Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2016, 08:54 AM
RE: Christian with a question....
(19-06-2016 02:49 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 02:33 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Reminds me of Heywood Jablome = Hey would you blow me

Oh yeah.... All I care about is that they've offered themselves up as a nice chew toy. I have pent up aggression that I need to work out of my system.

[Image: b302000afc853ef79af0edfbae7147ed382b49a1...479be4.jpg]

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
19-06-2016, 09:08 AM
(19-06-2016 02:19 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Phu cat=fuck it.

Troll is as troll does.

wow i cant believe i missed that. ive brought great shame upon myself and family.
19-06-2016, 01:00 PM
(18-06-2016 11:47 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  Hawking's statement makes it [/size] clear that the "Big Bang" never could have possibly have happened no matter how much none believers want it to. And since God's finger prints are all over the place as I said before what other logical conclusion is there to come to? Oh, I know, aliens. You're waiting on aliens to come from outer space to save us from the bad guys of Middle East? Well you keep on waiting for your aliens as that's the only option I see you could possibly have. I have asked my question and gotten my answers. Thank you to those answering in ways you may not realize.

Why does it have to be aliens? If you want to ascribe a creator to the universe because you think a creator god has his or her fingerprints all over the damn place it can be literally anything you can possibly imagine or can't imagine even, it could be aliens or ghosts or wizards or...well you get the point.

You are simply preferring your God, the Christian God Yahweh but it could be Brahma or Atum or literally any creator God ever conceived or no God at all, why does it have to an intelligence anyway? It could've been a dumb kid in another dimension who was experimenting in a lab, he accidentally mixed some stuff together, placed it in an oven and then BOOM, a universe was created, the kid probably got in big trouble for doing that but now it's been 14 billion years and here we are after all that time, our creator can't speak to us or know what we are doing, we were just some accident.

I have to say Phu Cat for someone who seems so sure that your God finely tuned our universe because you can't imagine any other reason then you lack a lot of creativity, you were brain washed by someone you love to believe in this one particular God but never even read the holy book all about his works, you can't possibly make any room for another God existing or creating our universe and you don't understand the science you claim proves your concept of a creator deity, you don't even understand that Stephen Hawking is an atheist.

As far as drive by theists go it was fun poking holes in your silly arguments and reasons to believe, I've heard better arguments from children and I'm not joking. How about don't waste your time praying for us and just read your bible? Learn about the history of your religion, how about just learn world history in general? Actually pick up a science book? Seems a better use of your time since you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like SitaSky's post
19-06-2016, 01:32 PM
They're not fingerprints... they're the claw-marks of our Lord and Savior Jibbers Crabst.

Praise Jibbers!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
19-06-2016, 03:06 PM
(19-06-2016 07:14 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 11:16 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  He was here when I wrote that, according to the "User( s ) browsing this thread" line at the bottom.

Guess God didn't tell him to answer us.
Phu Cat is like the Silver Skulls Space Marines from Warhammer40k. He only posts when the signs and portents tell him too, even if no one else believes in that stuff.

(19-06-2016 06:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  That all smacks of desperation.
Since the early 20th century, it has not been possible to be a Christian and a scientist without compartmentalization of those beliefs.

Many of the people on those lists were pre-20th century though.

Hence the remark about desperation.
What scientists in religious cultures where professing non-belief is dangerous believe is not important to this discussion.
Also, when there are no mechanisms imaginable for world formation or for life, some sort of belief is far less dissonant.

Quote:And I hesitated to include the Cold Case Christianity link, because while rather exhaustive,

And exhaustingly bad thinking. That site is actually fully presuppositional.

Quote:I have this dislike of the guy who wrote the book, due to his appearance/ad time "testifying at the trial" in God's Not Dead 2. Also I'd respectfully disagree, though agree the probability is there that it's easier in some fields than others; kinda funny you say that though. I did 5k around the campus this morning, walk wise, because no one is in here at 7am on a Sunday. Ended up going through the hall where Biology, Geology, and Anthropology keep their lab space, because they've been cleaning this week, so geology's entire collection is on display in the hall. The first two things I see are a tongue in cheek 25 billion days since the last velociraptor attack/raptor free workplace sign, and next to it, an anti-evolution speaker sign from Cru (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ) about how, directly quoting including spelling and punctuation, "Certain aspects of evolution occasionally seem fairly plausible to many people. However, when we take a closer look at what actually goes on inside DNA, we see a very different picture. Presenting some cutting-edge information about DNA, this presentation clearly demonstrates (in laymen's terms) that molecules-to-man evolution is virtually impossible."

Ummm, so? What do they think "goes on inside DNA"? Hint: It's a really stupid statement.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-06-2016, 03:23 PM
(19-06-2016 01:32 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  They're not fingerprints... they're the claw-marks of our Lord and Savior Jibbers Crabst.

