Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2016, 04:25 AM
RE: Christian with a question....
(28-06-2016 12:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 09:58 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  In my humble opinion I think some very key books were intentionally left out and some things of deception or misdirection were intentionally put in; not by the authors per say, but by the...editors, powers behind closed doors, for there own selfish motives. Don't get me started on the creeds and counsels.
So you're the man who's been given the mystical key which tells you which books are valid and which are not?

Quote:Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
That's Pops for you. Selflessly spraying his semen all over the forum.
Pretty sure anyone can discern between them if capable of being without bias, without want, and without anger/ fear/ hatred.

I'm nothing special...at all

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2016, 04:51 AM
(28-06-2016 04:25 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 12:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  So you're the man who's been given the mystical key which tells you which books are valid and which are not?

That's Pops for you. Selflessly spraying his semen all over the forum.
Pretty sure anyone can discern between them if capable of being without bias, without want, and without anger/ fear/ hatred.

So if I say that all of them are invalid, who are you to gainsay me? I assert that I have assessed them without bias, anger, fear or hatred.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-06-2016, 05:01 AM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2016 05:45 AM by popsthebuilder.)
Banjo?....is that you?!

To me I am not condemned whatsoever, lest I repent not. I know our views on the bible don't really match up too well. But the bible wasn't and isn't the main source material for my opinion, though I do agree with it for he most part. I do believe in mercy to some extent, and that life is to learn. As such I don't believe any are condemned but those who wilfully blaspheme and turn others from the truth. (I understand that you don't consider it the truth)

I wholly agree that one can strive to be a good person without religion. Religion, doesn't drive me. No particular one, anyway. And though I believe that one is indeed responsible for their actions and will be held accountable eventually, I too believe there are cases where one must go past simply being a generally good person. I suppose you could say that is where it gets very personal.

I know there are good people without a belief system, and I don't hold that lack of faith against them in any way. But for reasons I'd rather not disclose at this time; I have reason to believe that simply being a good person isn't enough in my case. As I may seem to be a good person on the outside, and though, at one time, I really was wholly changed by an outside uhm....force/knowledge/understanding/being; I have come to the point where my weights have been added back to me and my yoke has been burdened moreso that even initially prior to my being given faith.

Okay, wow. I do get repetitive and ranty when on these sorts of topics.

It's good to hear that you have some level of compassion or empathy. Indeed it is a natural thing. I applaud atheists as they often know what I seemingly often forget; our own responsibility and potential. Indeed I am at some cross roads at this time.

I too became aware of my previous stance at a very early age.

I know you think my understanding is quite lacking, and I can't show you otherwise per say, but this yoke will not be cast off. I happily ask for it to be weighted yet more, and again more. I am a strange breed, and oh how I do long for the pain of trial, the sting of learning for yourself.

I agree; I need no thing whatsoever, but to die. All nothing needs is to return to oblivion. But that tiny little part, that light of life that resides in each and everything in my opinion is seemingly inexhaustable. And though I await the inevitable, I know it isn't time yet.

As for that last part;

Wow, I do apologize if I even insinuated such about you. You obviously have a firm hold on traditional and sceptical views pertaining to scripture. My views just differ from yours...and most others. Really though, from the first time you posted scripture that I saw; I know I had stumbled across a formidable...person.

Anyway, there is the start of the ramblings for today!

Though our opinions seem to differ widely on more than one topic, I do really appreciate the sincere attempt you have made here to be...cordial

I hope you find your peace, if you haven't found it already.

28-06-2016, 05:03 AM
(28-06-2016 04:51 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 04:25 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Pretty sure anyone can discern between them if capable of being without bias, without want, and without anger/ fear/ hatred.

So if I say that all of them are invalid, who are you to gainsay me? I assert that I have assessed them without bias, anger, fear or hatred.
I am noone, and wouldn't attempt to correct you, but would rather prefer to hear your opinion that we might both gain something perhaps.

28-06-2016, 05:12 AM
(27-06-2016 09:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 05:28 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Seriously, I think you are violating some sort of forum rule by copy/pasting chunks of text from religious books.

You actually think this confers any credibility to your fatuous assertions? Are you that bereft of understanding? Are you that out of touch with reality?

Just as unfogged has been telling you- get help!

You are on an atheist forum bleating about some weird psychotic delusions you have which you label as god and you really can't figure out why no one will take you seriously?

Or are you so delusional you can't see that?

Are you capable of pulling your head out from your psychotic delusions long enough to realize you are not doing anything but convincing people that you are in need of psychological help?
It's not that I don't get why atheists act how they do at times, here; but that it is irrelevant. No level of negativity, regardless of if the purveyor finds themselves to be justified or not, will detour me. An utter lack of willingness to at least here what I say, by all 10000 or so members might dissuade me, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Peace

Delusions of grandeur. Get help.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
28-06-2016, 05:38 AM
(28-06-2016 05:12 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 09:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's not that I don't get why atheists act how they do at times, here; but that it is irrelevant. No level of negativity, regardless of if the purveyor finds themselves to be justified or not, will detour me. An utter lack of willingness to at least here what I say, by all 10000 or so members might dissuade me, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Peace

Delusions of grandeur. Get help.
My ambition isn't the product of delusion.

28-06-2016, 05:39 AM
(27-06-2016 08:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 04:00 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  You should care who wrote the scriptures since they were written by NON eyewitnesses, thus it is based on urban legends, older myths, and stories passed down. That goes for all core scriptures or texts of the faithful unto the unevidenced mythical god.
Nonsensical; the first faith started from somewhere and it wasn't based on previous faith.

Pops, that was stupid even for you. GWGs aid nothing about the first faith and you just demonstrated yet again that you have zero reading comprehension. You need to realize that you are unable to understand much of what you are hearing or reading and that your views on what scripture says can't be taken seriously.

You need help, Pops, get some.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
28-06-2016, 05:43 AM
(27-06-2016 11:57 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Pop's.

I am going to be serious with you. I agree with Girly. You are here for discussion. Not to troll like others. This is a good thing.

Sorry, Banjo, but I disagree completely. Pops is only here to preach his little personal delusion. He does not listen to anything anybody says and when he gets cornered he just disappears for a week or two and then comes back with the same garbage as before. He's a canker sore on the forum.

[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
28-06-2016, 05:44 AM
(26-06-2016 01:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Mary didn't seem to mind. She was an avid follower of the Will of GOD.

Still waiting for substantiation of that claim

28-06-2016, 05:45 AM
(28-06-2016 05:03 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 04:51 AM)morondog Wrote:  So if I say that all of them are invalid, who are you to gainsay me? I assert that I have assessed them without bias, anger, fear or hatred.
I am noone, and wouldn't attempt to correct you, but would rather prefer to hear your opinion that we might both gain something perhaps.

Rolleyes Either the texts are valid and represent actual truth or they are not. Which is it? You can't live in some fantasy where somehow truth is a matter of opinion - well I guess you can, but you will then be living in a fantasy. There are statements which correspond to objective reality and statements which do not. Into which category do statements made in the Bible for example concerning the nature of God (that he kills entire familes, tribes and nations) fall? Concerning the resurrection?

If you assert these as true statements, please prove them to me. By what method did you determine that they are objectively true?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post