Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2016, 08:59 AM
RE: Christian with a question....
(27-06-2016 08:56 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Again I was asked to provide supporting scripture for my claim. That's what I'm doing.
Nope. You can't claim the veracity of your holy book by citing its own content LOL. That's a classic non sequitur! Which many theists do over and over again when asked by atheists for an explanation of the literal (rather than figurative or allegorical) content of each claim itself; not just a parrot-like repetition of the verse itself apparently intended shut them up out of frustration—or bore them shitless. Whichever comes first.

Quote:Assuming I didn't grasp the material is a poor assumption indeed.
All you've revealed here is an ability to cite biblical chapter and verse. But you don't seem to be able to interpret the texts, or frame them within any sort of meaningful, 21st-century reasoning.
EG: John 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
And yet, the bible says that Abraham, Nadab, Jacob, Moses, Aaron, Manoah, Isaac, Amos et al all saw their god in the flesh. It's these sorts of inconsistencies you can't explain, repeatedly. (Or can you in this case?)

It's all very well being able to quote the bible, but unless you can make any sense of it, it's truly pointless, and proves its ultimate worthlessness as both a historical document... or a scientific text.

Dude, dumb down your posts. Think Dr Seuss. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
27-06-2016, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2016 09:07 AM by popsthebuilder.)
(27-06-2016 08:56 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Again I was asked to provide supporting scripture for my claim. That's what I'm doing.
Nope. You can't claim the veracity of your holy book by citing its own content LOL. That's a classic non sequitur! Which many theists do over and over again when asked by atheists for an explanation of the literal (rather than figurative or allegorical) content of each claim itself; not just a parrot-like repetition of the verse itself apparently intended shut them up out of frustration—or bore them shitless. Whichever comes first.

Quote:Assuming I didn't grasp the material is a poor assumption indeed.
All you've revealed here is an ability to cite biblical chapter and verse. But you don't seem to be able to interpret the texts, or frame them within any sort of meaningful, 21st-century reasoning.
EG: John 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
And yet, the bible says that Abraham, Nadab, Jacob, Moses, Aaron, Manoah, Isaac, Amos et al all saw their god in the flesh. It's these sorts of inconsistencies you can't explain, repeatedly. (Or can you in this case?)

It's all very well being able to quote the bible, but unless you can make any sense of it, it's truly pointless, and proves its ultimate worthlessness as both a historical document... or a scientific text.
So are you saying that the prophets weren't of GOD?

That's nonsensical.

And no, none has ever been reported to have witnessed the utter countenance of GOD in fullness, as our perception and cognition is limited to human understanding.

Oh yeah, I agree that it is of little historical or scientific use. It's use is of a different, more universally pervading knowledge and nature. Not that math isn't universally pervading.
Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
27-06-2016, 09:08 AM
(27-06-2016 09:03 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So are you saying that the prophets weren't of GOD?

That's not what he said but your incredibly bad reading comprehension is getting in the way again.

Quote:That's nonsensical.

Faith is what is nonsensical. Saying somebody is "of god" is meaningless unless you can demonstrate that this god exists.

Quote:And no, none has ever been reported to have witnessed the utter countenance of GOD in fullness, as our perception and cognition is limited to human understanding.

Which is totally irrelevant to the question asked.

Quote:Oh yeah, I agree that it is of little historical or scientific use. It's use is of a different, more universally pervading knowledge and nature.

You need help. Get some.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
27-06-2016, 09:19 AM
(27-06-2016 09:03 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 08:56 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Nope. You can't claim the veracity of your holy book by citing its own content LOL. That's a classic non sequitur! Which many theists do over and over again when asked by atheists for an explanation of the literal (rather than figurative or allegorical) content of each claim itself; not just a parrot-like repetition of the verse itself apparently intended shut them up out of frustration—or bore them shitless. Whichever comes first.

So are you saying that the prophets weren't of GOD?

No one is "of GOD".

Quote:That's nonsensical.

No, "of GOD" is nonsensical.

Quote:And no, none has ever been reported to have witnessed the utter countenance of GOD in fullness, as our perception and cognition is limited to human understanding.

Our perception and cognition is limited to reality.

Quote:Oh yeah, I agree that it is of little historical or scientific use. It's use is of a different, more universally pervading knowledge and nature.

No, there is no knowledge to be had there.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
27-06-2016, 09:30 AM
Quote:Again I was asked to provide supporting scripture for my claim. That's what I'm doing.

Pops,

i didnt ask you to provide scripture. What i asked was

Quote:1) which of your verses
explains
2) which part of the OT was manipulated and misinterpreted
and
3) what the correct interpretation is

Where (the fuck) do you read from this, that i want more copy pasta form the bible? I know thats what you want to read, but its not what i requested.
Particularly my point #2 was completely ignored by you.

You are completely free to ignore or refuse my requests, questions, or any other way of trying to interact with you, but once you commit to interacting with me, i am expecting at least a minimum of decent human behaviour and adherence to basic rules of conversation during our interaction. Carefully reading (and possibly asking back questions if you arent sure you understood my question correctly!) is one of them.

