Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2016, 07:44 PM
RE: Christian with a question....
(25-06-2016 07:24 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm not that big...

[Image: dirty-mind_o_641443.gif]

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2016, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2016 08:46 PM by Born Again Pagan.)
(25-06-2016 06:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 10:43 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You, and the OP, need to reread the bible. There are no second chances for atheists.
I've been reading. I've seen some interesting points, and must comment on one.

Not all sins are deadly sins. Atheists aren't sinners by default. The only unforgiven sin is that of unbelief(let me clarify)

Unbelievers from ignorance is not sin.

Unbelief after acquiring knowledge which is contrary to said unbelief is sin. For one to have knowledge of GOD and turn from it, turning others from it in the process is sin.

Atheists seem to romanticize their damnation which isn't even real. The vast majority of them also take scripture literally in an effort to verify its lack of credibility. It isn't meant literally.

That's it, carry on.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

If it isn't meant literally who has a license to interpret it? If God is the purveyor of truth and one cannot believe what He says because it isn't meant to be taken literally, meaning it is not the truth then what the fuck good is it? Every Tom whose Dick is Hairy can make up what God meant and get it as right as the next one. So who decides which clown wins the competition?
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
25-06-2016, 10:44 PM
(25-06-2016 06:29 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  GOD doesn't abuse people, or instruct them to abuse.

...Really? Have you READ the Bible?

If I reduced my wife to a pillar of salt, would that be considered abuse?

If I manipulated someone into trying to MURDER their own CHILD, would that be instructing them to abuse?

If I drowned a person... no wait, if I drowned a whole army... no, no, if I drowned the ENTIRE POPULATION of Earth, would that be abusive?

How about if I get hundreds of generations of people to mutilate their genitals... are we approaching abuse yet?

What if I murdered the firstborn kid of every family in an entire country?

Maybe if I did some manipulative back-room deals in order to get my own son nailed to a tree... would that be abuse? Or instruction to abuse?

I think you don't really get what God is. It's the biggest, baddest bully on the block. It is the craziest psychopath in the room. It is Charles Manson, Darth Vader, Voldemort, and Genghis Khan all rolled into one. I could go on and on... forced pregnancy, burning children to death, siccing venomous snakes on people, more infanticides and genocides than I can count...

God doesn't abuse people? Are you ENTIRELY ignorant of your own religion?
[+] 2 users Like I Am's post
25-06-2016, 11:10 PM
(25-06-2016 06:29 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  GOD doesn't abuse people, or instruct them to abuse.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
25-06-2016, 11:23 PM
(25-06-2016 10:44 PM)I Am Wrote:  

...Really? Have you READ the Bible?

If I reduced my wife to a pillar of salt, would that be considered abuse?

If I manipulated someone into trying to MURDER their own CHILD, would that be instructing them to abuse?

If I drowned a person... no wait, if I drowned a whole army... no, no, if I drowned the ENTIRE POPULATION of Earth, would that be abusive?

How about if I get hundreds of generations of people to mutilate their genitals... are we approaching abuse yet?

What if I murdered the firstborn kid of every family in an entire country?

Maybe if I did some manipulative back-room deals in order to get my own son nailed to a tree... would that be abuse? Or instruction to abuse?

I think you don't really get what God is. It's the biggest, baddest bully on the block. It is the craziest psychopath in the room. It is Charles Manson, Darth Vader, Voldemort, and Genghis Khan all rolled into one. I could go on and on... forced pregnancy, burning children to death, siccing venomous snakes on people, more infanticides and genocides than I can count...

God doesn't abuse people? Are you ENTIRELY ignorant of your own religion?
Not at all sir or ma'am. I am fully aware of faith. I'm also fully aware of the fact that everything you referenced was out of the old testament, and that it was expressly spoken against by Jesus the Christ as being manipulated and or misinterpreted. Not saying that the OT isn't divinely inspired, but that the law was written and interpreted in in a wholly literal fashion, and this is wrong. Even the commands given to Moses where destroyed. The law stands and always will, but it isn't a written law.

I know very well what the attributes of GOD are as they pertain to man. I know the direction of man by the Will of GOD. I know of my faith and the fact that it is the same faith that is spoken of in all religious texts.

