Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2016, 01:04 PM
RE: Christian with a question....
(18-06-2016 11:47 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  [size=medium]I have to admit, liberals are usually well educated and that's what makes them dangerous. I'm willing to bet those of you that vote will vote for Hillary this year, so I rest my case. That's enough on politics. No doubt you are more educated than I. But I'm not stupid either.

Hawking's statement makes it
clear that the "Big Bang" never could have possibly have happened no matter how much none believers want it to. And since God's finger prints are all over the place as I said before what other logical conclusion is there to come to? Oh, I know, aliens. You're waiting on aliens to come from outer space to save us from the bad guys of Middle East? Well you keep on waiting for your aliens as that's the only option I see you could possibly have. I have asked my question and gotten my answers. Thank you to those answering in ways you may not realize. I truly appreciate it and will pray for each of your conversions and redemption. Your friend in Christ's love, Phu Cat.

And on his high horse, away rode he.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2016, 01:11 PM
These are the things we have to do.

For the sake of argument, let's pretend a god exists.
What if you discover that a god exists ?
What do you imagine you'll say to a god after you're dead ?

What if the death star was hiding behind the moon ?
Let's pretend a massive black hole is orbiting Pluto.
For the sake argument, what super power would you want to have if a meteor crashed into your house and you survived ?

Gods are imaginary. Always have been.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
18-06-2016, 01:12 PM
(18-06-2016 01:04 PM)julep Wrote:  And on his high horse, away rode he.

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-06-2016, 01:20 PM
(18-06-2016 01:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 01:04 PM)julep Wrote:  And on his high horse, away rode he.

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

Heresy, do not quote Stephen King! You must quote the "Sanctified Stephen King", Frank Peretti. Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-06-2016, 02:20 PM
(18-06-2016 12:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 09:39 AM)cactus Wrote:  God is the quotient of our desires, and the unceasing essence of our inner consciousness.

desires/essence = God.
Wow, I was just in the process of deriving a mathematical proof but then you went ahead and beat me to it. Bowing

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
18-06-2016, 03:33 PM
(18-06-2016 11:47 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  I have to admit, liberals are usually well educated and that's what makes them dangerous. I'm willing to bet those of you that vote will vote for Hillary this year, so I rest my case.

Wrong. I'm from Canada so I won't be voting for either of your lizards. Our governing party is
[Image: logo-01.png]
I voted to the left of them.

Quote:Hawking's statement makes it clear...

Your inability to understand Hawking's statement makes it clear that you shouldn't debate the finer points of cosmology.

Quote:And since God's finger prints are all over the place as I said before what other logical conclusion is there to come to?

You'd think that He could wash his hands after going to the loo. What you refer to as "God's fingerprints" are nothing more than a classic example of confirmation bias. Believing that which agrees with you faith while ignoring all else. For example, what part of this looks like it was created by any sort of intelligence?
[Image: galseq_D_063.jpg]
Because that's what the large-scale structure of the universe looks like.

Quote:Oh, I know, aliens. You're waiting on aliens to come from outer space to save us from the bad guys of Middle East?

[Image: bd6b1e5141b789cc50a989c6053f9fd26154f989...c41137.jpg]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
18-06-2016, 05:50 PM
(18-06-2016 12:33 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 11:47 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  [size=medium]I have to admit, liberals are usually well educated and that's what makes them dangerous. I'm willing to bet those of you that vote will vote for Hillary this year, so I rest my case. That's enough on politics. No doubt you are more educated than I. But I'm not stupid either.

clear that the "Big Bang" never could have possibly have happened no matter how much none believers want it to. And since God's finger prints are all over the place as I said before what other logical conclusion is there to come to? Oh, I know, aliens. You're waiting on aliens to come from outer space to save us from the bad guys of Middle East? Well you keep on waiting for your aliens as that's the only option I see you could possibly have. I have asked my question and gotten my answers. Thank you to those answering in ways you may not realize. I truly appreciate it and will pray for each of your conversions and redemption. Your friend in Christ's love, Phu Cat.

