Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2016, 04:00 AM
RE: Christian with a question....
(13-06-2016 12:29 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  So I guess I'm in hot water right off the bat, but here it goes anyway: Could you assume, just for the sake of this question, that there is a god? And you're standing before him on judgement day. God says: "You can go back to earth and live a natural born God-fearing life or be sent directly to hell, which would you choose? Please don't play the "that's never going to happen because there is no god" card just for the sake of this discussion.

Thanks for answering, I'd think this would be a really tough decision.

Phu Cat

1. Which god?
2. Which version of that god?

3. Am I allowed to ask why the fuck would you want to reincarnate me when you already know what the outcome is going to be? Why did you even create me when you already knew I was going to be an atheist and you would ask me this question and I would end up answering it in the way that I would. Doesn't that mean I am just acting out a script including saying all of this to you which means my "choice" is completely irrelevant?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post
15-06-2016, 05:07 AM
(14-06-2016 11:49 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  But consider this:I'm willing to bet a good many of you believe in evolution. I do too, to some extent. Lets take procreation as an example. Isn't that about the most pleasurable sensation you know of? If not, I'd sure like to know what is better? Did it get that way by evolution? Of all the other possibilities, from being not at all pleasurable, maybe even painful, to as fantastically pleasurable as it is, that it just turned out that way by dumb luck? You can't be serious! Of all the other possibilities, evolution just happened, for no good reason to cause the sensation of intercourse to be the single most pleasurable experience two people can share? This is the one thing where it's pretty easy to realize that a Creator that wanted to insure the population of the earth did so by making sure it was so pleasurable that we would not pass up any reasonable opportunity to engage in it.

Phu Cat[/size]

Seriously what-in-the-fuck was god thinking when he came up with the mating habit of the preying mantis? :

Also, all you are doing is pointing to something and saying gawd!

God could have literally snapped his fingers and populated the entire Earth with as many people as he wanted. Your ill-conceived assertion puts limitations on your god concept, you refute yourself to think that god had to use something as arcane and inefficient as sex to populate the Earth.

You've turned your god into an idiot.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
15-06-2016, 05:14 AM
Is Fuck It stil here? I get the feeling he's a drive by.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-06-2016, 08:14 AM
[/size]
15-06-2016, 08:46 AM
[size=medium]God could have literally snapped his fingers and populated the entire Earth with as many people as he wanted.

That's true Banjo, He can do anything. But God loves you and He loves me. Just as He loves everyone else on this earth. He wanted children to be born to loving, nurturing parents. People that will take care of that child as if it was themself. Some people won't do that, creating children indiscriminately. This is part of the reason children coming from one parent homes are so often not the best students, even falling in with the bad crowds at very young ages. Some children, the rare exception, pull themselves up by the bootstraps and get out of those hellholes. A couple may even be atheists. But sooner or later they're going to see the light and realize they didn't do it on their own. They had help that they weren't aware of. And He is always there whether YOU realize it or not, too. It's going to happen. Once you die it's too late. You're going to see Him on the other side.

Phu Cat
15-06-2016, 08:50 AM
(15-06-2016 08:46 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  [size=medium]God could have literally snapped his fingers and populated the entire Earth with as many people as he wanted.

That's true Banjo, He can do anything. But God loves you and He loves me. Just as He loves everyone else on this earth. He wanted children to be born to loving, nurturing parents. People that will take care of that child as if it was themself. Some people won't do that, creating children indiscriminately. This is part of the reason children coming from one parent homes are so often not the best students, even falling in with the bad crowds at very young ages. Some children, the rare exception, pull themselves up by the bootstraps and get out of those hellholes. A couple may even be atheists. But sooner or later they're going to see the light and realize they didn't do it on their own. They had help that they weren't aware of. And He is always there whether YOU realize it or not, too. It's going to happen. Once you die it's too late. You're going to see Him on the other side.

Phu Cat

It's never too late, because he doesn't actually want you to believe or give a damn about him. God just wants you to go about on your own accord to do what it is you wind up doing.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-06-2016, 08:54 AM
(15-06-2016 08:46 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  He can do anything. But God loves you and He loves me. Just as He loves everyone else on this earth. He wanted children to be born to loving, nurturing parents.
Phu Cat
How do you know?

(15-06-2016 08:46 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  Once you die it's too late. You're going to see Him on the other side.

Do you often enter other peoples houses and then threaten them with your (invisible) pal torturing them if they dont think what you say?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
15-06-2016, 08:55 AM
You sure claim to know a lot about the mind and thoughts of God.

I once read a book by some Bronze Age tribal sheepherder-warrior priests, who claimed to know the mind and thoughts of God. Their God was violent and awful, just like their own barbaric culture was. They said he was a loving God, but only if you acted just like their little tribe preferred you act. It was almost pathetic that they thought the Creator of trillions of planets/stars/etc would be so petty and tiny as their little tribal society was.

I hope your God has different thoughts than that guy.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
15-06-2016, 09:06 AM
(15-06-2016 08:46 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  ...
And He is always there whether YOU realize it or not, too. It's going to happen. Once you die it's too late. You're going to see Him on the other side.

Phu Cat

I want to know more. But I'm worried that I might be following the wrong god!

Are you talking about The Lord Of Light or The Drowned God or The Stranger?

And who is the Prince Who Is Promised?

Is it me?

Smartass

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
15-06-2016, 09:09 AM
(15-06-2016 08:46 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  [size=medium]God could have literally snapped his fingers and populated the entire Earth with as many people as he wanted.

Phu Cat

You do realize you are engaging in post-hoc rationalization?

When shown evidence that your sex theory doesn't add up, you just dribble out more post-hoc rationalization and then top it off with a passive-aggressive hell threat.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition