Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2016, 09:45 PM
RE: Christian with a question....
(15-06-2016 11:55 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  I sure don't fear Jesus, I love Him and look forward to meeting Him. The sooner the better. In fact, I hope it's within my life time.

You, and every single Christian that has passed since the religion was created. It started out as an apocalyptic cult, who didn't expect the world to outlive their own generation. "Give no thought for the morrow" was meant to be taken literally, because the world was ending. The religion has been disappointing it's followers ever since, and we have no reason to think the trend will change anytime soon.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-06-2016, 09:54 PM
(15-06-2016 06:47 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  There are no volcano fireman that mysteriously appear and put out volcanoes.

Of course not. That isn't what we do. Volcano firemen mysteriously appear and set them off.

Seriously. Who wants to put out a volcano?!?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
15-06-2016, 09:59 PM
(15-06-2016 09:54 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 06:47 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  There are no volcano fireman that mysteriously appear and put out volcanoes.

Of course not. That isn't what we do. Volcano firemen mysteriously appear and set them off.

Seriously. Who wants to put out a volcano?!?

The inhabitants of Pompeii and Herculaneum? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
15-06-2016, 10:04 PM
(15-06-2016 09:03 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 08:07 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  When I read that quickly it looked like BB like BB-8 from Star Wars and if that's the case I totally agree, BB-8 is fucking awesome!

[Image: tumblr_o757t5gssQ1s3ulybo5_250.gif]

how the hell does his head stay in one position while his body rolls? my nerd knowledge of star wars peaked 15 years ago.

You don't question BB-8, his ways are not our ways. It would be like explaining physics to an ant... or a dumb person..but yeah just let go and trust in his glory.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
15-06-2016, 10:09 PM
(15-06-2016 10:04 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 09:03 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  how the hell does his head stay in one position while his body rolls? my nerd knowledge of star wars peaked 15 years ago.

You don't question BB-8, his ways are not our ways. It would be like explaining physics to an ant... or a dumb person..but yeah just let go and trust in his glory.

im more of an R2 follower myself. all hail him and his tripod traveling ways.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
15-06-2016, 11:13 PM
(15-06-2016 10:09 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 10:04 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  You don't question BB-8, his ways are not our ways. It would be like explaining physics to an ant... or a dumb person..but yeah just let go and trust in his glory.

im more of an R2 follower myself. all hail him and his tripod traveling ways.

Blasphemer! Every True R2-D2 follower knows that he can fly, but he chose not to do so while saving the universe from Darth Vader.

[Image: rocketboosters_0.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
16-06-2016, 12:06 AM
(15-06-2016 11:13 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 10:09 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  im more of an R2 follower myself. all hail him and his tripod traveling ways.

Blasphemer! Every True R2-D2 follower knows that he can fly, but he chose not to do so while saving the universe from Darth Vader.

the prequels do not exist. you are now dead to me.
[+] 3 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
16-06-2016, 12:35 AM
(13-06-2016 12:29 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  So I guess I'm in hot water right off the bat, but here it goes anyway: Could you assume, just for the sake of this question, that there is a god? And you're standing before him on judgement day. God says: "You can go back to earth and live a natural born God-fearing life or be sent directly to hell, which would you choose? Please don't play the "that's never going to happen because there is no god" card just for the sake of this discussion.

Thanks for answering, I'd think this would be a really tough decision.

Phu Cat
What is hell like?

If I am to go back to earth, what are the parameters?
Will i be attractive, rich, popular?
How long will I live?
Will I be slightly religious or completely devoutly nutters?
Which god will I believe in?
Will I be a female in Saudi Arabia?

And then after I die again, then what?
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
16-06-2016, 01:12 AM
(15-06-2016 11:13 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 10:09 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  im more of an R2 follower myself. all hail him and his tripod traveling ways.

Hail R2, full of gadgets, the Maker the Lucas is with thee. Blessed are thou among droids and blessed is the fruit of thy electronic womb, the hologram. Oh R2, [possible] creator of BB-8*, come rescue us as you have so many heroes in the hour of our impending deaths, amen?

*No clue if he is or not, I just needed something.

Wow, that felt more wrong than when I worked at McD's as a Baptist and wrote the "Hail Grimace", which was better.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
16-06-2016, 02:43 AM
(16-06-2016 01:12 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 11:13 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Blasphemer! Every True R2-D2 follower knows that he can fly, but he chose not to do so while saving the universe from Darth Vader.

Hail R2, full of gadgets, the Maker the Lucas is with thee. Blessed are thou among droids and blessed is the fruit of thy electronic womb, the hologram. Oh R2, [possible] creator of BB-8*, come rescue us as you have so many heroes in the hour of our impending deaths, amen?

*No clue if he is or not, I just needed something.

Wow, that felt more wrong than when I worked at McD's as a Baptist and wrote the "Hail Grimace", which was better.

May the Force be with you. (And also with you.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post