Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2016, 06:35 AM
RE: Christian with a question....
(25-06-2016 06:29 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  GOD doesn't abuse people, or instruct them to abuse.

Which is because gods do not and never have existed in the real world. If you choose to live in some fanciful inner world governed by myth and superstition, that's obviously your choice, but don't expect those of us living in a scientifically enlightened 21st century society to share your fantasies.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
26-06-2016, 07:33 AM
(26-06-2016 01:59 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My original post here was over a year ago if I'm not mistaken. And If I ever said I hadn't read the ot, then it was in reference to a time before I had faith. I read the ot nearly in its entirety probably about four years ago, if I had to guess. I stated that I hadn't read the new testament [...]

popsthebuilder wrote on 20-07-2015 at 05:29 AM...

Quote:I have read the Old Testament
Sumer texts
Book of Enoch
And am in the process of reading the Qur'an
Afterwards I will read the New Testament.

So at this time last year, he hadn't even read the NT. Which, even as an atheist, I read more than fifty years ago. Is this bloke for real? Less than 12 months and he apparently reckons he's read, absorbed, analysed and formed an accurate interpretation of the entire thing? I don't think so—since so-called speed reading has been debunked LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
26-06-2016, 09:23 AM
Dressed23,
Matthew 7 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
12: Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Matthew 7 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
15: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16: Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17: Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18: A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Matthew 7 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
20: Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 10 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
27: What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

Matthew 12 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
3: But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
4: How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?

Matthew 12 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
5: Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

Matthew 15 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
2: Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
3: But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Matthew 15 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
7: Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8: This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9: But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Matthew 15 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
12: Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
13: But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
14: Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Matthew 16 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
6: Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Matthew 16 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
11: How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
12: Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Matthew 19 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
8: He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Matthew 22 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
36: Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37: Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38: This is the first and great commandment. Matthew 22 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
39: And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40: On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
2: Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
4: For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
5: But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
6: And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
7: And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
8: But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
13: But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
14: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
16: Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
17: Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
18: And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty. Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
23: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24: Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
25: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
26: Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28: Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
29: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
30: And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31: Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32: Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33: Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
37: O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38: Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Luke 16 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
16: The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
26-06-2016, 09:24 AM
(26-06-2016 01:59 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 01:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Who's adding or taking from it?

I strictly addressed BAP. Are you this illiterate?
And mentioned where I quoted him or her.

26-06-2016, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2016 10:33 AM by popsthebuilder.)
(26-06-2016 07:33 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 01:59 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My original post here was over a year ago if I'm not mistaken. And If I ever said I hadn't read the ot, then it was in reference to a time before I had faith. I read the ot nearly in its entirety probably about four years ago, if I had to guess. I stated that I hadn't read the new testament [...]

popsthebuilder wrote on 20-07-2015 at 05:29 AM...

Quote:I have read the Old Testament
Sumer texts
Book of Enoch
And am in the process of reading the Qur'an
Afterwards I will read the New Testament.

So at this time last year, he hadn't even read the NT. Which, even as an atheist, I read more than fifty years ago. Is this bloke for real? Less than 12 months and he apparently reckons he's read, absorbed, analysed and formed an accurate interpretation of the entire thing? I don't think so—since so-called speed reading has been debunked LOL.
I'm not a speed reader, and a year is a long enough time to read and comprehend the new covenant. Thanks for showing that I wasn't lying though.

26-06-2016, 09:49 AM
(26-06-2016 09:23 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Dressed23,
Matthew 7 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
12: Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Matthew 7 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
15: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16: Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17: Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18: A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Matthew 7 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
20: Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 10 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
27: What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

Matthew 12 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
3: But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
4: How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?

Matthew 12 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
5: Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

Matthew 15 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
2: Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
3: But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Matthew 15 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
7: Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8: This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9: But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Matthew 15 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
12: Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
13: But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
14: Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Matthew 16 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
6: Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Matthew 16 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
11: How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
12: Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Matthew 19 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
8: He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Matthew 22 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
36: Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37: Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38: This is the first and great commandment. Matthew 22 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
39: And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40: On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
2: Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
4: For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
5: But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
6: And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
7: And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
8: But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
13: But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
14: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
16: Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
17: Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
18: And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty. Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
23: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24: Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
25: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
26: Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28: Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
29: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
30: And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31: Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32: Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33: Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
37: O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38: Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Luke 16 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
16: The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Lewis Carroll (TTLG)

1: ’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

2: “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!”

3: He took his vorpal sword in hand;
Long time the manxome foe he sought—
So rested he by the Tumtum tree
And stood awhile in thought.

4: And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

5: One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

6: “And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!”
He chortled in his joy.

7: ’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
26-06-2016, 10:32 AM
It's not so curious that once one is shown to be wrong that they turn back to ridiculousness as a fail safe defence.

It's ok.

Peace

26-06-2016, 10:35 AM
(26-06-2016 09:26 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm not a spread reader, and a year is a long enough time to read and comprehend the new covenant. Thanks for showing that I wasn't lying though.

Spread reader or speed reader? You dont even seem to read your own drivel while you write it. Othwerwise you would have spelled my forum name correctly, or the name of Zoroaster/Zarathustra (which you spelled Zorothustra Laugh out load ). You dont even care to know the stuff (or persons) you are talking about by correct name or title, im not even talking about content. And now please explain, how each of your verses confirms the claim that Jesus regarded the OT as manipulated or misinterpreted. A year after all is long enough time to read and comprehend the new covenant, right?
Particularly, please explain:

1) which of your verses
explains
2) which part of the OT was manipulated and misinterpreted
and
3) what the correct interpretation is

I hope you understand that i refrain from interpreting myself the verses you quoted, because i dont want to add anything to the manipulations and misinterpretations of your howly book. As you see, i am taking your claims very seriously!

Thanks in advance

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
26-06-2016, 11:51 AM
(26-06-2016 10:35 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 09:26 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm not a spread reader, and a year is a long enough time to read and comprehend the new covenant. Thanks for showing that I wasn't lying though.

Spread reader or speed reader? You dont even seem to read your own drivel while you write it. Othwerwise you would have spelled my forum name correctly, or the name of Zoroaster/Zarathustra (which you spelled Zorothustra Laugh out load ). You dont even care to know the stuff (or persons) you are talking about by correct name or title, im not even talking about content. And now please explain, how each of your verses confirms the claim that Jesus regarded the OT as manipulated or misinterpreted. A year after all is long enough time to read and comprehend the new covenant, right?
Particularly, please explain:

1) which of your verses
explains
2) which part of the OT was manipulated and misinterpreted
and
3) what the correct interpretation is

I hope you understand that i refrain from interpreting myself the verses you quoted, because i dont want to add anything to the manipulations and misinterpretations of your howly book. As you see, i am taking your claims very seriously!

Thanks in advance
Yeah I suck at spelling, and don't always catch auto correct either.

The verses I supplied where just from reading the text you supplied and the surrounding ones. There are plenty more. I will have to read some more to find them though, as I haven't memorized their place or exact content yet. For Starters though; sacrifice is of self or desires of flesh and attachment. Sacrifice is to be made but one time.

Ask any specific question relating to specific scripture and I will attempt to answer your questions as thoroughly as possible.

Thanks for understanding.

26-06-2016, 11:54 AM
(26-06-2016 10:32 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's not so curious that once one is shown to be wrong that they turn back to ridiculousness as a fail safe defence.

It's ok.

Peace

Let me lick my fingers on the deliciousness of the irony you are blind to.

[Image: 10338341_10153206008774110_2652921356560496413_n-1.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post