Please consider this as well: I am asking you to for explanation of your first quotes, which i equal to asking you for your phone number. A very personal and specific request. Now, what did you do? You threw even more bible quotes at me, which i equal with throwing the entire phonebook at me. Dont you see how ignorant (ignoring my request in the first place) this is, and how rude?
Throwing entire, uncommented and uninterpreted passages at me, while i told you clearly in advance that i dont want to have to interpret your verses (so you wont accuse me of misinterpretation afterwards), well i perceive that to be particularly rude from you.

Therefore i am not going to dive into your endless bible-copy pasta, which is still mostly irrelevant to my question after having read it.

Let me get now to the greater point i wanted to make:
Would you agree with me that if you collect all availiable stories,"quotes", etc. from Jesus of the NT (well, there arent any, this has already be discussed ad nauseum, but lets that not stop us for the sake of continuing our discourse) that correct the misinterpretations from the OT or render them invalid, this what remains of the OT remains valid?

Just to be clear: Please, no more bible passages, no opinions of others, no wider discourses, links, non-sequiturs or tangents. I want your opinion.
1) yes?
or
2) no?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
27-06-2016, 09:40 AM
(27-06-2016 09:30 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
Quote:Again I was asked to provide supporting scripture for my claim. That's what I'm doing.

Pops,

i didnt ask you to provide scripture. What i asked was

Quote:1) which of your verses
explains
2) which part of the OT was manipulated and misinterpreted
and
3) what the correct interpretation is

Where (the fuck) do you read from this, that i want more copy pasta form the bible? I know thats what you want to read, but its not what i requested.
Particularly my point #2 was completely ignored by you.

You are completely free to ignore or refuse my requests, questions, or any other way of trying to interact with you, but once you commit to interacting with me, i am expecting at least a minimum of decent human behaviour and adherence to basic rules of conversation during our interaction. Carefully reading (and possibly asking back questions if you arent sure you understood my question correctly!) is one of them.

Please consider this as well: I am asking you to for explanation of your first quotes, which i equal to asking you for your phone number. A very personal and specific request. Now, what did you do? You threw even more bible quotes at me, which i equal with throwing the entire phonebook at me. Dont you see how ignorant (ignoring my request in the first place) this is, and how rude?
Throwing entire, uncommented and uninterpreted passages at me, while i told you clearly in advance that i dont want to have to interpret your verses (so you wont accuse me of misinterpretation afterwards), well i perceive that to be particularly rude from you.

Therefore i am not going to dive into your endless bible-copy pasta, which is still mostly irrelevant to my question after having read it.

Let me get now to the greater point i wanted to make:
Would you agree with me that if you collect all availiable stories,"quotes", etc. from Jesus of the NT (well, there arent any, this has already be discussed ad nauseum, but lets that not stop us for the sake of continuing our discourse) that correct the misinterpretations from the OT or render them invalid, this what remains of the OT remains valid?

Just to be clear: Please, no more bible passages, no opinions of others, no wider discourses, links, non-sequiturs or tangents. I want your opinion.
1) yes?
or
2) no?

Pop's is a waste of your time. You are too intelligent.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-06-2016, 09:45 AM
Those of you expecting better/more from pops are either exceptionally optimistic or you enjoy beating your head against a wall.

Get to know pops a little...drug-fried brain, has attempted murder, low comprehension skills, and quite deluded.

He doesn't need more talk unless it's actual therapy and there's a huge indication that medication is in order.

Pops isn't worth the eyestrain or keyboarding skills put forth here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
27-06-2016, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2016 04:06 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(27-06-2016 09:03 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  And no, none has ever been reported to have witnessed the utter countenance of GOD in fullness, as our perception and cognition is limited to human understanding.

coun·te·nance: a person's face or facial expression.

Oh really?

And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved (Genesis 32:30)

So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend (Exodus 33:11)

But since there has not arisen in Israel a prophet like Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face (Deuteronomy 34:10).

Contradictions:

No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, but the only is at the Father's side, has made him known (John 1:18). Consider

Who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever (1 Timothy 6:16).

Rolleyes

(26-06-2016 08:48 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I was asked to show scripture from the new testament that shows the law of Moses was misinterpreted. That's what I'm doing. I couldn't care less who wrote John, it's just where I left off from reviewing a members referenced scripture. Why would it make any difference to me what the person's or people's names are who wrote it? I don't know them, but know of them, and not by name but by accord.

That goes for all core scriptures or texts of the faithful unto GOD.

sigh.

You should care who wrote the scriptures since they were written by NON eyewitnesses, thus it is based on urban legends, older myths, and stories passed down. That goes for all core scriptures or texts of the faithful unto the unevidenced mythical god.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
27-06-2016, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2016 04:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-06-2016 01:35 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 12:25 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Truthfulness and Validity are not the same thing. Your error is that you are conflating them.

Do you actually read the shit you post?

I'm actually interested in what he thinks of Verification&Validation 'cause there's a group I work with dedicated entirely to that. Maybe he can present a research proposal to them. ... I forgive myself in advance for calling Hayseed a fucking supercilious sanctimonius idiot pretending to be expert in things he literally knows nothing about.

I'm looking at you too Tomasia.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-06-2016, 04:16 PM
....;...

#sigh