Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2016, 04:11 PM
RE: Christian with a question....
(22-06-2016 03:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 02:43 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Does this mean you would counsel your child to choose eternal torment?

Give it a rest you silly twat. The situation of the OP is ludicrous.

RS and I are trying to have a discussion. Please stay out of it if you aren't going to add anything meaningful.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2016, 04:12 PM
(22-06-2016 03:59 PM)Aliza Wrote:  The real options are to believe and nothing happens, or don't believe and nothing happens.

What difference does it make which one you choose?

It is a thought experiment. How you answer gives insight into how you think.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
22-06-2016, 04:13 PM
(22-06-2016 04:11 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 03:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  Give it a rest you silly twat. The situation of the OP is ludicrous.

RS and I are trying to have a discussion. Please stay out of it if you aren't going to add anything meaningful.

That's not the way it works here, BlowJob. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-06-2016, 04:17 PM
Meaningfull? Can do!

This is my Earth
And I live in it
It's one third dirt
And two thirds water
And it rotates and revolves through space
At rather an impressive pace
And never even messes up my hair
And here's the really weird thing
The force created by its spin
Is the force that stops the chaos flooding in

This is my Earth
And it's fine
It's where I spend the vast majority of my time
It's not perfect
But it's mine
It's not perfect

This is my country
And I live in it
It's pretty big
And nice to walk on And the bloke who runs my country
Has built a demagoguery
And tought us to be fearful and boring
And the wierdest thing is that he is
Conservative of politics
But really rather radical of eyebrow

This is my country
And it's fine
It's not perfect
But it's mine
It's not perfect

This is my house
And I live in it
It's made of cracks
And photographs
We rent it off a guy who bought it from a guy
Who bought it from a guy
Whose grandad left it to him
And the weirdest thing is that this house
Has locks to keep the baddies out
But they're mostly used to lock ourselves in

This is my house
And it's fine
It's not perfect
But it's mine
It's not perfect
But it's mine

This is my body
And I live in it
It's 31
And 6 months old
It's changed a lot since it was new
It's done stuff it wasn't built to do
I often try to fill it up with wine
And the weirdest thing about it is
I spend so much time hating it
But it never says a bad word about me

This is my body
And it's fine
It's not perfect
But it's mine
It's not perfect

This is my brain
And I live in it
It's made of love
And bad song lyrics
It's tucked away behind my eyes
Where all my screwed up thoughts can hide
Cos God forbid I hurt somebody
And the weirdest thing about a mind
Is that every answer that you find
Is the basis of a brand new cliché

This is my brain
And it's fine
It's not perfect
But it's mine
It's not perfect
I'm not quite sure I've worked out how to work it
It's not perfect
But it's mine

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
22-06-2016, 04:19 PM
(22-06-2016 04:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 04:11 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  RS and I are trying to have a discussion. Please stay out of it if you aren't going to add anything meaningful.

That's not the way it works here, BlowJob. Drinking Beverage

What he said. You got a problem with it then you 2 should get a room. We have a forum for that.

#sigh
22-06-2016, 04:26 PM
(22-06-2016 04:11 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 03:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  Give it a rest you silly twat. The situation of the OP is ludicrous.

Haha. Nice try dickhead. RS answered you, that's all. He's not in the least bit interested in your drivel if I'm any judge.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-06-2016, 04:36 PM
(22-06-2016 04:26 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 04:11 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  RS and I are trying to have a discussion. Please stay out of it if you aren't going to add anything meaningful.

Haha. Nice try dickhead. RS answered you, that's all. He's not in the least bit interested in your drivel if I'm any judge.

For the most part he did answer me and I accept his answers. But he never did answer whether or not he would counsel his child to choose hell.....so I am following up.

Really this is none of your concern because you don't choose to be a part of this discussion in a meaningful way. All you seem to do is insult me and try to de-rail discussions I am having with quality posters(I forgive you of course). You're welcome to participate if you are willing to act like an adult but I don't have my hopes up. My money is on that you will just continue to try to crash this discussion and any future ones I am having.
22-06-2016, 05:37 PM
(22-06-2016 04:36 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Really this is none of your concern because you don't choose to be a part of this discussion in a meaningful way. All you seem to do is insult me and try to de-rail discussions I am having with quality posters(I forgive you of course). You're welcome to participate if you are willing to act like an adult but I don't have my hopes up. My money is on that you will just continue to try to crash this discussion and any future ones I am having.

How very prim and proper you are Rolleyes Respect is earned Blowjob, you squandered any chance of ever getting any with anyone here long ago. You get insults because that's all you're fit for.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-06-2016, 05:47 PM
*sigh* I thought it was obvious, already, from my earlier discussion.

I would counsel my child to make his own moral choices, built on a good philosophical foundation of human rights and basic decency. I would hope to instill in him a sense of honor and personal integrity. If my son made the decision to give in to the blackmail of a tyrant, and chose eternal servitude, then that would be his right. If my son made the decision to defy the tyrant and receive the tyrant's punishment, then that is also his right. I would only hope that I fully prepared him to make a knowledgeable decision.

Dog is quite correct. I have no interest in discussing it with you. A person who cannot (or will not) understand why another person would stand on principle and personal integrity is not someone in whom I wish to invest very much of my time.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
22-06-2016, 05:53 PM
(22-06-2016 04:36 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 04:26 PM)morondog Wrote:  Haha. Nice try dickhead. RS answered you, that's all. He's not in the least bit interested in your drivel if I'm any judge.

For the most part he did answer me and I accept his answers. But he never did answer whether or not he would counsel his child to choose hell.....so I am following up.

Really this is none of your concern because you don't choose to be a part of this discussion in a meaningful way. All you seem to do is insult me and try to de-rail discussions I am having with quality posters(I forgive you of course). You're welcome to participate if you are willing to act like an adult but I don't have my hopes up. My money is on that you will just continue to try to crash this discussion and any future ones I am having.

Hey Jawbone, I don't know where the Phuc rat went, but he asked the original question, and doesn't choose to answer that question when asked of him, unless I missed his post. But could you explain how it is you can have respect for a Supreme Being who before having His Son butchered was so proud of all the killing that he had his favorite people do? I came back to see if he had ever deigned to answer when I noticed you wearing his same color uniform. Thanks B A P
[+] 3 users Like Born Again Pagan's post