Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2016, 06:44 PM
RE: Christian with a question....
I am very confused, Phu Cat, as to why you would think anyone would want to be a "God Fearing Christian". From the outside looking in, Christianity is nothing to be proud of, and this terror they feel toward Jesus seems to manifest itself in absolutely horrible ways.

[Image: ht_4_libby_westboro_tk_ss_131016_ssh.jpg]

[Image: Christian+fundamentalist.jpg]

[Image: PP-shooting.jpg]

[Image: Fundamental+08.jpg]

[Image: church-sign-reason-enemy.jpg]

Why would anyone want this lifestyle for themselves?

Oh, and if you think my perception of Christianity is somehow skewed, then I would like to suggest that you begin by addressing that with your own people before you try to recruit new members.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 16 users Like Aliza's post
14-06-2016, 07:03 PM
(14-06-2016 06:44 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I am very confused, Phu Cat, as to why you would think anyone would want to be a "God Fearing Christian". From the outside looking in, Christianity is nothing to be proud of, and this terror they feel toward Jesus seems to manifest itself in absolutely horrible ways.

[Image: ht_4_libby_westboro_tk_ss_131016_ssh.jpg]

[Image: Christian+fundamentalist.jpg]

[Image: PP-shooting.jpg]

[Image: Fundamental+08.jpg]

[Image: church-sign-reason-enemy.jpg]

Oh, and if you think my perception of Christianity is somehow skewed, then I would like to suggest that you begin by addressing that with your own people before you try to recruit new members.

Also don't forget that the Bible says atheists are "corrupt" and "vile".

Quote:For the director of music. Of David. The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

http://biblehub.com/psalms/14-1.htm

The more you look into the Bible, the more nonsense it contains.

14-06-2016, 09:34 PM
(13-06-2016 12:29 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  God says: "You can go back to earth and live a natural born God-fearing life or be sent directly to hell, which would you choose?

I'm reminded of the scene from "The Dark Knight" where the Joker has bombs on two ferries packed with people and has given each boat the detonator for the other boat's bomb. It's clear that there wasn't a single skeptic amongst the lot. What does that detonator do? It blows up the other boat? How do you know? Because the same psychopath that packed this ferry with ANFO told you so?!? Consider

So at this point a good skeptic might wonder, "Why all the pointless threats and mindgames?" Once that pesky thought has entered your head you might start to wonder who it is you're actually talking to. It isn't as if you've actually met God before and He isn't about to present ID issued by a Higher Authority. Are you certain that the nice fellow who just threatened you with an eternity of torment is actually God and not, perhaps, his opposite number? Is it possible that you've got one foot on the up escalator and this is just one final trick by somebody who pretty obviously doesn't have your best intentions at heart?

I think that the correct answer is, "Excuse me. Could you move aside? I have places to go and I'll find my own way thanks."

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 7 users Like Paleophyte's post
14-06-2016, 09:41 PM
(14-06-2016 06:44 PM)Aliza Wrote:  [Image: ht_4_libby_westboro_tk_ss_131016_ssh.jpg]

The worst part of that picture is the children. It's a crying shame that CPS can't rescue them from that isanity. I know why the law doesn't work that way but I don't have to like it.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
14-06-2016, 09:44 PM
(14-06-2016 04:24 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Since god is alright with punishing someone eternally for not believing, why would I trust him?

This. A thousand times this. I would immediately suspect that the offer of a second life on Earth was some kind of trick. It would scare Me beyond the capacity for rational thought to do so, but what I'd like to say is "I can't pretend to respect you, and you should know that. Please either send Me to hell, or just destroy Me altogether."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
14-06-2016, 09:44 PM
What about that fat guy with the blue flag. What woman would fancy him??? Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
14-06-2016, 10:05 PM
(14-06-2016 09:44 PM)Banjo Wrote:  What about that fat guy with the blue flag. What woman would fancy him??? Big Grin

That's a guy? Whoops!
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
14-06-2016, 10:06 PM
(14-06-2016 10:05 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 09:44 PM)Banjo Wrote:  What about that fat guy with the blue flag. What woman would fancy him??? Big Grin

That's a guy? Whoops!

Jury is still out, due to possibly excessive man-boobs.
[+] 6 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
14-06-2016, 11:43 PM
(14-06-2016 06:44 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I am very confused, Phu Cat, as to why you would think anyone would want to be a "God Fearing Christian". From the outside looking in, Christianity is nothing to be proud of, and this terror they feel toward Jesus seems to manifest itself in absolutely horrible ways.

Aliza, if I wasn't happily married to the woman I love, I'd propose to you. Brains are sexy! Smile

Well played.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
15-06-2016, 02:10 AM
(14-06-2016 11:49 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  Mr. Bornagainpagan, I'm obvisously not as well studied as you as I've never read or heard of a story where God demands everyone in a certain city be killed except the comely young women who are then to be available for certain peoples pleasure. I can't imagine God doing such a thing, altho I can't quote every passage of the Bible. Could you possibly clarify that for me?

As far as my original question goes, it's interesting that as human that we can always find a way to justify whatever it is we want. You certainly have a right in this country to feel any way you wish and I hope that works out OK for you.

But consider this:I'm willing to bet a good many of you believe in evolution. I do too, to some extent. Lets take procreation as an example. Isn't that about the most pleasurable sensation you know of? If not, I'd sure like to know what is better? Did it get that way by evolution? Of all the other possibilities, from being not at all pleasurable, maybe even painful, to as fantastically pleasurable as it is, that it just turned out that way by dumb luck? You can't be serious! Of all the other possibilities, evolution just happened, for no good reason to cause the sensation of intercourse to be the single most pleasurable experience two people can share? This is the one thing where it's pretty easy to realize that a Creator that wanted to insure the population of the earth did so by making sure it was so pleasurable that we would not pass up any reasonable opportunity to engage in it.

Phu Cat

"This is the one thing where it's pretty easy to realize that a Creator that wanted to insure the population of the earth did so by making sure it was so pleasurable that we would not pass up any reasonable opportunity to engage in it."

FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

This must be what diet coke and Maccas does to some American brains.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user