Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2016, 02:43 AM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2016 02:47 AM by popsthebuilder.)
RE: Christian with a question....
(26-06-2016 11:37 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 11:00 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What are you talking about?

You've been shown to be deceitful by your own peers, so why even continue....

Citation required, please Pops.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid1020648

Actually Pop's claimed in a post to me, he had not read the bible. Same as blowjob.<br />
<br />
No clue at all.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid1020754

[quote uid=34989 name="popsthebuilder" post=1020676 timestamp=1466927957]My original post here was over a year ago if I'm not mistaken. And If I ever said I hadn't read the ot, then it was in referenc......
Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2016, 02:59 AM
(27-06-2016 02:43 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 11:37 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Citation required, please Pops.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid1020648

Actually Pop's claimed in a post to me, he had not read the bible. Same as blowjob.<br />
<br />
No clue at all.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid1020754

[quote uid=34989 name="popsthebuilder" post=1020676 timestamp=1466927957]My original post here was over a year ago if I'm not mistaken. And If I ever said I hadn't read the ot, then it was in referenc......

You quote SYZ???

Too funny, or sad. One or the other. Big Grin Weeping

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
27-06-2016, 04:18 AM
(26-06-2016 09:23 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Dressed23,
Matthew 7 (KJV)
12: Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Matthew 7 (KJV)
[snip]

16: The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

As I've told other god-botherers here before—numerous times—there's absolutely NO point in posting screens-full of biblical copypasta on an atheist forum. No amount of millennia-old fantasy would ever convince an atheist that supernatural entities could or do exist, or that your "holy book" purports to record any factual historical events. The book was cobbled together by a group of disparate desert nomads over a span of hundreds of years, and notably with the so-called "400 years of silence"—which refers to the time between the end of the Old Testament and the start of the New Testament—during which period God didn't speak [sic] to the Jewish people.

popsthebuilder Wrote:I'm not a speed reader, and a year is a long enough time to read and comprehend the new covenant. Thanks for showing that I wasn't lying though.
No; If you've only read and deliberated the contents of the NT in less than a year, then you're not fully prepared to debate the intent of its content. It took me (along with my Strong's Concordance) way longer than 12 months to even understand its contents as they stood. You'd have to be a speed reader to do it in less time, or alternatively, you didn't really study it in sufficient depth.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
27-06-2016, 05:13 AM
(27-06-2016 04:18 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 09:23 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Dressed23,
Matthew 7 (KJV)
12: Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Matthew 7 (KJV)
[snip]

16: The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

As I've told other god-botherers here before—numerous times—there's absolutely NO point in posting screens-full of biblical copypasta on an atheist forum. No amount of millennia-old fantasy would ever convince an atheist that supernatural entities could or do exist, or that your "holy book" purports to record any factual historical events. The book was cobbled together by a group of disparate desert nomads over a span of hundreds of years, and notably with the so-called "400 years of silence"—which refers to the time between the end of the Old Testament and the start of the New Testament—during which period God didn't speak [sic] to the Jewish people.

popsthebuilder Wrote:I'm not a speed reader, and a year is a long enough time to read and comprehend the new covenant. Thanks for showing that I wasn't lying though.
No; If you've only read and deliberated the contents of the NT in less than a year, then you're not fully prepared to debate the intent of its content. It took me (along with my Strong's Concordance) way longer than 12 months to even understand its contents as they stood. You'd have to be a speed reader to do it in less time, or alternatively, you didn't really study it in sufficient depth.
Again I was asked to provide supporting scripture for my claim. That's what I'm doing.

I don't know why it took you over a year, but when you literally leave everything behind and fill all time with reading, it is possible.

Assuming I didn't grasp the material is a poor assumption indeed.

It's baffling to me that so many here claim to be biblical scholars, and to have thoroughly studied the bible, but never looked before or after it in order to further research the possibility of it's validity.

It's like you take the bible and your sceptics guide to interpretation and the two together confirm your bias so that's as far as you go.

Not speaking of any in particular. Just saying that once again, I am being accused of things that people here are actually guilty of.

