Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2016, 07:28 PM
RE: Christian with a question....
(23-06-2016 07:23 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  That is understandable because you don't have to put up with their abuse.
Suck a dick, you don't have to "put up" with any abuse. No one invited you here, nor asked you back let alone forces you to be here. You are very much welcome to fuck right off and leave, or barring that stop saying such stupid shit if you don't want abuse.

Poor little persecuted you, boo-fuckin'-hoo.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
23-06-2016, 07:30 PM
(23-06-2016 07:23 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 07:10 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I disagree on your assessment of our fellow forum members....

That is understandable because you don't have to put up with their abuse.

(23-06-2016 07:10 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  but I do want to ask one question before taking your bait. If later on we are discussing something here, in the public forum, would it be alright with you to bring up your God's characteristics or do I also need to keep it secret? Just when you are making specific references to your God I would want it understood by everyone.

I don't have a problem with your request. This is more of an experiment for me to see how a one on one intimate conversation goes. I'm not trying to keep anything secret.

If you want to tell me you can PM me yourself and everyone else you think should know but it's not right to go to an atheist forum, talking about your God but only in little bits and pieces and then getting mad at us and outright insulting us when we get it wrong, well you never told us! How are we supposed to know?

I also don't think you would get "abuse" if you weren't so insulting to begin with. I think we're all open minded and nice enough to accept whatever you have to offer, as long as you are respectful in return.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
23-06-2016, 07:35 PM
Hmm. Yeah heywood, you're just as much of a trolling asshole as anyone else here and you know it. At least own up to it.

If you can't explain your god effectively in the midst of us heathens, it obviously is a shit version of god just like the rest of them

Good to see ya, by the way. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
23-06-2016, 07:38 PM
(23-06-2016 07:30 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 07:23 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  That is understandable because you don't have to put up with their abuse.

I don't have a problem with your request. This is more of an experiment for me to see how a one on one intimate conversation goes. I'm not trying to keep anything secret.

If you want to tell me you can PM me yourself and everyone else you think should know but it's not right to go to an atheist forum, talking about your God but only in little bits and pieces and then getting mad at us and outright insulting us when we get it wrong, well you never told us! How are we supposed to know?

I also don't think you would get "abuse" if you weren't so insulting to begin with. I think we're all open minded and nice enough to accept whatever you have to offer, as long as you are respectful in return.

You are biased which bleeds into your perception. I am too. We all are. But to claim that none of your brethren are assholes is ludicrous. The population of atheists in this forum is sufficiently large that it would surely include some assholes. To deny this is to be looking at reality through rose colored glassed.
23-06-2016, 07:43 PM
(23-06-2016 07:28 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
Suck a dick, you don't have to "put up" with any abuse. No one invited you here, nor asked you back let alone forces you to be here. You are very much welcome to fuck right off and leave, or barring that stop saying such stupid shit if you don't want abuse.

Poor little persecuted you, boo-fuckin'-hoo.

Your right when you say I don't have to put up with the abuse. However you are wrong when you say I have a persecution complex. I expect to be persecuted here. But just because there is an expectation doesn't mean there is justification. Clowns like you are the real problem because you think I shouldn't call you out when you behave badly just because you are an atheist and this is an atheist forum.
23-06-2016, 07:44 PM
(23-06-2016 07:38 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 07:30 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  If you want to tell me you can PM me yourself and everyone else you think should know but it's not right to go to an atheist forum, talking about your God but only in little bits and pieces and then getting mad at us and outright insulting us when we get it wrong, well you never told us! How are we supposed to know?

You are biased which bleeds into your perception. I am too. We all are. But to claim that none of your brethren are assholes is ludicrous. The population of atheists in this forum is sufficiently large that it would surely include some assholes. To deny this is to be looking at reality through rose colored glassed.

They haven't been assholes to me, even when we've disagreed it was done in a respectful manner. Yes I've seen them attack other posters who are usually theists just asking for it but I've done the same, I try to be respectful but it get's tough.

We had a poster on here called herself Alla and then there was Q and I used to get very frustrated with them and I'm sure I said a few mean things here and there to both of them but I was still open to their God definitions. It just got annoying sometimes.

I just want to give you some advice here, if you want us to respect you and respect your theistic beliefs you gotta respect us enough to tell us all about it, or else we're just confused and it's easy to attack us when we don't know what the fuck you're talking about. People don't like to be confused, so it's your move.

[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
23-06-2016, 08:01 PM
(23-06-2016 07:44 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  They haven't been assholes to me, even when we've disagreed it was done in a respectful manner. Yes I've seen them attack other posters who are usually theists just asking for it but I've done the same, I try to be respectful but it get's tough.

We had a poster on here called herself Alla and then there was Q and I used to get very frustrated with them and I'm sure I said a few mean things here and there to both of them but I was still open to their God definitions. It just got annoying sometimes.

I just want to give you some advice here, if you want us to respect you and respect your theistic beliefs you gotta respect us enough to tell us all about it, or else we're just confused and it's easy to attack us when we don't know what the fuck you're talking about. People don't like to be confused, so it's your move.

They are not going to be an asshole to you because you don't try to challenge their world view. I am not interested in converting you to my world view. I am more interested in attacking your world view and seeing how you defend it.
23-06-2016, 08:02 PM
(23-06-2016 07:23 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 07:10 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I disagree on your assessment of our fellow forum members....

That is understandable because you don't have to put up with their abuse.

(23-06-2016 07:10 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  but I do want to ask one question before taking your bait. If later on we are discussing something here, in the public forum, would it be alright with you to bring up your God's characteristics or do I also need to keep it secret? Just when you are making specific references to your God I would want it understood by everyone.

The proper venue for one on one is The Boxing Ring. Your PM request is chickenshit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-06-2016, 08:09 PM
(23-06-2016 08:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  

The proper venue for one on one is The Boxing Ring. Your PM request is chickenshit.

Why is it that all conversations have to be public? The proper venue is the one the two people having the conversation decide is the proper venue. You are just another atheist who believes they know better than anyone else. This is one reason why I lump you in with the set of asshole.
23-06-2016, 08:13 PM
(23-06-2016 08:01 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 07:44 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  They haven't been assholes to me, even when we've disagreed it was done in a respectful manner. Yes I've seen them attack other posters who are usually theists just asking for it but I've done the same, I try to be respectful but it get's tough.

They are not going to be an asshole to you because you don't try to challenge their world view. I am not interested in converting you to my world view. I am more interested in attacking your world view and seeing how you defend it.

I would respect you more if you wanted to "challenge" my world view instead of "attacking" it, I don't go around to Christian forums attacking theists, I've only ever tried to defend atheism and that's when I get into debates but I do try to be respectful, I don't see how attacking people who never did anything to you would be so interesting. I mean we live in a world of mostly theists, why attack us?

It's not going to convince us so you're just attacking for the sake of attacking. I can't see how any God of logic and reason would appreciate that.