I'm confused...are you saying God couldn't use the Big Bang, or that it couldn't be a description of the creation of the universe being made by God? The Big Bang was actually first suggested by a Catholic priest after all.

Now I'm not saying the Big Bang is above reproach as an idea, just that I'm confused by if you think it's false, or if God couldn't use it. Plus it's hardly the only theory being floated on the beginnings of our universe. Off the top of my head there's also the now defunct Steady-state Universe. The Digital Simulation, where we're more or less just someone's game of the Sims. Or the Oscilating Universe model, whose original format was Big Bangs and Big Crunches, but now tends to involves Branes, or membranes colliding within higher dimensional volume known as the Bulk.

That's what I always want to ask Christians when they tell us it's "atheist science"...

Why then did Monsignor Georges LemaƮtre propose the concept that came to be called the "Big Bang"?

Why then did Sir Alfred Russel Wallace, the co-discoverer (with Darwin, of course) of the Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection, for which he was knighted, continue to believe in Christ, and argue with Darwin about having abandoned spirituality?

I ask these as serious questions: Why did these two devout men propose the ideas and form the models for the things you think are "against God", somehow?

(If you want to look up a list of other famous breakthrough scientists who were Christians, I'm sure a Google search wouldn't be too much trouble, I tell them.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-06-2016, 06:05 PM

Wow. Nice of you to shit all over with your passive aggressive vomit that you'll "pray for us."

So let me clear this up for you:

I, and many others, are NOT liberal. I happen to be a libertarian. Im sure we have a few conservatives here too. Atheism =\= liberalism. So congrats. Score one point in the stereotyping bigot bucket.

I don't know if you are stupid, but you are clearly willfully ignorant. You are mischaracterizing Hawking's statement and since this point has been shown to you you are being dishonest. Score one point in being a dishonest bastard.

You also seem to think that we aren't aware that many here are former theists, despite SEVERAL threads on such. You aren't interested in that. You want to hope for our conversion because the only reason we are atheists is because we haven't heard it before. Score two for being a stereotyping bigot.

And aliens? Bad guys in the Middle East? Have you gone full retard? Wtf? What does that have to do with your questions anyway?

Yes, I'm mad. You aren't interested in discussion, or in engaging with us. You just wanted to get ammo for your own agenda and reinforce your own ideas about atheists.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
18-06-2016, 06:34 PM
I don't think he's coming back. He blew his load already. And what a tiny, pathetic load it was.
18-06-2016, 07:24 PM
(18-06-2016 05:50 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 12:33 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I'm confused...are you saying God couldn't use the Big Bang, or that it couldn't be a description of the creation of the universe being made by God? The Big Bang was actually first suggested by a Catholic priest after all.

Now I'm not saying the Big Bang is above reproach as an idea, just that I'm confused by if you think it's false, or if God couldn't use it. Plus it's hardly the only theory being floated on the beginnings of our universe. Off the top of my head there's also the now defunct Steady-state Universe. The Digital Simulation, where we're more or less just someone's game of the Sims. Or the Oscilating Universe model, whose original format was Big Bangs and Big Crunches, but now tends to involves Branes, or membranes colliding within higher dimensional volume known as the Bulk.

That's what I always want to ask Christians when they tell us it's "atheist science"...

Why then did Monsignor Georges LemaƮtre propose the concept that came to be called the "Big Bang"?

Why then did Sir Alfred Russel Wallace, the co-discoverer (with Darwin, of course) of the Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection, for which he was knighted, continue to believe in Christ, and argue with Darwin about having abandoned spirituality?

I ask these as serious questions: Why did these two devout men propose the ideas and form the models for the things you think are "against God", somehow?

(If you want to look up a list of other famous breakthrough scientists who were Christians, I'm sure a Google search wouldn't be too much trouble, I tell them.)
Oh much better said than I did. Smile And for easy reference, I looked up some for him:

Wikipedia: List of Catholic Cleric Scientists

Relevant Magazine: 9 Groundbreaking Scientists who happen to be Christians.

Association of Christian Astronomers.

Cold Case Christianity: The Rich, Historic Roll Call of Great Christian Thinkers and Scientists.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post