Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2016, 08:20 PM
RE: Christian with a question....
(23-06-2016 08:09 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 08:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  The proper venue for one on one is The Boxing Ring. Your PM request is chickenshit.

Why is it that all conversations have to be public? The proper venue is the one the two people having the conversation decide is the proper venue. You are just another atheist who believes they know better than anyone else. This is one reason why I lump you in with the set of asshole.

I think you're being hypocritical here, you just admitted to visiting this forum to attack us to see how well we can defend our beliefs and then get all hurt when we defend ourselves and attack you back?

I have no problems whatsoever with a public debate if you want one, if you don't that's fine but the main issue is you insulted me when I had the audacity to assume you believed in the Christian God when I clearly asked if that was the case. It wasn't, fine, my bad but you better not go around acting like we are so stupid for assuming things, you can clear that up right now.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like SitaSky's post
23-06-2016, 08:24 PM
(23-06-2016 08:09 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 08:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  The proper venue for one on one is The Boxing Ring. Your PM request is chickenshit.

Why is it that all conversations have to be public? The proper venue is the one the two people having the conversation decide is the proper venue. You are just another atheist who believes they know better than anyone else. This is one reason why I lump you in with the set of asshole.

What's the matter? Afraid of embarrassing yourself in front of everyone? If you're so confident in your beliefs, you have the ability to school an Atheist in public for everyone to see.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
23-06-2016, 08:46 PM
(23-06-2016 08:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 08:09 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Why is it that all conversations have to be public? The proper venue is the one the two people having the conversation decide is the proper venue. You are just another atheist who believes they know better than anyone else. This is one reason why I lump you in with the set of asshole.

What's the matter? Afraid of embarrassing yourself in front of everyone? If you're so confident in your beliefs, you have the ability to school an Atheist in public for everyone to see.

No dummy, If you read the thread you will see I am iterating to see how a one on one conversation works out.

You obviously haven't iterated before.
23-06-2016, 08:47 PM
(23-06-2016 08:46 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  No dummy, If you read the thread you will see I am iterating to see how a one on one conversation works out.

If you want a one on one conversation, then by all means private message someone. Otherwise, you are posting on a public forum open to everyone's responses.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
23-06-2016, 08:53 PM
(23-06-2016 08:20 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I think you're being hypocritical here, you just admitted to visiting this forum to attack us to see how well we can defend our beliefs and then get all hurt when we defend ourselves and attack you back?

I have no problems whatsoever with a public debate if you want one, if you don't that's fine but the main issue is you insulted me when I had the audacity to assume you believed in the Christian God when I clearly asked if that was the case. It wasn't, fine, my bad but you better not go around acting like we are so stupid for assuming things, you can clear that up right now.

I have no problem whatsoever if you defend your arguments. My problem is this that many atheist here won't defend their arguments. Instead they will just spew insults. Then when you comment back on their character they get all butt hurt about it....then their friends join in to defend them. Its tribal....and I am an outsider....I accept that. But among people who purport to think rationally and logically, and I shouldn't be chastised for calling out their hypocrisy. I should be thanked(wishful thinking I know)

What specific insult that I directed to you are you referring too? I am happy to address it.
23-06-2016, 09:03 PM
(23-06-2016 08:47 PM)Foxen Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 08:46 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  No dummy, If you read the thread you will see I am iterating to see how a one on one conversation works out.

If you want a one on one conversation, then by all means private message someone. Otherwise, you are posting on a public forum open to everyone's responses.

Someone solicited a comment from me. I told them I would be happy to respond via PM. What is wrong with that?
23-06-2016, 09:08 PM
(23-06-2016 07:38 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The population of atheists in this forum is sufficiently large that it would surely include some assholes. To deny this is to be looking at reality through rose colored glassed.

True. But most of the assholes here are theists. .... Like you.

#sigh
23-06-2016, 09:11 PM
(23-06-2016 09:03 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 08:47 PM)Foxen Wrote:  If you want a one on one conversation, then by all means private message someone. Otherwise, you are posting on a public forum open to everyone's responses.

Someone solicited a comment from me. I told them I would be happy to respond via PM. What is wrong with that?

You come to a public atheist forum to have private conversations about your religious views? Seriously? Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
23-06-2016, 09:16 PM
(23-06-2016 09:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 09:03 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Someone solicited a comment from me. I told them I would be happy to respond via PM. What is wrong with that?

You come to a public atheist forum to have private conversations about your religious views? Seriously? Facepalm

Again, I am responding to a solicitation. Are you ignoring that fact because you are dense or because you have no other ground to stand on?
23-06-2016, 09:26 PM
(23-06-2016 09:16 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 09:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  You come to a public atheist forum to have private conversations about your religious views? Seriously? Facepalm

Again, I am responding to a solicitation. Are you ignoring that fact because you are dense or because you have no other ground to stand on?

You were asked your views. You said you'd do it in a PM. No one solicited a private conversation.

You really have a tenuous connection with reality.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post