Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2016, 06:13 PM
RE: Christian with a question....
(21-06-2016 03:40 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 03:57 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  It irks me more than anything else the fundies say, when they claim (usually citing a Bible verse) that the reason we don't worship their God is pride.

I say it is integrity. I too would happily burn rather than serve the monster the Christians describe. I wouldn't enjoy it, no, but I would never submit to any power that demands my servitude in exchange for not being burned. I would do the same if the Daesh fighters captured me and told me to submit to Allah or be burned alive, as many brave persons have already done.

When your God is no better than an ISIS militant, you've lost.

Your analogy fails because ISIS militant are not gods. With an ISIS militant your myrtydom has some chance to effect a change in the situation. This is not the case with the scenario the OP described.

You said it yourself. Your claim that you would defy a god is all about personal integrity. Well defending your personal integrity is a stupid reason to spend an eternity in torment. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe there really are a bunch of atheists out there who are so stupid that they would defend their personal integrity by submitting themselves to horrific eternal torment. I doubt it though.

I am a betting man, and I would instantly snap up the opportunity that any random atheist who claims they would tell God to "fuck off" caves if the situation actually presented itself. I think most of the people reading this thread agree with me here but are too afraid to admit it publically.

I looked things over and Phucrat didn't attempt to answer my question. Most Christians just demand answers to their questions without any give and take that it makes up a normal question. SO I will put my position clear to you before asking yours once more. I was 17 and sitting in Bible Doctrines class reading about the homicidal God who demanded that His favorite people go out and rampage and kill, even though a few weeks earlier we had heard it said that He said "Thou shalt not kill. And this crazy God also demanded that they kill the women and kids too, not just the combatants, except the young girls who were comely, they could take them. I wrote a paper then to the teacher of the class which got me kicked out of that crazy school saying that if god is as we were being taught He had no respect coming from me. None at all. So now finally my question in case it has been lost in all my verbiage, How can you justify having respect for a God like that to say nothing of drinking His Blood and eating His Body. Thanks for your participation in our discussion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
22-06-2016, 07:30 PM
(22-06-2016 05:53 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Hey Jawbone, I don't know where the Phuc rat went, but he asked the original question, and doesn't choose to answer that question when asked of him, unless I missed his post. But could you explain how it is you can have respect for a Supreme Being who before having His Son butchered was so proud of all the killing that he had his favorite people do? I came back to see if he had ever deigned to answer when I noticed you wearing his same color uniform. Thanks B A P

I imagine it is the same reason that RS used to justify choosing eternal damnation.

They believe they have a duty.
22-06-2016, 07:36 PM
(22-06-2016 06:13 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  SO I will put my position clear to you before asking yours once more.

I have no interest in religious apologetics.
22-06-2016, 08:07 PM
(22-06-2016 07:36 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 06:13 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  SO I will put my position clear to you before asking yours once more.

I have no interest in religious apologetics. Laughat

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinHobo

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
23-06-2016, 12:06 AM
(22-06-2016 08:48 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The atheist who chooses hell over servitude [...]

The fact that you don't consider servitude a form of Hell speaks volumes about your outlook.

Why should anyone take advice from someone so obviously inclined to being a slave?

If you like being a servant, use your knees, not your mouth.
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
23-06-2016, 12:19 AM
(23-06-2016 12:06 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  The fact that you don't consider servitude a form of Hell speaks volumes about your outlook.

Put him in the lead mines of ancient Rome and see how long he lasts.

What a pissant coward.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
23-06-2016, 12:41 AM
I'd call on the power of Santa Claus and kill God.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
23-06-2016, 01:31 AM
(23-06-2016 12:19 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 12:06 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  The fact that you don't consider servitude a form of Hell speaks volumes about your outlook.

Put him in the lead mines of ancient Rome and see how long he lasts.

What a pissant coward.

... or timbering out of Vorkuta, or sewing Nikes together 19 hours a day in Hanoi ...

Pretty sure ole Blowjob would have a hard time getting from his desk to his car without a rest-bench and a cold bottled water.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
23-06-2016, 01:55 AM
(23-06-2016 12:41 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'd call on the power of Santa Claus and kill God.

That'll be a Merry Christmas, indeed.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
23-06-2016, 04:33 AM
(22-06-2016 08:48 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  [...] Maybe some of you boasting are really morons and would do it...

And we thank you, again, for your well-mannered response. Are all theists as socially inept as you?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post