Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2016, 01:27 AM
RE: Christian with a question....
(25-06-2016 11:23 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm also fully aware of the fact that everything you referenced was out of the old testament, and that it was expressly spoken against by Jesus the Christ as being manipulated and or misinterpreted.

Quote:For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:18-19

Quote:It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.
Luke 16:17

Quote:Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.
Matthew 5:17

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
26-06-2016, 01:35 AM
(26-06-2016 12:25 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Truthfulness and Validity are not the same thing. Your error is that you are conflating them.

Do you actually read the shit you post?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
26-06-2016, 01:46 AM
I Am,

I read your intire post. The messiah was crusified/ sacrificed himself so all could learn by his teachings and example.

Mary didn't seem to mind. She was an avid follower of the Will of GOD.

Really, of your having that much trouble with bias; try reading some Bahia writings, or the baghavad gita, maybe some stuff from Zorothustra, or Taoism. They all allude to the same thing.

The Christ repeatedly stated that the law is in the heart or conscience.
I don't pretend anything, and I already said that the Old Testament was divinely inspired, so don't act like I said to throw it in the fire. It has obvious misdirection in parts, but even these parts are profitable for understanding.

Again, I don't make stuff up, and don't pick and choose. What I hold as true is written in all texts of the faithful I have read. You act as if, in the OT, GOD doesn't condemn the false Jew. You act as if the Christ more any apostles faught with the Pharisees. I didn't say the way wasn't written. I said the law wasn't. It must resonate within you on an innermost level once self honesty is reached. One must identify the flaws in themself in order to even consider the actions of others rightly.

Attempting to be in accordance with all core scriptures but one that is known to be flawed isn't exactly picking and choosing.

Men are condemned by there actions. Atrocities and horrors are by the hands of men, due mainly to greed. Things happen for a reason, namely, so we can learn from them, and change.

Again literal interpretation(in this case; hell) isn't really accurate. He'll can be seen in many fashions. One of which is here on earth. Another is nonexistent, as all that isn't of GOD in the end of time, will cease to be. All that is of GOD (everything (but those who freely choose otherwise, intentionally)) will return to GOD which is purity, life, light.

I will admit that I don't agree with a reward/ punishment system, and my ideas of heaven and hell though eternal in a sense, are not places that we bodily reside in, or even, necessarily, consciously.

Your motives are malicious towards something you aren't even supposed to believe in. Explain that without referring to the erroneous actions of man.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
26-06-2016, 01:49 AM
(26-06-2016 12:03 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I am sorry Born Again Pagan, but you are incorrect in regards to the post above where Pop's quotes you. The problem is a lack of knowledge of scripture.

Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
Who's adding or taking from it?

26-06-2016, 01:55 AM
(26-06-2016 01:35 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Do you actually read the shit you post?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Logical_validity

Quote:Logical validity can at least roughly be defined as the property an argument (a set of sentences among which one is designated as the conclusion and the others as premises) has if it satisfies the following condition: if the sentences are true, then the conclusion has to be true as well. In other words, an argument is logically valid if it is in principle impossible for the premises to be true and the conclusion false at the same time........Validity has absolutely nothing to do with the truth or falsity of the premises or the conclusion, apart from the fact that a valid argument with true premises cannot have a false conclusion .
- bolded by me for emphasis.

Hope that helps you understand the difference.
26-06-2016, 01:59 AM
Banjo,

My original post here was over a year ago if I'm not mistaken. And If I ever said I hadn't read the ot, then it was in reference to a time before I had faith. I read the ot nearly in its entirety probably about four years ago, if I had to guess. I stated that I hadn't read the new testament, and you know it, or at least should. You are being exceedingly dishonest.

Show me where what I say doesn't agree with scripture! Show me one case. Not agreeing with the doctrine of another isn't the same as not agreeing with scripture.

You blatantly lie, and you're aware of it.

26-06-2016, 01:59 AM
(26-06-2016 01:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 12:03 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I am sorry Born Again Pagan, but you are incorrect in regards to the post above where Pop's quotes you. The problem is a lack of knowledge of scripture.

Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
Who's adding or taking from it?

I strictly addressed BAP. Are you this illiterate?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
26-06-2016, 02:09 AM
(26-06-2016 01:59 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Banjo,

My original post here was over a year ago if I'm not mistaken. And If I ever said I hadn't read the ot, then it was in reference to a time before I had faith. I read the ot nearly in its entirety probably about four years ago, if I had to guess. I stated that I hadn't read the new testament, and you know it, or at least should. You are being exceedingly dishonest.

