It's fine to be wrong about life's biggest and most enigmatic questions, Phu Cat. Anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to use you for their personal gain.

Since you call yourself a Christian, I'm assuming you're not just referring to some nebulous agent of intent, but rather a specific character with A LOT of additional qualities tacked onto it. A set of claims which are as unverifiable and logically inconsistent as the ones which describe Yahweh are trivial for most people on this forum to dismiss.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
06-08-2016, 03:28 PM
(06-08-2016 12:44 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  Is there some chance you might have thought there is some evidence that hasn't been discovered yet that will show that our world was actually created by an intelligent being? For instance, like DNA. Many years ago we had no idea what that was and now we see just how intricate and tied together our cells are and that for the intricacies of DNA to just have happened by chance is pretty unlikely. For all we know someday someone may discover something deeper inside DNA that further defines its subsystems to a level we'd never experienced of before.

Are atheists so close minded they are sure they know everything there is to know about our universe?

Phu Cat

Crap. I was hoping for a good question. All I got for my troubles was a nut bag going "But why?"

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
06-08-2016, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2016 08:37 PM by Bucky Ball.)
No chance.
If there were any evidence for the gods, faith would not be necessary, and all the theology books would have to be done over.

DNA didn't "happen by chance".
Thanks for demonstrating you have no clue how evolution works, what Probability theory is all about, and have never heard of Chaos Theory.
One nation .... uneducated .... etc.

Of course we know, it's your Jebus god that done did it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-08-2016, 03:55 PM
People always seem to forget that population growth is the result of an exponential process. Exponential.
It's hard to comprehend the sheer amount of death and destruction that led up to my birth as a member of the homo sapiens sapiens species. Popcorn

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
06-08-2016, 04:15 PM
(06-08-2016 12:44 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  Is there some chance you might have thought there is some evidence that hasn't been discovered yet that will show that our world was actually created by an intelligent being? For instance, like DNA. Many years ago we had no idea what that was and now we see just how intricate and tied together our cells are and that for the intricacies of DNA to just have happened by chance is pretty unlikely. For all we know someday someone may discover something deeper inside DNA that further defines its subsystems to a level we'd never experienced of before.

Are atheists so close minded they are sure they know everything there is to know about our universe?

Phu Cat

The difference between an atheist and a "believer" - is a atheist doesn't make any outrageous claims - like "knowing all there is to know about our universe. Only the "believer" makes such an outrageous claim -- that he's got an invisible friend who DOES have all those answers..............................

Anything else you need cleared up???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
06-08-2016, 04:18 PM
Ok Pew-Cat. So let's break this down.

(06-08-2016 12:44 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  Is there some chance you might have thought there is some evidence that hasn't been discovered yet that will show that our world was actually created by an intelligent being?

This question is worded funny.

If your asking if I've thought that we haven't discovered all the possibility for the exsitance of our planet (world). And that one of those possibility would be an intelligent being. The answer would be, Yes. I have thoughts of possibility threw my life. Most of which have been demonstrated to be false. I large part of my early life as a Catholic, and had many grips between what the church said and what my science class demonstrated.

I think your question is "Why don't you accept the possibly of the world being created boy an intelligent being. If we are still learning and making new discovery's."

First an intelligent being that was capable of doing such a thing would have to be ether presented and have this ability be demonstrated. Until that time we can not determain that this intelligent being could do anything of the sort.

Until that time the idea is left open ended. A couple of examples.

Raelians believe in intelligent design. But they believer that intelligent designers are alien scientist from a galaxy far away.

This guy
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Believes the planet was made by elves. With the help of dragons.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...everything

When this options are presented I would imagine you would rule them out almost immediately. 1. because you have a belief of your own that you've attached to. 2. They haven't demonstrated how they reach this conclusion.

(06-08-2016 12:44 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  For instance, like DNA. Many years ago we had no idea what that was and now we see just how intricate and tied together our cells are and that for the intricacies of DNA to just have happened by chance is pretty unlikely. For all we know someday someone may discover something deeper inside DNA that further defines its subsystems to a level we'd never experienced of before.

That's true. We also didn't know about single cell animals. Galexys. Gravity. What made thunder. What made the earth shake.

And how did we come to these discoverys? By saying "Well something bigger then us must be doing it so let's not look into it." or threw discovery?

But that's the other thing maybe we will look deep into atoms or quarks or something else and find something new. We've been doing it for some time now. But know what we haven't found? God.

(06-08-2016 12:44 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  Are atheists so close minded they are sure they know everything there is to know about our universe?

Nope.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
06-08-2016, 04:28 PM
(06-08-2016 02:52 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(06-08-2016 12:44 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  
.... they are sure they know everything there is to know about our universe?
Phu Cat

When did i say so? Did we ever talk to each other, or why do you know what i think i know?

ALL theists do the same thing

Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
06-08-2016, 04:30 PM
(06-08-2016 04:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(06-08-2016 02:52 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  When did i say so? Did we ever talk to each other, or why do you know what i think i know?

ALL theists do the same thing

Big Grin

Ohhhhh, I see what you did there. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
06-08-2016, 04:31 PM
(06-08-2016 02:56 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(06-08-2016 01:12 PM)DLJ Wrote:  How small does a god have to be to able to hide in that gap?

Ohmy

Quark sized?

[Image: 0379b23e9845c9c652488c13f7bb557fc62a3642.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post