RE: Christian with a question....

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-06-2016, 10:09 PM
(27-06-2016 09:59 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 09:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's not that I don't get why atheists act how they do at times, here; but that it is irrelevant. No level of negativity, regardless of if the purveyor finds themselves to be justified or not, will detour me. An utter lack of willingness to at least here what I say, by all 10000 or so members might dissuade me, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Then what types of goals do you have, putting any conjunction of words together for no inclination of self or other satisfaction bys the time sure, but doesn't accomplish much else.

Communication can work on so many more actual effective levels.
Me being relatively indifferent to negativity should default to a waste of time or lack of actual motive or goal. I can't really pinpoint why I'm here anymore. It isn't strictly for entertainment though. It benefits me indirectly in many ways. And I would like to hope that it might benefit another somehow, at some point, and please don't think I mean by converting anyone. What would I convert them to? I can't rightly call any religion mine.

Y'all help me on many levels. I don't know that I help any of you. My resolve is strengthened by each verbal swing I receive, and believe it or not, my ability to debate within more logical terms is also improving. This, like other things, is seemingly inobservable here though.

On a side note; don't think I use what I get here at other atheist sites. I do visit other atheist sights, but this one is by far my most common.

27-06-2016, 10:13 PM
(27-06-2016 10:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

You are always a very welcome change of pace. Your light hearted humor always brings ease to my mind.

I don't know if it is intentional for sure, but thank you.

Sincerely,

Peace friend

27-06-2016, 10:24 PM
(27-06-2016 10:09 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Y'all help me on many levels. I don't know that I help any of you.

Don't underestimate your impact pops. I think you are here for genuine discussion. And it inspires Girly. What I don't understand is that when you first got here and I saw your posts about the dead radio zones, I thought, "This dude might be a pantheist. This guy might be a panentheist. Dude might be a Buddhist. " At what point did you become a stupid Christian.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-06-2016, 10:30 PM
(27-06-2016 10:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 10:09 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Y'all help me on many levels. I don't know that I help any of you.

Don't underestimate your impact pops. I think you are here for genuine discussion. And it inspires Girly. What I don't understand is that when you first got here and I saw your posts about the dead radio zones, I thought, "This dude might be a pantheist. This guy might be a panentheist. Dude might be a Buddhist. " At what point did you become a stupid Christian.
Can you not see that I am not a traditional Christian?

Peace

27-06-2016, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2016 10:37 PM by Chas.)
(27-06-2016 09:48 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 05:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  It is baffling to you because it isn't true. We have looked both before and after.
Please reference actual extra-Biblical evidence for the validity of the Bible.

We'll wait. Drinking Beverage
Don't play dumb; I started a whole thread on other scripture that matches the bible. Read any teachings from any ancient philosophical school of thought. They are all exceedingly similar in most all ways.

Your comparisons were vapid and you ignored the differences and contradictions.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-06-2016, 10:34 PM
(27-06-2016 10:13 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 10:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

You are always a very welcome change of pace. Your light hearted humor always brings ease to my mind.

I don't know if it is intentional for sure, but thank you.

Sincerely,

Peace friend

I am your friend Peace Frog. Big Grin

#sigh
27-06-2016, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2016 11:26 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-06-2016 10:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 10:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Don't underestimate your impact pops. I think you are here for genuine discussion. And it inspires Girly. What I don't understand is that when you first got here and I saw your posts about the dead radio zones, I thought, "This dude might be a pantheist. This guy might be a panentheist. Dude might be a Buddhist. " At what point did you become a stupid Christian.
Can you not see that I am not a traditional Christian?

Fuck that I don't think you are a Christian at all. Why pretend?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-06-2016, 11:57 PM
Pop's.

I am going to be serious with you. I agree with Girly. You are here for discussion. Not to troll like others. This is a good thing.

However, your claim to be a "different sort of christian" is unnecessary. My reasons for thinking this is as I have pointed out, you have ignored various commandments or laws and as a result, you are condemned by that book to hell. (Even though it is a mere fantasy)

You do appear to wish to be a good person. I applaud this. However this is possible without a religion. There are many people who do good work, obey the law etc who have no belief system.

I cannot say I am a good or bad man. It is not my place to judge myself. However I nursed my mother through 10 years of multiple sclerosis, then did charity work for Multiple sclerosis society, taught anti rape classes to women who had suffered at home etc. All while working.

I am a non believer. Always have been. I became conscious of this fact at 4 years old.

If you want to be a good man. Be a good man.

I have no experience of what it is to have suffered the trauma of deconversion, seen often on this site. This is why I never post in those threads. Or rather, very rarely.

I very much doubt you would have such trouble, being that your understanding of the system itself is so tenuous.

Throw it off Pop's. You simply do not need it.

Oh and I am also awaiting the citation where I proved I had no knowledge of christianity and its history. Please provide that.

Yours. Dale

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
28-06-2016, 12:15 AM
(27-06-2016 09:58 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  In my humble opinion I think some very key books were intentionally left out and some things of deception or misdirection were intentionally put in; not by the authors per say, but by the...editors, powers behind closed doors, for there own selfish motives. Don't get me started on the creeds and counsels.
So you're the man who's been given the mystical key which tells you which books are valid and which are not?

Quote:Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
That's Pops for you. Selflessly spraying his semen all over the forum.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.