Show me where what I say doesn't agree with scripture! Show me one case. Not agreeing with the doctrine of another isn't the same as not agreeing with scripture.

You blatantly lie, and you're aware of it.

Sadly I am unable to remember where that post is. However I am aware of time because my life is made up of either being here, or at medical appointments. It was not a year ago at all. A few weeks, perhaps a month.

More damningly is your total lack of knowledge of what the bible says. This comes across in every post you make. You cannot deny this because I and others are able to refute you at every turn.

As I showed BAP earlier, by quoting actual scripture from my prefered version, the KJV1611.

As I said, one who is inexpert cannot fool experts. I have seen it many times in the music business as well. Someone talks big, then they play and the truth comes out.

You represent this type of individual.

Take your post above. There is no scripture or evidence of the period. You are pleading for me to believe you. Being that I know the extent of your ignorance of this subject matter, I continue to disbelieve you.

You need to prove you can play. Until then, you've got nothing.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
26-06-2016, 04:30 AM
(26-06-2016 01:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  the Old Testament ... has obvious misdirection in parts, but even these parts are profitable for understanding.

Quote:Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven
Matthew 5:18-19

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
26-06-2016, 05:52 AM
(26-06-2016 01:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I Am,

I read your intire post. The messiah was crusified/ sacrificed himself so all could learn by his teachings and example.

If the creator of the universe couldn't come up with a better way to provide an example then he's incompetent.

Quote:Mary didn't seem to mind. She was an avid follower of the Will of GOD.

Please substantiate that claim.

Quote:Really, of your having that much trouble with bias; try reading some Bahia writings, or the baghavad gita, maybe some stuff from Zorothustra, or Taoism. They all allude to the same thing.

They do when you go in knowing what you want to find and ignore anything that doesn't fit.

Quote:The Christ repeatedly stated that the law is in the heart or conscience.
I don't pretend anything, and I already said that the Old Testament was divinely inspired, so don't act like I said to throw it in the fire. It has obvious misdirection in parts, but even these parts are profitable for understanding.

The idea that a book hat was divinely inspired would have obvious misdirection is a typical theistic dodge to get around the fact that it's a cobbled-together set of pre-scientific myths.

Quote:Again, I don't make stuff up, and don't pick and choose.

You do nothing BUT pick and choose. You've been parading your delusions here for months and it only becomes clearer that you need serious help.

Quote:What I hold as true is written in all texts of the faithful I have read.

That's what happens when you cherry-pick.

Quote:You act as if, in the OT, GOD doesn't condemn the false Jew. You act as if the Christ more any apostles faught with the Pharisees. I didn't say the way wasn't written. I said the law wasn't. It must resonate within you on an innermost level once self honesty is reached. One must identify the flaws in themself in order to even consider the actions of others rightly.

Attempting to be in accordance with all core scriptures but one that is known to be flawed isn't exactly picking and choosing.[quote]

Deciding what is "core" and what you can ignore is where you pick and choose.

[quote]Men are condemned by there actions. Atrocities and horrors are by the hands of men, due mainly to greed. Things happen for a reason, namely, so we can learn from them, and change.

People are also condemned for their thoughts and for the actions of others. That's immoral. Your fixation on greed as being universally bad is another sign of your limited ability to think.

Quote:Again literal interpretation(in this case; hell) isn't really accurate. He'll can be seen in many fashions. One of which is here on earth. Another is nonexistent, as all that isn't of GOD in the end of time, will cease to be. All that is of GOD (everything (but those who freely choose otherwise, intentionally)) will return to GOD which is purity, life, light.

All of that is ramblings from a disturbed mind. Evidence, pops, evidence.

Quote:I will admit that I don't agree with a reward/ punishment system, and my ideas of heaven and hell though eternal in a sense, are not places that we bodily reside in, or even, necessarily, consciously.

Yes, we know that you've made up your own theology. Join the long line of unbalanced individuals throughout history. You need help.

Quote:Your motives are malicious towards something you aren't even supposed to believe in. Explain that without referring to the erroneous actions of man.

That's because you don't understand what is going on. You exist and you are spreading complete and utter bullshit based on your personal delusions. That needs to be opposed at every turn and you need to get qualified psychological help.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post