Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2016, 12:16 PM
RE: Christian with a question....
(18-06-2016 11:47 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  I have to admit, liberals are usually well educated and that's what makes them dangerous. I'm willing to bet those of you that vote will vote for Hillary this year, so I rest my case. That's enough on politics. No doubt you are more educated than I. But I'm not stupid either.

Hawking's statement makes it clear that the "Big Bang" never could have possibly have happened no matter how much none believers want it to. And since God's finger prints are all over the place as I said before what other logical conclusion is there to come to? Oh, I know, aliens. You're waiting on aliens to come from outer space to save us from the bad guys of Middle East? Well you keep on waiting for your aliens as that's the only option I see you could possibly have. I have asked my question and gotten my answers. Thank you to those answering in ways you may not realize. I truly appreciate it and will pray for each of your conversions and redemption. Your friend in Christ's love, Phu Cat.

Wut?

How about a little Hawking quote:

"Before we understand science, it is natural to believe that God created the universe. But now science offers a more convincing explanation. What I meant by 'we would know the mind of God' is, we would know everything that God would know, if there were a God, which there isn't. I'm an atheist."

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/im-...el-n210076

Edit to Add: WTF is that shit about aliens?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-06-2016, 12:19 PM
(18-06-2016 09:39 AM)cactus Wrote:  God is the quotient of our desires, and the unceasing essence of our inner consciousness.

desires/essence = God.

#sigh
18-06-2016, 12:20 PM
Quote: And since God's finger prints are all over the place as I said before what other logical conclusion is there to come to? Oh, I know, aliens. You're waiting on aliens to come from outer space to save us from the bad guys of Middle East? Well you keep on waiting for your aliens as that's the only option I see you could possibly have.
This isn't like beetlejuice, you can't say the same thing three times and have it be so.
You can't be bothered to expound on one thing. People point to the gaps and you bring in this "aliens" strawman
[Image: dcddd2a38610f2a52215cdc00fbbb04581655ed4...2ea710.jpg]
18-06-2016, 12:23 PM
(18-06-2016 11:47 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  I have to admit, liberals are usually well educated and that's what makes them dangerous.

That is perhaps one of the most irrational things you've said. Being educated does not make you dangerous. Wallowing in ignorance is what is dangerous.

Quote: I'm willing to bet those of you that vote will vote for Hillary this year, so I rest my case. That's enough on politics.

You'd lose, at least in many cases.

Quote: No doubt you are more educated than I. But I'm not stupid either.

Being ignorant is not the same as being stupid. Ignorance can be cured if you want to.

Quote:Hawking's statement makes it clear that the "Big Bang" never could have possibly have happened no matter how much none believers want it to.

I don't think you understand Hawking's quotes but even if that is correct it doesn't do anything to bolster the case for a god. Disproving the big bang or evolution or any other scientific theory only puts us back to "we do not know". Not having another answer doesn't make "god did it" any more plausible.

Quote:And since God's finger prints are all over the place as I said before what other logical conclusion is there to come to?

There are no fingerprints unless you already presuppose the conclusion.

Quote:Oh, I know, aliens. You're waiting on aliens to come from outer space to save us from the bad guys of Middle East?

How the hell did you make that jump? You raise non-sequitur to an art form.

Quote:Well you keep on waiting for your aliens as that's the only option I see you could possibly have. I have asked my question and gotten my answers. Thank you to those answering in ways you may not realize. I truly appreciate it and will pray for each of your conversions and redemption. Your friend in Christ's love, Phu Cat.

How very passive-aggressive of you. Good luck with that. You obviously learned nothing here.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
18-06-2016, 12:26 PM
here's betting that he doesn't actually pray for us. definitely not individually.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
18-06-2016, 12:27 PM
(18-06-2016 11:47 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  I have to admit, liberals are usually well educated and that's what makes them dangerous.

Ah, there's your problem: You have a bad case of epistemophobia.

Quote:And since God's finger prints are all over the place...

(Springy G looks at Her hands, and frowns) Sorry. I'll go wash up.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Astreja's post
18-06-2016, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2016 12:50 PM by Deesse23.)
(18-06-2016 11:47 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  And since God's finger prints are all over the place as I said before what other logical conclusion is there to come to?

How do you know gods fingerprints? Met him before? Is he on AFIS?
We dont figure out reality with "logic", we do science, ya know. But i will give you another logical conclusion that is just as valid as yours: universe-creating pixies!

All you have is a big argument from ignorance. You should start to be intellectually honest with yourself. Just give it a try and say with me: "i dont know".

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
18-06-2016, 12:33 PM
(18-06-2016 11:47 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  [size=medium]I have to admit, liberals are usually well educated and that's what makes them dangerous. I'm willing to bet those of you that vote will vote for Hillary this year, so I rest my case. That's enough on politics. No doubt you are more educated than I. But I'm not stupid either.

