Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2016, 12:16 AM
RE: Christian with a question....
(20-06-2016 04:21 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If this scenario did happen.... and if you did respond to God like you say you would...and if God then sent you directly to hell, the first thing that would pop into your mind would be, "ow ow ow....this place fucking hurts". The second thing that would pop into your mind would be "How could I have been so stupid".

You're not that stupid. When you make responses like you did here, I imagine very few people believe you.

Given the fact that we're already allegedly doomed to Hell by our non-belief, any self-respecting atheist would do exactly that. If such a tyrant-god exists, and permits me to talk back, I will do my best to put him on trial in his own court for his own injustices.

Foolish gesture? Perhaps.

Defiant last words of someone unwilling to worship such a cunt? You bet your ass.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
21-06-2016, 03:12 AM
(18-06-2016 11:47 AM)Phu Cat Wrote:  Hawking's statement makes it clear that the "Big Bang" never could have possibly have happened no matter how much none believers want it to.
Hawking actually said: "Time began at the moment of singularity, and this has likely occurred only once 14 billion years ago". He also said: "Many people still seek a divine solution to counter the theories of curious physicists. What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing hell for people who asked such questions?”

Quote:And since God's finger prints are all over the place as I said before what other logical conclusion is there to come to?
Major non sequitur LOL. Anyway... Hawking has also said: "That in the 1980s, around the time I released a paper discussing the moment the universe was born, Pope John Paul II admonished the scientific establishment against studying the moment of creation, as it was holy... I was glad not to be thrown into an inquisition,” he joked.

Quote:Oh, I know, aliens.
Nope, wrong again LOL. It's actually the theists that seem to have a belief in unevidenced other-worldly beings, such as gods and angels and devils. In fact the subject of alien visitation seldom enters into the discussions of authentic atheists, other than positing that it still has to be considered a remote possibility. If you, as a theist, naively deny the possibility (probability?) of life in other galaxies, then you're scientifically illiterate.

Quote:I have asked my question and gotten my answers.
Your "questions" were nothing more than mere, thinly-veiled attacks on atheism and atheists, plus an indirect defence of theism. It's true that we've given you some appropriate answers, but apparently you're unable to consider scientific truths for even a moment in your undignified haste to prove just how "superior" you are.

Quote:I truly appreciate it and will pray for each of your conversions and redemption.
This single statement more than adequately encapsulates why it's so fucking obvious that you really have not the faintest of ideas of what this forum is all about. By believing this sort of condescending drivel—prayer and redemption etc— you've only succeeded in making yourself look even more like a total retard.

Quote:Your friend in Christ's love, Phu Cat.
I'm sorry, but please don't patronise us by calling us your friends. I usually choose my friends from people with fully-functioning brains, rather than people who've apparently had frontal lobotomies LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
21-06-2016, 03:40 AM
(20-06-2016 03:57 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  It irks me more than anything else the fundies say, when they claim (usually citing a Bible verse) that the reason we don't worship their God is pride.

I say it is integrity. I too would happily burn rather than serve the monster the Christians describe. I wouldn't enjoy it, no, but I would never submit to any power that demands my servitude in exchange for not being burned. I would do the same if the Daesh fighters captured me and told me to submit to Allah or be burned alive, as many brave persons have already done.

When your God is no better than an ISIS militant, you've lost.

Your analogy fails because ISIS militant are not gods. With an ISIS militant your myrtydom has some chance to effect a change in the situation. This is not the case with the scenario the OP described.

You said it yourself. Your claim that you would defy a god is all about personal integrity. Well defending your personal integrity is a stupid reason to spend an eternity in torment. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe there really are a bunch of atheists out there who are so stupid that they would defend their personal integrity by submitting themselves to horrific eternal torment. I doubt it though.

I am a betting man, and I would instantly snap up the opportunity that any random atheist who claims they would tell God to "fuck off" caves if the situation actually presented itself. I think most of the people reading this thread agree with me here but are too afraid to admit it publically.
21-06-2016, 04:15 AM
(21-06-2016 03:40 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 03:57 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  It irks me more than anything else the fundies say, when they claim (usually citing a Bible verse) that the reason we don't worship their God is pride.

I say it is integrity. I too would happily burn rather than serve the monster the Christians describe. I wouldn't enjoy it, no, but I would never submit to any power that demands my servitude in exchange for not being burned. I would do the same if the Daesh fighters captured me and told me to submit to Allah or be burned alive, as many brave persons have already done.

When your God is no better than an ISIS militant, you've lost.

Your analogy fails because ISIS militant are not gods. With an ISIS militant your myrtydom has some chance to effect a change in the situation. This is not the case with the scenario the OP described.

You said it yourself. Your claim that you would defy a god is all about personal integrity. Well defending your personal integrity is a stupid reason to spend an eternity in torment. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe there really are a bunch of atheists out there who are so stupid that they would defend their personal integrity by submitting themselves to horrific eternal torment. I doubt it though.

