Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2016, 05:44 PM
RE: Christian with a question....
(15-06-2016 04:10 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Phu Cat, darling, the whole point is that I’d rather not life my life as a True Christian because I find that True Christians are hate mongers. I thought I made that clear in my previous post. When I think of True Christians, I think of people who hate me, hate my people, hate my atheist friends, and who mock us, and threaten us with intangible, inconsequential concepts. I find True Christians to be self-righteous, pompous, and uneducated about worldly topics such as anything outside their KJV’s and their NIV’s.

Speaking of Christian bibles, their fervent need to make people believe combined with their lack of understanding of Jewish scripture is shameful. The collective inability expressed by Christians to read or comprehend Hebrew should stand as testimony that they’re not only ignorant, but they willfully refuse to educate themselves.

No. No, I do not want to join your band of close-minded merry men because I want live my life treating others with respect. I don’t have time to spend worrying about where people put their penises, and I could care less if a child has two loving mommies or one, hard-working, multi-tasking parent who gets the job done alone. (You didn't even address the possibility that one of those parents may have passed away, leaving the other to raise a household full of children.) I don’t think bombing abortion clinics is a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon, and I don’t take any pleasure in spreading hate and fear to people to don’t agree with me.

No. No, you don’t spurn me into jealousy and if you want a nickel's worth of advice for free, try fixing your own house before you worry about mine. You go be a True Christian. Pray and take communion or get baptized in swimming pools, put “Jesus loves you” bumper stickers all over your car, and be all sweet and syrupy to people until they disagree with you, and then threaten them with hell. I, on the other hand, have real work to do. There is a world to fix, and I plan on doing my part (for real).

Preach it girl!

[Image: tumblr_luoxfiNwEr1r6aoq4o1_500.gif]

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
15-06-2016, 06:05 PM
(15-06-2016 04:10 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 11:55 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:   Maybe your lack of education is what makes you so afraid of Jesus.

Darned shame you miss the whole point. I sure don't fear Jesus, I love Him and look forward to meeting Him. The sooner the better. In fact, I hope it's within my life time.

But you have to admit, we don't know everything there is to know about our little section of the world yet. What if someday they discover something that proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that there is a God. Then what? You can't say it won't happen, you never know. If scientists continue to discover things at the rate they have in the last 20 years, the next 20 should prove to be pretty darned interesting.

Phu Cat

Phu Cat, darling, the whole point is that I’d rather not live my life as a True Christian because I find that True Christians are hate mongers. I thought I made that clear in my previous post. When I think of True Christians, I think of people who hate me, hate my people, hate my atheist friends, and who mock us, and threaten us with intangible, inconsequential concepts. I find True Christians to be self-righteous, pompous, and uneducated about worldly topics such as anything outside their KJV’s and their NIV’s.

Speaking of Christian bibles, their fervent need to make people believe combined with their lack of understanding of Jewish scripture is shameful. The collective inability expressed by Christians to read or comprehend Hebrew should stand as testimony that they’re not only ignorant, but they willfully refuse to educate themselves.

No. No, I do not want to join your band of close-minded merry men because I want live my life treating others with respect. I don’t have time to spend worrying about where people put their penises, and I could care less if a child has two loving mommies or one, hard-working, multi-tasking parent who gets the job done alone. (You didn't even address the possibility that one of those parents may have passed away, leaving the other to raise a household full of children.) I don’t think bombing abortion clinics is a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon, and I don’t take any pleasure in spreading hate and fear to people to don’t agree with me.

No. No, you don’t spurn me into jealousy and if you want a nickel's worth of advice for free, try fixing your own house before you worry about mine. You go be a True Christian. Pray and take communion or get baptized in swimming pools, put “Jesus loves you” bumper stickers all over your car, and be all sweet and syrupy to people until they disagree with you, and then threaten them with hell. I, on the other hand, have real work to do. There is a world to fix, and I plan on doing my part (for real).

Edit: Sorry Shai Hulud, you're not a True Christian™. You're too nice and rational to warrant the trademark.

