Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2016, 01:46 PM
RE: Christian with a question....
I would lie and tell him i would like to live a "god fearing life".

Do you think that this -hypothetical- god would figure out i am lying to him?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
13-06-2016, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2016 02:04 PM by I Am.)
So the option of kicking the abuser in the 'nads is off the table? Because "fear me or suffer" is straight-up abusive.

[Image: 11224816_490054214479580_8790337054190507439_n.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like I Am's post
13-06-2016, 01:50 PM
(13-06-2016 12:29 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  Could you assume, just for the sake of this question, that there is a god? And you're standing before him on judgement day. God says: "You can go back to earth and live a natural born God-fearing life or be sent directly to hell, which would you choose? Please don't play the "that's never going to happen because there is no god" card just for the sake of this discussion.

I guess I'd want some definitions from it first to know what a "God-fearing life" is. Also, would I have any memory of this in my new life? Do I get to go to heaven if I do as he says? I guess I'm supposed to assume heaven is a place I want to be and hell isn't?

Also, if heaven seems sufficiently good and leading a "God fearing life" seems crappy, I might do something like technically fulfill my requirements and then drive like a lunatic without my seatbelt on, or something... Angel
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
13-06-2016, 01:51 PM
I do not know what a god fearing life is nor do I know what hell is.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
13-06-2016, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2016 02:39 PM by Aliza.)
(13-06-2016 12:29 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  So I guess I'm in hot water right off the bat, but here it goes anyway: Could you assume, just for the sake of this question, that there is a god? And you're standing before him on judgement day. God says: "You can go back to earth and live a natural born God-fearing life or be sent directly to hell, which would you choose? Please don't play the "that's never going to happen because there is no god" card just for the sake of this discussion.

Thanks for answering, I'd think this would be a really tough decision.

Phu Cat

Reading your question makes me feel so incredibly grateful for having not been raised Christian. I have no fear of invisible things instilled in me by church leaders who aim to control me.

Your question seems to me like....

... Oh, fuck it.
[+] 14 users Like Aliza's post
13-06-2016, 02:09 PM
(13-06-2016 12:29 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  So I guess I'm in hot water right off the bat, but here it goes anyway: Could you assume, just for the sake of this question, that there is a god? And you're standing before him on judgement day. God says: "You can go back to earth and live a natural born God-fearing life or be sent directly to hell, which would you choose? Please don't play the "that's never going to happen because there is no god" card just for the sake of this discussion.

Phu Cat

You can only dream.
13-06-2016, 02:32 PM
So if I didn't want to go to hell, should I lie to get out of it?
Wouldn't this god know I was lying to save my hide?
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
13-06-2016, 02:46 PM

Phu Cat

I would choose life.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
13-06-2016, 03:00 PM

Phu Cat

What would be the point of re-living my life? And re-living it God-fearing? Dodgy Christ. I can't imagine anything more horrible. Do you know how disgusting a God fearing life is? Always looking over your shoulder, always thinking of the Big Man, always doing what He wants. You are not free, you are chained. Living a *moral* life is perfectly possible without being bound to obey some lah-di-dah arrogant bastard entity. If that's not good enough for a ticket to rock-candy mountain - and even if it was I'm pretty sure I'd turn it down anyway - then I'll take that hellbound train.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
13-06-2016, 03:05 PM
Your question requires that God is either not all knowing, or some sort of sadistic asshole, probably both.

If he were all knowing, then he would realize it is impossible for me to make myself believe without evidence. Since he created the universe, and me this way, he'd be a complete dick to punish me for it.
[+] 8 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post