Praise Jibbers!

Great fun. Thanks. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
19-06-2016, 03:28 PM
(19-06-2016 01:00 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 11:47 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  Hawking's statement makes it [/size] clear that the "Big Bang" never could have possibly have happened no matter how much none believers want it to. And since God's finger prints are all over the place as I said before what other logical conclusion is there to come to? Oh, I know, aliens. You're waiting on aliens to come from outer space to save us from the bad guys of Middle East? Well you keep on waiting for your aliens as that's the only option I see you could possibly have. I have asked my question and gotten my answers. Thank you to those answering in ways you may not realize.

Why does it have to be aliens? If you want to ascribe a creator to the universe because you think a creator god has his or her fingerprints all over the damn place it can be literally anything you can possibly imagine or can't imagine even, it could be aliens or ghosts or wizards or...well you get the point.

You are simply preferring your God, the Christian God Yahweh but it could be Brahma or Atum or literally any creator God ever conceived or no God at all, why does it have to an intelligence anyway? It could've been a dumb kid in another dimension who was experimenting in a lab, he accidentally mixed some stuff together, placed it in an oven and then BOOM, a universe was created, the kid probably got in big trouble for doing that but now it's been 14 billion years and here we are after all that time, our creator can't speak to us or know what we are doing, we were just some accident.

I have to say Phu Cat for someone who seems so sure that your God finely tuned our universe because you can't imagine any other reason then you lack a lot of creativity, you were brain washed by someone you love to believe in this one particular God but never even read the holy book all about his works, you can't possibly make any room for another God existing or creating our universe and you don't understand the science you claim proves your concept of a creator deity, you don't even understand that Stephen Hawking is an atheist.

As far as drive by theists go it was fun poking holes in your silly arguments and reasons to believe, I've heard better arguments from children and I'm not joking. How about don't waste your time praying for us and just read your bible? Learn about the history of your religion, how about just learn world history in general? Actually pick up a science book? Seems a better use of your time since you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

I read a short story 20 years ago that I wish I still had access to, but don't. It postulated an internet that got bigger and better until it became self aware and could even do time travel then went back 14 billion years and did a big bang to bring us into existence so we would invent it, and so it goes! Kind of Kurt Vonnegut type story, but I don't believe it as him.
19-06-2016, 03:34 PM
(19-06-2016 03:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  Hence the remark about desperation.
What scientists in religious cultures where professing non-belief is dangerous believe is not important to this discussion.
Also, when there are no mechanisms imaginable for world formation or for life, some sort of belief is far less dissonant.

And I don't disagree with that.

Quote:And exhaustingly bad thinking. That site is actually fully presuppositional.
Which is why I only linked to the list. Though to hear the guy in the movie he started with the idea that Christianity wasn't necessarily right, instead of a foundational truth. The website, however, does not reflect that view, and is instead, as you pointed out, presuppositional.

Quote:Ummm, so? What do they think "goes on inside DNA"? Hint: It's a really stupid statement.
No clue what they feel "goes on inside DNA"; I never made it to their presentation back when it went on, I had better things to do than listen to attempts to rationalize the denial of something backed with rather undeniably large amounts of evidence. They also mis-spelled "layman's". As for why bring it up? Just thought it was funny that I saw you post your point, right after seeing the juxtaposition of anti-evolution material next to the lab that looks at fossils.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-06-2016, 04:21 AM
(13-06-2016 12:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 12:29 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  So I guess I'm in hot water right off the bat, but here it goes anyway: Could you assume, just for the sake of this question, that there is a god? And you're standing before him on judgement day. God says: "You can go back to earth and live a natural born God-fearing life or be sent directly to hell, which would you choose? Please don't play the "that's never going to happen because there is no god" card just for the sake of this discussion.

Thanks for answering, I'd think this would be a really tough decision.

Phu Cat

No.

If any of that did happen, which I believe couldn't anyway, I'd probably give it a hefty peice of my mind and end it with telling him where he could shove the options.

Welcome to our community.

If this scenario did happen.... and if you did respond to God like you say you would...and if God then sent you directly to hell, the first thing that would pop into your mind would be, "ow ow ow....this place fucking hurts". The second thing that would pop into your mind would be "How could I have been so stupid".

You're not that stupid. When you make responses like you did here, I imagine very few people believe you.
20-06-2016, 04:43 AM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2016 05:11 AM by DLJ.)
(20-06-2016 04:21 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ...
When you make responses like you did here, I imagine very few people believe you.

Blink

HJ questioning Moms' integrity!

I think I've seen everything, now.

Parallel universe, anyone?

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post