Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2016, 08:32 PM
RE: Christian with a question....
(26-06-2016 04:47 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 04:00 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Don't worry, I'm not done.

You have not started. You claimed that Jesus expressly stated that the Old Testament had been manipulated and or misinterpreted.

EXPRESSLY STATED.

Show me the fucking verse where he says that in those words as you stated he did. You are making shit up again you failure.
Well, we see who doesn't have any patience. And yes Christ did make it clear.

I don't even think I went through 2 books yet. Calm down there friendo.

John 6 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
45: It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

You will find many cases were Jesus uses this term or another very similar. Insinuating that the law is written on the hearts of the prophets.

John 6 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
51: I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
52: The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

Again we see literal interpretation is wrong as was the Jew in this case.

John 8 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
4: They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5: Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6: This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. John 8 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
7: So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8: And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9: And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
John 8 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
10: When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11: She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Here we see that not only was the law of Moses misinterpreted, but that they were convicted by their conscience and by that they knew they were wrong, and left.

Jesus didn't condemn that woman either, but told her to repent of sin and be free.

John 8 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
19: Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

John 8 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
31: Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32: And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

All but says all Jews that didn't believe him and his doctrine are deceived.

John 8 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
37: I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
38: I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
39: They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

John 8 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
42: Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43: Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44: Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. John 8 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
45: And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Yet more condemnation of the deceived.

John 8 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
47: He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
48: Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
49: Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

I'll continue later.

Peace
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2016, 08:39 PM
(26-06-2016 08:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 09:23 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Dressed23,
Matthew 7 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
12: Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Matthew 7 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
15: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16: Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17: Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18: A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Matthew 7 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
20: Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 10 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
27: What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

Matthew 12 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
3: But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
4: How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?

Matthew 12 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
5: Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

Matthew 15 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
2: Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
3: But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Matthew 15 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
7: Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8: This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9: But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Matthew 15 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
12: Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
13: But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
14: Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Matthew 16 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
6: Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Matthew 16 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
11: How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
12: Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Matthew 19 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
8: He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Matthew 22 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
36: Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37: Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38: This is the first and great commandment. Matthew 22 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
39: And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40: On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
2: Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
4: For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
5: But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
6: And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
7: And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
8: But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
13: But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
14: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
16: Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
17: Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
18: And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty. Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
23: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24: Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
25: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
26: Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28: Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
29: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
30: And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31: Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32: Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33: Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? Matthew 23 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
37: O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38: Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Luke 16 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
16: The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

So easily refuted. This is a supposed quote from Mr Jesus Christ himself.

Matthew 5:17-20King James Version (KJV)

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Are you confused? I didn't ever say the law was abolished or done away with.

Weak

26-06-2016, 08:48 PM
(26-06-2016 07:02 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 01:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  John 1 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
17: For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

This alone alludes to what is and isn't true.

John 2 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
13: And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem,
14: And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
15: And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; John 2 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
16: And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

This shows that the Jews, in the temple, where of the wrong direction.

John 3 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
1: There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
4: Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5: Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6: That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

We see here that not only did the Pharisee not understand, but didn't understand because of a literal interpretation.

John 3 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
10: Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

John 4 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
23: But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24: God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

John 5 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
8: Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.
10: The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed. John 5 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
12: Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk? John 5 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
15: The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him whole.

Interesting Consider

Now pops, consider this...how does one ascertain the validity of these scriptures you quoted? Who wrote John? Were the author/s of John witness to jesus saying these things? Are you aware that no one who ever wrote of jesus, actually knew him? Are you aware that the vast majority of biblical and NT scholars do not indicate that John the Apostle wrote these passages and instead assert it can be traced back to a "Johannine community" which traced its traditions to John. Traditions mean stories pops, people love to tell stories. "Trace" has no definition of time or how many people were in the line of story tellers. So here you are quoting scripture like it means something, when in fact the authors of John were fans of John and belonged to a commune in his honor, and they wrote down things that other people said he said...you see how inaccurate this becomes, how inconsequential? How irrelevant? Think pops, think
I was asked to show scripture from the new testament that shows the law of Moses was misinterpreted. That's what I'm doing. I couldn't care less who wrote John, it's just where I left off from reviewing a members referenced scripture. Why would it make any difference to me what the person's or people's names are who wrote it? I don't know them, but know of them, and not by name but by accord.

That goes for all core scriptures or texts of the faithful unto GOD.

Are you saying that what I quoted are exaggerations of the truth? I didn't even quote passages having to do with miracles so I don't really get what your attempting to allude to. I make no division of those of GOD as they are all of GOD, and this is seen again by their singular accord.

Peace

26-06-2016, 10:54 PM
(26-06-2016 08:39 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 08:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  So easily refuted. This is a supposed quote from Mr Jesus Christ himself.

Matthew 5:17-20King James Version (KJV)

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Are you confused? I didn't ever say the law was abolished or done away with.

Weak

See your following post to GWG.

That is Jesus talking. Supposedly. You in 2016 have a better understanding than he?

Dumb shit.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
26-06-2016, 11:00 PM
(26-06-2016 10:54 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 08:39 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Are you confused? I didn't ever say the law was abolished or done away with.

Weak

See your following post to GWG.

That is Jesus talking. Supposedly. You in 2016 have a better understanding than he?

Dumb shit.
What are you talking about?

You've been shown to be deceitful by your own peers, so why even continue. You've repeatedly shown me personally that your understanding of scripture is non existent, but please continue. I do enjoy the conversation when you quote scripture.

26-06-2016, 11:35 PM
(26-06-2016 11:00 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 10:54 PM)Banjo Wrote:  See your following post to GWG.

Dumb shit.

You've been shown to be deceitful by your own peers, so why even continue. You've repeatedly shown me personally that your understanding of scripture is non existent, but please continue. I do enjoy the conversation when you quote scripture.

Give it up you fool. You have zero credibility here.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
26-06-2016, 11:36 PM
(13-06-2016 12:29 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  So I guess I'm in hot water right off the bat, but here it goes anyway: Could you assume, just for the sake of this question, that there is a god? And you're standing before him on judgement day. God says: "You can go back to earth and live a natural born God-fearing life or be sent directly to hell, which would you choose? Please don't play the "that's never going to happen because there is no god" card just for the sake of this discussion.

Thanks for answering, I'd think this would be a really tough decision.

Phu Cat

If that were to happen (which we atheist know that's not gonna happen) I choose hell instead Of an evil mother fucking god.
26-06-2016, 11:37 PM
(26-06-2016 11:00 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 10:54 PM)Banjo Wrote:  See your following post to GWG.

Dumb shit.

You've been shown to be deceitful by your own peers, so why even continue....

Citation required, please Pops.
[+] 6 users Like Peebothuhul's post
27-06-2016, 12:10 AM
So I came into this thread wondering why it's still going. I assumed some fool was arguing...

Now. I see pops is back...

Oh joy my weekend is complete. Dodgy

Fuck this shit.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-06-2016, 01:49 AM
(27-06-2016 12:10 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So I came into this thread wondering why it's still going. I assumed some fool was arguing...

Now. I see pops is back...

Oh joy my weekend is complete. Dodgy

Fuck this shit.

Word.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post