Anyway, you might want to research more than one core text or belief system instead of judging GOD based on the one text that happens to work for towards your own malicious motives.

Short answer; there is one Faith in One Creator GOD, and though I'm still learning, I am quite aware of it.

And yes I have read and do read the Torah and or Old Testament.

Peace

25-06-2016, 11:25 PM
(25-06-2016 07:26 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 07:24 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Pretty comfortable looking bridge. I'm not that big or green though.

How do you know he's big? Maybe it's actually a tiny foot bridge. Think, man!
The proportion in comparison to the grass insinuates a large uhm...troll.

25-06-2016, 11:38 PM
(25-06-2016 07:44 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 07:24 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm not that big...

[Image: dirty-mind_o_641443.gif]
I'm pretty sure there is a picture of me on this forum somewhere. I don't look like that, not even when clean shaven.

25-06-2016, 11:44 PM
(25-06-2016 08:16 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 06:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I've been reading. I've seen some interesting points, and must comment on one.

Not all sins are deadly sins. Atheists aren't sinners by default. The only unforgiven sin is that of unbelief(let me clarify)

Unbelievers from ignorance is not sin.

Unbelief after acquiring knowledge which is contrary to said unbelief is sin. For one to have knowledge of GOD and turn from it, turning others from it in the process is sin.

Atheists seem to romanticize their damnation which isn't even real. The vast majority of them also take scripture literally in an effort to verify its lack of credibility. It isn't meant literally.

That's it, carry on.

If it isn't meant literally who has a license to interpret it? If God is the purveyor of truth and one cannot believe what He says because it isn't meant to be taken literally, meaning it is not the truth then what the fuck good is it? Every Tom whose Dick is Hairy can make up what God meant and get it as right as the next one. So who decides which clown wins the competition?
Not literal doesn't mean false. Sorry, it just doesn't.

You should read it for yourself without bias, as hard as that may be for some.

I didn't have any previous experience with organized religion so I guess that had/ has an effect on my perception.

It's easy to see the meaning of the texts when compared to others. If you aren't expecting anything in particular and aren't predisposed to assume a literal meaning in everything then it helps.

I personally wouldn't trust too many people to interpret any writings of the faithful for me.

Peace

26-06-2016, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2016 12:08 AM by I Am.)
(25-06-2016 11:23 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not at all sir or ma'am. I am fully aware of faith. I'm also fully aware of the fact that everything you referenced was out of the old testament,

You should have actually read my whole post before replying. Nailing God's son to a tree is pretty firmly in the realm of the New Testament, and Jesus' mama was the victim of that forced pregnancy. God is a vile and violent character in all the sequels too.

Quote:and that it was expressly spoken against by Jesus the Christ as being manipulated and or misinterpreted. Not saying that the OT isn't divinely inspired, but that the law was written and interpreted in in a wholly literal fashion, and this is wrong.

Do you know what a "jot" and a "tittle" are? They are small writing marks, like dots for an"i" or a cross for a "t." When Jesus said that not one of those would pass from the law, that seems like a strong endorsement for literal, textual interpretation.

Of course, you like all god-botherers will make your God and your God's law in your own image, so feel free to take or leave the OT as you wish - just don't then pretend that you're following Jesus' words.

Quote: Even the commands given to Moses where destroyed. The law stands and always will, but it isn't a written law.

Exactly my point. You say it's not written, so you get to make it up as you go along, borrowing from here or there as you see fit. You know, like all fiction writers do.

Quote:Anyway, you might want to research more than one core text or belief system instead of judging GOD based on the one text that happens to work for towards your own malicious motives.

Short answer; there is one Faith in One Creator GOD, and though I'm still learning, I am quite aware of it.

You accuse me of malice? Your God at this very moment is omnipotently allowing the starvation of children, standing by omnipresently watching people get abused all manner of ways, condemning the deceased to hell, and I'm the malicious one.

Keep learning, Pops. You've got a long way to go.
[+] 3 users Like I Am's post
26-06-2016, 12:03 AM
I am sorry Born Again Pagan, but you are incorrect in regards to the post above where Pop's quotes you. The problem is a lack of knowledge of scripture.

Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post