Hawking's statement makes it
clear that the "Big Bang" never could have possibly have happened no matter how much none believers want it to. And since God's finger prints are all over the place as I said before what other logical conclusion is there to come to? Oh, I know, aliens. You're waiting on aliens to come from outer space to save us from the bad guys of Middle East? Well you keep on waiting for your aliens as that's the only option I see you could possibly have. I have asked my question and gotten my answers. Thank you to those answering in ways you may not realize. I truly appreciate it and will pray for each of your conversions and redemption. Your friend in Christ's love, Phu Cat.

I'm confused...are you saying God couldn't use the Big Bang, or that it couldn't be a description of the creation of the universe being made by God? The Big Bang was actually first suggested by a Catholic priest after all.

Now I'm not saying the Big Bang is above reproach as an idea, just that I'm confused by if you think it's false, or if God couldn't use it. Plus it's hardly the only theory being floated on the beginnings of our universe. Off the top of my head there's also the now defunct Steady-state Universe. The Digital Simulation, where we're more or less just someone's game of the Sims. Or the Oscilating Universe model, whose original format was Big Bangs and Big Crunches, but now tends to involves Branes, or membranes colliding within higher dimensional volume known as the Bulk.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
18-06-2016, 12:38 PM
(18-06-2016 11:47 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  [size=medium]I have to admit, liberals are usually well educated and that's what makes them dangerous. I'm willing to bet those of you that vote will vote for Hillary this year, so I rest my case. That's enough on politics. No doubt you are more educated than I. But I'm not stupid either.

clear that the "Big Bang" never could have possibly have happened no matter how much none believers want it to. And since God's finger prints are all over the place as I said before what other logical conclusion is there to come to? Oh, I know, aliens. You're waiting on aliens to come from outer space to save us from the bad guys of Middle East? Well you keep on waiting for your aliens as that's the only option I see you could possibly have. I have asked my question and gotten my answers. Thank you to those answering in ways you may not realize. I truly appreciate it and will pray for each of your conversions and redemption. Your friend in Christ's love, Phu Cat.

Yes, we several of answered your question in ways unexpected by you, now would you consider answering a few questions posed by some of us? It is our site here you may or may not realize. In case you missed it I will put my question again. How is it that any one can have respect for a God who directed His chosen people to kill indiscriminately. Men women and children and even unborn cattle etc..Fear as He demands, yes, but tell us about how it is you can respect that type of shit!
18-06-2016, 12:41 PM

You seem to have the ear of god…which god? Does he speak to you in your dreams, or only when you are using psychedelic drugs? You seem to have some inside knowledge of this mythical being, and his desires, how so? You realize how many have come before you claiming to know god’s inner desires and demands for humanity? Lets pretend it is all real…god wanted robots. The ultimatum and pretense of choice when you say, “worship me, or spend eternity in hell” is no choice, and thus he truly does want robots. Why did he even start this in the first place? Bored much? Hmmmm I want to create EVERYTHING, and then 6 billion little people, and since I am all knowing, I knew when I planted the tree of knowledge and gave them choice they would partake, and then I would be mad, and demand this eternal sin/debt to be paid, and then eventually slice off part of myself to implant into a woman, to raise as my son on earth to fulfill the incarnation and atonement, which is me satisfying my own ego and demand for justice…and then each person born after them would upon birth be saddled with this slavery contract….worship me or spend eternity in hell…all a ridiculous egocentric immature murderous selfish piece of shit of a diety….you surely see how made up this all sounds, only man could have come up with such a ridiculous posit. No world creating diety would be so ……..immature and selfish, and if so, does not deserve worship. A moot point, as it is all made up, much like your crazy fucking perspective.

You have blinders on, there is much you do not know, you cling to faith like a stripper to her favorite shiny pole. I know, you are scared, and need your spiritual security blanky like a 3 yo grips his favorite teddy bear at night when there is a clang in the pipes. Be not afraid, research, READ your favorite fable, the bible, research how that was put together and by who and why...and no, god isnt the answer to that one. Life is short, to go through it blind clinging to a fairy tale about a magical genie who wiggled his fifth appendage and created everything is just...ridiculous. Surely as an adult you realize this?

I think it is very anthropocentric of you to posit that we are the center of everything, that the bible (based on myth and full of pseudepigrapha) is proof of anything. It is a great show of hubris on your part to think you have any credibility when referencing the bible on any subject, and then you have the audacity to challenge our position..get some education on the subject and get back to us in a few years.

You see child, you are at a distinct disadvantage, you believe in a fairy tale, a fairy tale based on a discredited, easily dismantled and disproven fictional book, filled with allegorical writings by communities of followers who penned them under more known author's names, pseudepigrapha by definition. Now if you wanted to discuss the philosophical theories of god then that would be a different, albeit subjective discussion, but if you cling to the bible as argument from authority, then you are beyond help. the world isn't flat, there isn't enough water on or in the planet to flood the world as per the mythical global flood that never happened, and jesus christ super star the miracle performing zombie didnt exist in that capacity either as all writings about him were penned after his death by people who never witnessed the alleged events. Seek knowledge, it will help you with your 'faith".

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post