I am a betting man, and I would instantly snap up the opportunity that any random atheist who claims they would tell God to "fuck off" caves if the situation actually presented itself. I think most of the people reading this thread agree with me here but are too afraid to admit it publically.

Blowjob, what the fuck do you know? You're fishing for a response here but let's just be clear to those who don't know you that you're a troll. And stop pretending you know better than others what they think themselves - you're a severely limited idiot, not a psychic.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-06-2016, 04:31 AM
(21-06-2016 03:40 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Your analogy fails because ISIS militant are not gods. With an ISIS militant your martyrdom has some chance to effect a change in the situation.
Imaginary gods cannot effect any change in any situation.

Quote:Well defending your personal integrity is a stupid reason to spend an eternity in torment. Maybe I am wrong.
Purely hypothetically, you are indeed wrong. Sorry.

Quote:Maybe there really are a bunch of atheists out there who are so stupid that they would defend their personal integrity by submitting themselves to horrific eternal torment
Eternal damnation is nothing more than a baseless piece of dogma invented in an attempt to keep your lot fearful and under the control of the church. And to keep the money rolling in of course LOL.

Quote:I am a betting man, and I would instantly snap up the opportunity that any random atheist who claims they would tell God to "fuck off" caves if the situation actually presented itself.
This is a nonsensical premise, as it's based on a fantasy only you (and other theists) believe in. I've yet to see anywhere here that you've proved that your god actually exists—which I'm guessing is because you don't have any proof. Whoops.

Quote:I think most of the people reading this thread agree with me here but are too afraid to admit it publicly.
Seriously? You do realise that you're posting on an atheist forum? Maybe you don't... I dunno.

[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
21-06-2016, 04:38 AM
(21-06-2016 04:31 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(21-06-2016 03:40 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Your analogy fails because ISIS militant are not gods. With an ISIS militant your martyrdom has some chance to effect a change in the situation.
Imaginary gods cannot effect any change in any situation.

Quote:Well defending your personal integrity is a stupid reason to spend an eternity in torment. Maybe I am wrong.
Purely hypothetically, you are indeed wrong. Sorry.

Quote:Maybe there really are a bunch of atheists out there who are so stupid that they would defend their personal integrity by submitting themselves to horrific eternal torment
Eternal damnation is nothing more than a baseless piece of dogma invented in an attempt to keep your lot fearful and under the control of the church. And to keep the money rolling in of course LOL.

Quote:I am a betting man, and I would instantly snap up the opportunity that any random atheist who claims they would tell God to "fuck off" caves if the situation actually presented itself.
This is a nonsensical premise, as it's based on a fantasy only you (and other theists) believe in. I've yet to see anywhere here that you've proved that your god actually exists—which I'm guessing is because you don't have any proof. Whoops.

Quote:I think most of the people reading this thread agree with me here but are too afraid to admit it publicly.
Seriously? You do realise that you're posting on an atheist forum? Maybe you don't... I dunno.

All you are doing here is rejecting the OP's request to assume that God exists for the sake of argument. You aren't providing any actual insights.
21-06-2016, 04:42 AM
(21-06-2016 04:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  Blowjob, what the fuck do you know? You're fishing for a response here but let's just be clear to those who don't know you that you're a troll. And stop pretending you know better than others what they think themselves - you're a severely limited idiot, not a psychic.

I could be wrong. I still book the bet. I'm confident I probably end up better off.

How would you bet? Would you honestly bet on any random atheist not caving?

I may be an idiot(I'm not)...but I am not a coward like you afraid to express an opinion.
21-06-2016, 04:49 AM
(21-06-2016 04:42 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I may be an idiot(I'm not)...but I am not a coward like you afraid to express an opinion.

You are a troll, dickhead. My response to OP was already given in this thread. And you're now making bets on other people whom you don't know. Your accuracy will be 50% at most, probably a lot less since you're going against what they've already stated in the thread.

Blowjob, you're just not cut out for rational argument. Why don't you crawl back to your dank hole and go talk to Christians?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-06-2016, 04:56 AM
(21-06-2016 04:49 AM)morondog Wrote:  You are a troll, dickhead. My response to OP was already given in this thread. And you're now making bets on other people whom you don't know. Your accuracy will be 50% at most, probably a lot less since you're going against what they've already stated in the thread.

Blowjob, you're just not cut out for rational argument. Why don't you crawl back to your dank hole and go talk to Christians?

My win rate on bets I make is 57%.

You know nothing about betting except that if you sit in front of the machine long enough they give you a free drink.
21-06-2016, 06:13 AM
(21-06-2016 04:38 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(21-06-2016 04:31 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Imaginary gods cannot effect any change in any situation...

All you are doing here is rejecting the OP's request to assume that God exists for the sake of argument. You aren't providing any actual insights.

It's ultimately pointless for a theist to pose a nonsensical hypothetical such as "assume that gods exist". That'd be as silly as if I were to say to you "Assume that you were Superman. Would you use your X-ray vision to look through women's clothes?" (Every schoolboy's prepubescent dream LOL.)

To warrant debate, legitimate hypotheticals must be grounded in fact, not fiction.

[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post