Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2016, 05:03 AM
RE: Christian with a question....
(22-06-2016 07:36 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I have no interest in religious apologetics.

And no knowledge of scripture.
And no concept of logic.
And apparently no understanding of how an open forum works.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
23-06-2016, 08:50 AM
(22-06-2016 10:43 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 08:53 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You need to re-read this thread. The choice for the atheist is damnation or a second chance when one can no longer be an atheist.

You, and the OP, need to reread the bible. There are no second chances for atheists.

That depends, are we using the Left Behind school of theology here? Tongue

(I realize that the scenario posed in the OP means you're right, not second chances at Judgment. Just saying if we go by Pop Christianity's view of the Darby postulated Rapture as being correct, then post-Rapture during the Tribulation, the atheists could come to believe and be martyred by the anti-Christ rather than take the Mark of the Beast...but taking one's theology from poorly written books* would be a rather poor move.)

*In before a smart alec says "You mean like the Bible".

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-06-2016, 10:19 AM
Yes, and if unicorns run fast enough, I can still get to Chicago by seven. Smile
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
23-06-2016, 04:41 PM
(23-06-2016 05:03 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 07:36 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I have no interest in religious apologetics.

And no knowledge of scripture.
And no concept of logic.
And apparently no understanding of how an open forum works.

I understand how this forum work. A troll like Morondog can follow someone around and post nothing but insults. The rules allow him to do that, but that doesn't mean I am required to welcome him into the conversation. For the record it seems that after I called him out for it, he has ceased with the poor form.
23-06-2016, 04:45 PM
(23-06-2016 12:06 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 08:48 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The atheist who chooses hell over servitude [...]

The fact that you don't consider servitude a form of Hell speaks volumes about your outlook.

Why should anyone take advice from someone so obviously inclined to being a slave?

If you like being a servant, use your knees, not your mouth.

Given a charitable interpretation of the OP, it is understood that a second chance around is physically less traumatic than an eternity in hell. So yes you can consider both options bad, but one is clearly worse than the other.
23-06-2016, 04:47 PM
(23-06-2016 01:31 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Pretty sure ole Blowjob would have a hard time getting from his desk to his car without a rest-bench and a cold bottled water.

Does working that cash register keep you it tip top shape?
23-06-2016, 04:50 PM
(23-06-2016 04:33 AM)SYZ Wrote:  And we thank you, again, for your well-mannered response. Are all theists as socially inept as you?

So what really offended you? The realization that some atheists are morons(or at least say moronic things) or the fact that it was a theist who pointed that out to you?
23-06-2016, 04:51 PM
(23-06-2016 04:47 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Does working that cash register keep you it tip top shape?

Hmmmm, not only does he avoid a valid argument, he attacks the working class and an individual.

Tell me, why is this fool as yet not banned?

Heywood. This is for you.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
23-06-2016, 04:56 PM
(23-06-2016 04:45 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 12:06 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  The fact that you don't consider servitude a form of Hell speaks volumes about your outlook.

Why should anyone take advice from someone so obviously inclined to being a slave?

If you like being a servant, use your knees, not your mouth.

Given a charitable interpretation of the OP, it is understood that a second chance around is physically less traumatic than an eternity in hell. So yes you can consider both options bad, but one is clearly worse than the other.

Just because in your estimation one option is worse doesn't make the being presenting the two options merciful or just. Considering he's in control of our souls and we only have the one choice he's proven himself to be a psychotic ego maniac who created us but also can't accept our flawed nature so feels the need to judge us? Once judged we can be spiritually leashed to him on bended knee or burn? I don't see how anyone wouldn't dismiss him entirely and I'd still rather embrace the "worse" option with my integrity in tact even if I burn for it.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
23-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Ha, Sita's current post count is 666. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.