Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2016, 11:56 PM
RE: Christian with a question....
(23-06-2016 11:53 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Yes....you could say that I'm not fond of atheists. I get the anti-religion stance....hence you will very seldom ever see me defend strictly religious positions. I don't get the anti-existence of God stance.

So you are not religious?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2016, 12:03 AM
Wow, Rimjob... I go away for a while, and come back to this!?

You think you really have the world all figured out, don't you? You're just cruising along in your bubble of self-delusion, pretending that you're special and we're all a herd you can look down upon. The problem is that all of your claims are demonstrably false:

You think we're against you because you're a theist, even though we have numerous beloved and high-repped theists.

You think we have a "herd mentality", even though we explain to everyone who comes here that the only thing atheists have in common is disbelief in religion, and even though anyone can see places where we argue with one another over almost every topic imaginable.

You think you're "challenging" us, even though it is child's play to dismantle every argument I've ever seen you make.

I consider you the challenge level of a videogame tutorial mission. All you are is a recurring sore, like the TTA forum got a fever blister, and you keep coming back as if we'd forgotten what a dishonest and irritating person you were, last time.

Finally, I just want to smack the shit out of you (you are indeed fortunate that this is the internet) for saying people would automatically be as spineless as you are, and would avoid pain over principle, calling them "idiots" for standing up for what they believe. It is an insult to every Prisoner of War who resists tyranny despite torture, like Medal of Honor recipient Lance Peter Sijan, who graduated from the Academy to which I also won appointment, and after whom our dormitory was named:

During his violent ejection and very rough parachute landing on the karst ridge, Sijan had suffered a fractured skull, a mangled right hand, and a compound fracture of the left leg. He was without food, with very little water, and no survival kit; nevertheless, he evaded enemy forces for 46 days. During this entire evasion and escape period, Sijan was only able to move by sliding on his buttocks and back, along the rocky limestone karst ridge, and later along the jungle floor. After managing to move an astonishing several thousand feet, Sijan crawled onto a truck road along the Ho Chi Minh Trail, where he was finally captured by the North Vietnamese on Christmas Day, 1967. Terrifically emaciated and in poor health, Sijan was placed in custody in an NVA camp. Soon thereafter, he managed to incapacitate a guard and escape into the jungle, but was recaptured several hours later.

Sijan was transported to a holding compound in Vinh, North Vietnam, where he was placed in the care of two other recently captured POWs, Air Force Major Robert R. Craner (later COL) and Air Force Captain Guy Gruters. Although in terrific pain from his severe wounds, and in suffering brutal beatings and torture from his captors, Sijan displayed superhuman defiance, and did not disclose any information other than what the Geneva Convention guidelines allowed (name, DOB, service, rank, and service number). Suffering terribly from exhaustion, malnutrition, and disease, he was soon transported to Hanoi, under the attentive care of both Craner and Gruters. However, in his weakened state, he contracted pneumonia and died in Hoa Lo Prison (the notorious Hanoi Hilton) on January 22, 1968.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Sijan

Your education is poor, your respect for human beings is almost nonexistent, and you have made it clear that you consider anyone who is not as spineless as you to be stupid. And yet you have the astounding audacity to suggest that you are shaking things up around here, rather than just pissing us off.

You are unworthy of respect in any fashion I can determine, and I like nearly everyone. You are like a thorn stuck in my sock which, when I get irritated enough to stop and deal with the place it is poking me, declares victory as it is being flicked away through the air.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 8 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
24-06-2016, 12:07 AM
(23-06-2016 11:10 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  So few of you dare to be different. I come here specifically to be different. I'm not interested in whether you are "saved" or not. I am interested in dissent not acceptance. This is like a perfect place to be a dissenter...a rabble rouser....yet you all act like a herd.

So, you finally admit to trolling.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
24-06-2016, 12:17 AM
(23-06-2016 11:55 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  He thinks atheism is a belief system and he's opposed to it. Hes an idiot with no grasp of the basics to put it mildly.

He thinks he will survive his own death for eternity. He is a naive child.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-06-2016, 12:20 AM
(24-06-2016 12:17 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He thinks he will survive his own death for eternity. He is a naive child.

That makes sense. It's not naivety, though. It is more akin to a growing experience.

One does not automatically become an adult at eighteen.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
24-06-2016, 12:22 AM
[Image: 466bf2613f385d21e9ab007ddb40d583fe9a1603...38a7d6.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
24-06-2016, 12:37 AM
The ode of the dare to be different, the act itself speaks of the ignorance of it as it's not any call to be anything different if its the goal. it basically works in on itself as a concept.

like the total nihilist calling onesself a total nihilist... what value does the term have then. It's all just a fallacious front of ironic results.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
24-06-2016, 12:45 AM
Yet labels are just that; labels.
24-06-2016, 12:53 AM
(24-06-2016 12:03 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Your education is poor, your respect for human beings is almost nonexistent, and you have made it clear that you consider anyone who is not as spineless as you to be stupid. And yet you have the astounding audacity to suggest that you are shaking things up around here, rather than just pissing us off.

He's the most persistent of the underachieving lunatic fringe of the forum.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-06-2016, 12:56 AM
(24-06-2016 12:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  He's the most persistent of the underachieving lunatic fringe of the forum.

At least I have something for which to strive.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post