27-06-2016, 05:28 AM
(26-06-2016 04:00 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Don't worry, I'm not done.

Seriously, I think you are violating some sort of forum rule by copy/pasting chunks of text from religious books.

You actually think this confers any credibility to your fatuous assertions? Are you that bereft of understanding? Are you that out of touch with reality?

Just as unfogged has been telling you- get help!

You are on an atheist forum bleating about some weird psychotic delusions you have which you label as god and you really can't figure out why no one will take you seriously?

Or are you so delusional you can't see that?

Are you capable of pulling your head out from your psychotic delusions long enough to realize you are not doing anything but convincing people that you are in need of psychological help?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
27-06-2016, 05:50 AM
(27-06-2016 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's baffling to me that so many here claim to be biblical scholars, and to have thoroughly studied the bible, but never looked before or after it in order to further research the possibility of it's validity.

It is baffling to you because it isn't true. We have looked both before and after.
Please reference actual extra-Biblical evidence for the validity of the Bible.

We'll wait. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
27-06-2016, 06:04 AM
(26-06-2016 05:52 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 01:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Mary didn't seem to mind. She was an avid follower of the Will of GOD.

Please substantiate that claim.

Still waiting for that substantiation

By the way, quoting scripture to convince atheists is useless pops. There's no reason to take it as anything other than literature unless you have any actual evidence to support any of it. You'd understand that if you weren't so deeply mired in your little delusional world.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
27-06-2016, 06:17 AM
(27-06-2016 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  [Again I was asked to provide supporting scripture for my claim. That's what I'm doing.

Except you didn't.

(27-06-2016 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't know why it took you over a year, but when you literally leave everything behind and fill all time with reading, it is possible.

Perhaps. But you also have to leave time for comprehension. Oops.

(27-06-2016 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Assuming I didn't grasp the material is a poor assumption indeed.

No, it's been demonstrated to be valid.

(27-06-2016 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's baffling to me that so many here claim to be biblical scholars, and to have thoroughly studied the bible, but never looked before or after it in order to further research the possibility of it's validity.

Oh? So what are your thoughts on the - scratch that -. Not Nicea.

I meant: What are your thoughts on the compilation of the biblical texts?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
27-06-2016, 06:33 AM
(23-06-2016 04:50 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 04:33 AM)SYZ Wrote:  And we thank you, again, for your well-mannered response. Are all theists as socially inept as you?

So what really offended you? The realization that some atheists are morons(or at least say moronic things) or the fact that it was a theist who pointed that out to you?

Nope... neither really. Just your continued rudeness and lack of relevance is more than enough for me to find your inane comments offensive. You flood these threads with ad hominems and off-topic responses, and then apparently wonder why everybody here thinks you're a total fucktard. Try cleaning up your mouth and putting your brain in gear before posting—although I seriously doubt if you'd ever win the Nobel Prize for philosophy. Could be close to a Darwin Award though LOL.

http://www.darwinawards.com

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
27-06-2016, 08:56 AM
(27-06-2016 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Again I was asked to provide supporting scripture for my claim. That's what I'm doing.
Nope. You can't claim the veracity of your holy book by citing its own content LOL. That's a classic non sequitur! Which many theists do over and over again when asked by atheists for an explanation of the literal (rather than figurative or allegorical) content of each claim itself; not just a parrot-like repetition of the verse itself apparently intended shut them up out of frustration—or bore them shitless. Whichever comes first.

Quote:Assuming I didn't grasp the material is a poor assumption indeed.
All you've revealed here is an ability to cite biblical chapter and verse. But you don't seem to be able to interpret the texts, or frame them within any sort of meaningful, 21st-century reasoning.
EG: John 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
And yet, the bible says that Abraham, Nadab, Jacob, Moses, Aaron, Manoah, Isaac, Amos et al all saw their god in the flesh. It's these sorts of inconsistencies you can't explain, repeatedly. (Or can you in this case?)

It's all very well being able to quote the bible, but unless you can make any sense of it, it's truly pointless, and proves its ultimate worthlessness as both a historical document... or a scientific text.