Nicely done. Glad you are with us.Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
15-06-2016, 06:34 PM
(15-06-2016 08:46 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  That's true Banjo, He can do anything.
Except, it seems, stop torturing people infinitely for finite crimes or non-crimes such as thoughts. Or provide evidence for his existence. Or stop sending us people who want to talk evolution who don't know anything about it.

(15-06-2016 08:46 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  But God loves you and He loves me. Just as He loves everyone else on this earth.
Really, does he now? I'm confused because at the start of this thread you asked us a question that could/will be posed to us from this loving god that contained two options, one being "allow me to rape your mind so you can worship me" and " or I'll torture you forever".
Your claim that god loves everyone is not only NOT consistent with the Bible where god kills and tortures millions of people cause he's an angry jealous asshole, but it's not even consistent with your own fucking question you idiot. What it is consistent with is domestic violence.
Why is "mind rape" and "torture" the only two options? Why are they options at all? If a human acted this way, raping and torturing people and then talking about how much he loved his victims, you would condemn him.. so once again I'm forced to ask why you hold god to such a fucking non-existent moral standard.

(15-06-2016 08:46 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  He wanted children to be born to loving, nurturing parents.
This is laughable given that one of the VERY first people god talks to in the Bible is a parent named Abraham whom god commands to kill his own child and he fucking agrees to it! Later in the same book are commandments on how you should go about physically abusing your own children and later on god makes a deal to help a man and in exchange that man will set his fucking child on fire!
I hate even saying this but....you need to read your damn Bible son. Your idea of what the Biblical god is and what the Bible actually portrays him as are in NO WAY similar.

(15-06-2016 08:46 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  People that will take care of that child as if it was themself.
"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl’s father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives” (Deuteronomy 22:28–29).

Go fuck yourself.

(15-06-2016 08:46 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  Some people won't do that, creating children indiscriminately.
Ironically both child abuse and unsustainable reproduction tend to increase the more religious a family and country are. It's the more atheistic countries (the Nordic states for example) that have the most laws preventing the abuse of children.

(15-06-2016 08:46 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  This is part of the reason children coming from one parent homes are so often not the best students, even falling in with the bad crowds at very young ages.
And now he can't create a system where children of single parent households don't face unnecessary struggles. Your just engaged in more after the fact justification with neither evidence nor frankly a vestige of actual fucking thought. It did not work for you when it came to reproduction and sex and it's not going to work here either, you're just fuckin' wrong son.

(15-06-2016 08:46 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  Some children, the rare exception, pull themselves up by the bootstraps and get out of those hellholes. A couple may even be atheists. But sooner or later they're going to see the light and realize they didn't do it on their own. They had help that they weren't aware of.
Got any evidence that it's god? No? Good then piss off. Kids get out of shitty situations because they work hard, are talented, or because they have enormous support systems in place from teachers, the community, charities, scholarships and many other real factors that can actually be shown to ...you know...fuckin' exist.

(15-06-2016 08:46 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  And He is always there whether YOU realize it or not, too.
Prove it, bitch.

(15-06-2016 08:46 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  It's going to happen. Once you die it's too late. You're going to see Him on the other side.
Prove. It. Bitch.

(15-06-2016 11:55 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  Darned shame you miss the whole point.
Unless the point of this thread was to demonstrate your own ignorance in like...5 different areas of life from sex, reproduction, and Evolution to Socioeconomics and the freaking Bible (lol) then you have failed to have or make a point.

(15-06-2016 11:55 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  I sure don't fear Jesus, I love Him and look forward to meeting Him. The sooner the better. In fact, I hope it's within my life time.
Yes you love that great bloody handed oppressor, you would skip through the fields singing songs about all the people being horribly tortured by him for eternity because of how they think.
We get it: you are a morally bankrupt cunt supporting a brutal tyrannical dictatorship. Hurray for you.

