Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2016, 07:40 PM
RE: Christian with a question....
I can't believe the answers I'm seeing on this shit.

OK it's not real so you can say whatever

But if it were real and you were faced with this

It could be like I want you to spend the next billion years sucking Hitler's dick then another 5 billion licking out his ass crack and everyone on here would be like "Yes Sir!!!"

And damn would your jaw be tired.

Eternity in a fire pit, people. Eternity. Fire.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
13-06-2016, 07:46 PM
(13-06-2016 07:40 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I can't believe the answers I'm seeing on this shit.

It could be like I want you to spend the next billion years sucking Hitler's dick then another 5 billion licking out his ass crack and everyone on here would be like "Yes Sir!!!"

Is there a follow up question to this?
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
13-06-2016, 07:51 PM
(13-06-2016 07:46 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 07:40 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I can't believe the answers I'm seeing on this shit.

Is there a follow up question to this?

Yeah. I got one. ... Just suck on my balls.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-06-2016, 07:53 PM
(13-06-2016 12:29 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  So I guess I'm in hot water right off the bat, but here it goes anyway: Could you assume, just for the sake of this question, that there is a god? And you're standing before him on judgement day. God says: "You can go back to earth and live a natural born God-fearing life or be sent directly to hell, which would you choose? Please don't play the "that's never going to happen because there is no god" card just for the sake of this discussion.

Thanks for answering, I'd think this would be a really tough decision.

Phu Cat
To be perfectly honest if he presented me with these options I'd ignore him entirely, walk around heaven removing all the warning labels he has put on everything causing him to, eventually, bumblefuck himself to death as I would expect from someone who was idiotic enough to come up with such a fucking stupid system in the first place.
Drinking Beverage

But....to be fair that was not one of the options so I'll answer your question a little closer to your intent which is actually a hard question to be honest. Now on the one hand I could say yes return to earth and live a god fearing life....as a servant of Odin. Then when I die again I can mock him for my use of loopholes and how he is, once again, bloody stupid and outsmarted. I did what he asked, he has to let me in now, where i will spread the One True Gospel of the All Father: Odin. Which will take off fantastically because lets be honest, Christianity is boring as fuck and has a frankly disturbing lack of both Vikings and Dragons. Then eventual have God burned as the, clearly, heretical non-Odin worshiping piece of shit that he is. Bloody heretics.

On the other hand I could say no, go directly to hell rally the rest of the people who don't bow to the cruel and capricious tyrannical dictator who thinks ETERNAL TORTURE for the crime of thinking in a way he does not like is a just system, march on heaven clap that evil motherfucker in irons and cast the weak simpering bootlickers (that would be Christians) out of paradise for their support of a brutal tyrannical dictator and establish a system that is actually just and caring.

Oh man. So many options.Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
13-06-2016, 07:58 PM
That's a ridiculous and unfair question. Atheism banks on the belief that there is not and cannot be a God. If that is proved to be empirically false, then the question is moot. Of course people would choose to live life again and then go to heaven as opposed to suffering for all eternity in hell.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
13-06-2016, 08:00 PM
(13-06-2016 07:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 07:46 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Is there a follow up question to this?

Yeah. I got one. ... Just suck on my balls.

That's not a question. What are you tryin' to pull? I do enjoy me some chocolate salty balls though.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
13-06-2016, 08:03 PM
(13-06-2016 12:29 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  So I guess I'm in hot water right off the bat, but here it goes anyway: Could you assume, just for the sake of this question, that there is a god? And you're standing before him on judgement day. God says: "You can go back to earth and live a natural born God-fearing life or be sent directly to hell, which would you choose? Please don't play the "that's never going to happen because there is no god" card just for the sake of this discussion.

Counter question: If a human being acted in the way that God does in the Bible (Mass genocide, mass infanticide, torture, persecution for thought crime, demands for human sacrifice, the allowing of mass rape and slavery, the instigation of multiple aggressive and expansionist wars, the mass execution of dissidents, the specific and intentional targeting of civilian populations of no military value, so forth and so on) that human being would be declared a monster. Rightfully so I might add as, you may recognize, that almost all of the above actions are WAR CRIMES.
So the question is why do you, as a Christian, hold a god (who according to your scripture is the creator and basis for all morality) to a LOWER standard of morality than a fallible human being?

If ever there is a Judgement Day that is just and lawful it will be US judging HIM.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 8 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
13-06-2016, 08:08 PM
(13-06-2016 08:03 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 12:29 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  [size=medium]So I guess I'm in hot water right off the bat, but here it goes anyway: Could you assume, just for the sake of this question, that there is a god? And you're standing before him on judgement day. God says: "You can go back to earth and live a natural born God-fearing life or be sent directly to hell, which would you choose? Please don't play the "that's never going to happen because there is no god" card just for the sake of this discussion.

Counter question: If a human being acted in the way that God does in the Bible (Mass genocide, mass infanticide, torture, persecution for thought crime, demands for human sacrifice, the allowing of mass rape and slavery, the instigation of multiple aggressive and expansionist wars, the mass execution of dissidents, the specific and intentional targeting of civilian populations of no military value, so forth and so on) that human being would be declared a monster. Rightfully so I might add as, you may recognize, that almost all of the above actions are WAR CRIMES.
So the question is why do you, as a Christian, hold a god (who according to your scripture is the creator and basis for all morality) to a LOWER standard of morality than a fallible human being?

If ever there is a Judgement Day that is just and lawful it will be US judging HIM.

I feel your question, but in terms of rationality, there is no real choice here. It doesn't matter how evil the being may be in this hypothesis. He has the ability to damn you to eternal torture or not. No amount of personal higher morality trumps that.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
13-06-2016, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2016 08:29 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)

Phu Cat

Why don't you answer that yourself? Would you live a god-fearing life, tormenting gays, forcing women to bear the children of their rapists, keeping your mouth shut as an adulterer is stoned to death as your bible stipulates?

Me, it's an easy answer. I think your god is unworthy of praise or worship. Now, if your little book is right and he is perfectly merciful and just, I'm willing to trust reason to turn his opinion. But if he's that Old Testament twat, and you want to kneel to such a monster, have at it -- kindly keep it to yourself.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
13-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Non-believers are ethically obligated to live their best lives.
Getting a sucker at the end, (as theists seem to need) is a less noble concept than an ethical life for it's own sake.

Grow up.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post