(15-06-2016 11:55 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  But you have to admit, we don't know everything there is to know about our little section of the world yet. What if someday they discover something that proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that there is a God. Then what?
Then, and only THEN, will the belief in a god be justified and not a mark of irrationality and poor education. I say "a god" because.....

(15-06-2016 11:55 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  You can't say it won't happen, you never know.
I absolutely know that the Christian God, the god of the Bible, will not be proven because it's a incredibly discredited concept already. Evolution has already disproven the Biblical origin of man story rendering it myth. Archeology has decimated almost the entire Old Testament. Modern Scholarship sheds increasing doubt on the Historicity of Jesus as an actual person, and the vast majority of the new Testament is historically inaccurate at best and in many places an out and out fabrication.
A god may exist, but YOUR god is a myth and the evidence bares that out.

(15-06-2016 11:55 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  If scientists continue to discover things at the rate they have in the last 20 years, the next 20 should prove to be pretty darned interesting.
Oh it very much will be. Just not in the way you foolishly think.

So lets recap shall we: you came in here questioning Evolution ( a topic about which you demonstrated you didn't know event he basics) and when your argument was utterly dismantled you response was to make a bunch of unfounded and ignorant assertions.
Lovely, what a fantastic use of everyone time.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 9 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
15-06-2016, 06:38 PM
(15-06-2016 04:10 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 11:55 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:   Maybe your lack of education is what makes you so afraid of Jesus.

Darned shame you miss the whole point. I sure don't fear Jesus, I love Him and look forward to meeting Him. The sooner the better. In fact, I hope it's within my life time.

But you have to admit, we don't know everything there is to know about our little section of the world yet. What if someday they discover something that proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that there is a God. Then what? You can't say it won't happen, you never know. If scientists continue to discover things at the rate they have in the last 20 years, the next 20 should prove to be pretty darned interesting.

Phu Cat

Phu Cat, darling, the whole point is that I’d rather not live my life as a True Christian because I find that True Christians are hate mongers. I thought I made that clear in my previous post. When I think of True Christians, I think of people who hate me, hate my people, hate my atheist friends, and who mock us, and threaten us with intangible, inconsequential concepts. I find True Christians to be self-righteous, pompous, and uneducated about worldly topics such as anything outside their KJV’s and their NIV’s.

Edit: Sorry Shai Hulud, you're not a True Christian™. You're too nice and rational to warrant the trademark.
That made me want to make totally discriminate children with you. Bloody well done Aliza, bloody well done. Thumbsup

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 6 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
15-06-2016, 06:47 PM
Phu - "What if one day it's proven that a god exists ?"

Me-"Phu, what if one day it's proven that there are strings attached to our arms and legs and we are actually marionettes ?"

We just never noticed the strings. After all, no evidence for them, but what if one day in the future, we find the strings ?
I mean, you never know, right ?

There are no volcano fireman that mysteriously appear and put out volcanoes.
But what if one day it's proven that there are ?

What if one day it's proven that all the hungry people who starved to death, never really starved to death, but instead, their bodies were sent to another planet where they were fed and copies of their bodies were placed on earth to make us think they had died ?
I mean, you never know, right ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 8 users Like Rahn127's post
15-06-2016, 07:00 PM
(15-06-2016 08:50 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It's never too late, because he doesn't actually want you to believe or give a damn about him. God just wants you to go about on your own accord to do what it is you wind up doing.

Your post reminded me of this meme.

[Image: ef7af1ac77de358957bd71b455aa03c0.jpg]

Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 11 users Like Full Circle's post
15-06-2016, 07:29 PM
If I want to believe jesus drove an Accord, it's my business.
After all, were you there ?

Smile

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
15-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Wow Aliza. That had to feel good, I know it did it for me Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
15-06-2016, 07:38 PM
(15-06-2016 07:36 PM)skyking Wrote:  Wow Aliza. That had to feel good, I know it did it for me Tongue

I thought Aliza was a Mormon refugee from Ukraine. No?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-06-2016, 07:40 PM
uh you got the wrong one again girly. She's Jewish. and Awesome HeartThumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post