Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2016, 06:28 PM
RE: Christian with a question....
(28-06-2016 08:58 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 09:26 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yes.

But I don't know if that's what you want, because I consider the ot to be profitable without change, it just doesn't align with what is right in all points. But can still be learned from.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Thank you for your honest reply.

So you do think that

1 stoning unruly children
2 not wearing mixed fabric
3 not eating shellfish
4 marrying your rapist or rape victim (depends on your point of view)
5 not picking up sticks on sabbath
6 having another human being for property, that you can pass on to your children according to Exodus 21
7 and many other senseless and/or immoral rules and habits of the OT

is appropriate? Because i dont remember that the NT ever spoke against those things.
No, and I said it wasn't an exhaustive list. Also, I only went through about one book of scripture with the specific purpose of pointing out Jesus not agreeing with the Jew. In fact most of the things you said are similar to what I said in my opinion, only stated differently. I will keep an eye out for similar verses to what I posted and perhaps record them, but I don't think I'll post them here. It isn't getting too much fanfare.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2016, 06:29 PM
(28-06-2016 06:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 08:58 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Thank you for your honest reply.

So you do think that

1 stoning unruly children
2 not wearing mixed fabric
3 not eating shellfish
4 marrying your rapist or rape victim (depends on your point of view)
5 not picking up sticks on sabbath
6 having another human being for property, that you can pass on to your children according to Exodus 21
7 and many other senseless and/or immoral rules and habits of the OT

is appropriate? Because i dont remember that the NT ever spoke against those things.
No, and I said it wasn't an exhaustive list. Also, I only went through about one book of scripture with the specific purpose of pointing out Jesus not agreeing with the Jew. In fact most of the things you said are similar to what I said in my opinion, only stated differently. I will keep an eye out for similar verses to what I posted and perhaps record them, but I don't think I'll post them here. It isn't getting too much fanfare.

So you only post that which gets you fanfare?
28-06-2016, 06:34 PM
(28-06-2016 06:29 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 06:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, and I said it wasn't an exhaustive list. Also, I only went through about one book of scripture with the specific purpose of pointing out Jesus not agreeing with the Jew. In fact most of the things you said are similar to what I said in my opinion, only stated differently. I will keep an eye out for similar verses to what I posted and perhaps record them, but I don't think I'll post them here. It isn't getting too much fanfare.

So you only post that which gets you fanfare?
Not at all.

Check my rep.

Ask someone here how they feel about me.

That was just a way to say that posting scripture seems to be really offending some. I'm not here to offend, and if someone doesn't at least listen to a thing after a couple of attempts then further attempts may do more harm than good. I'm not here to argue to no end with no conclusion.

If you or anyone else would like me to continue then I happily will. Just let it be known.

Peace

28-06-2016, 06:44 PM
(27-06-2016 08:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 04:00 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  coun·te·nance: a person's face or facial expression.

Oh really?

And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved (Genesis 32:30)

So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend (Exodus 33:11)

But since there has not arisen in Israel a prophet like Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face (Deuteronomy 34:10).

Contradictions:

No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, but the only is at the Father's side, has made him known (John 1:18). Consider

Who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever (1 Timothy 6:16).

Rolleyes

sigh.

You should care who wrote the scriptures since they were written by NON eyewitnesses, thus it is based on urban legends, older myths, and stories passed down. That goes for all core scriptures or texts of the faithful unto the unevidenced mythical god.
Nonsensical; the first faith started from somewhere and it wasn't based on previous faith.

Based on that genius level for reasons to believe dumbshit, I suppose you MUST also believe in bigfoot right? I mean there have been stories for centuries about a big-ape-man in multiple cultures on multiple continents, and millions of people believe in bigfoot. Let's take a look and do a compare and contrast...

It has long amused me that Christians have no qualms admitting that they believe in Jesus, even though there is zero evidence for the magical, miracle-performing, zombie invasion causing, son of a mythical god Jesus, but don't believe in Bigfoot. Perhaps a physical man named Jesus existed, in fact, many men named Jesus existed, and maybe even one of them was a self-professed messiah, who claimed to be the son of god….many people over time have claimed that very same thing…all discredited.

Know what doesn’t exist? Evidence that a single person who ever wrote about Jesus, actually knew him, met him, or witnessed his miracles. ZERO. Contemplate on that for a moment. I have asserted that fact for quite awhile now, as most of you know, and proven it to an exhaustive degree. Now, the question I have is why can people easily believe the Jesus fairy tale, yet dismiss stories of aliens, fairies, or even bigfoot? I wonder if they understand that there is far more evidence for Bigfoot than Jesus. In fact, since there exists no credible eyewitness testimony or contemporary evidence for the magical Jesus, by anyone who knew him, one would assume Bigfoot wins the compare and contrast hands down. (Jesus – 0.)

How about Bigfoot? Unlike the resurrection, which violates absolutely everything we know about almost every branch of science, the existence of Bigfoot doesn't violate the laws of physics, doesn't violate the laws of chemistry, it just seems to violate some of what we know about biology. Why is it that Christians believe claims that have overwhelming, almost conclusive evidence against them, and very weak circumstantial historical evidence for them, but they don't believe claims that at least have physical evidence at hand for contemplation….like Bigfoot?

Furthermore, unlike the resurrection, which is thinly supported by the copy of the translation of the copy of the translation of multiple layers of verbal hearsay by anonymous sources, and zero eyewitnesses, the existence of Bigfoot is supported by direct eyewitnesses alive today, with names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. (Bigfoot – 1)There are pictures and even fuzzy videos to analyze of Bigfoot loping through the forest. (Bigfoot – 2) In fact, since 70% of Americans are infected with some strain of Christian delusion, odds are the majority of these witnesses would be Christians….are you going to tell me one Christian would disbelieve another Christian who would vow they have seen, heard, and smelled bigfoot? You can go and interview a Bigfoot expert who has seen Bigfoot multiple times, and he will share the first-hand eyewitness testimony with you directly. (Bigfoot – 3) Ah, let me guess, they aren’t “true Christians” right?

It would seem like if you were in the business of believing in magic, supernatural, transcendental theory beings, and other unlikely stuff, and you were going to be consistent rather than biased, there are loads of claims that, though unlikely, are several orders of magnitude more probable than a 30AD flying corpse, zombie invasion and the entire world going dark upon his death…like perhaps the existence of Bigfoot. (Bigfoot – 4)

Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti/Yowie/Almas/skunk Ape/Grassman/Wendigo/Orange Pendeck/Mapingauri/Yeren has been written about, and witnessed for many years WORLDWIDE. It MUST exist then right?

2,000 years from now whatever form of human exists then will inevitably find all of these mentions of bigfoot worldwide, and will certainly exclaim "Bigfoot" existed! He must have, look at the copious amount of worldwide documentation of him.

So let’s tally it up: Jesus – 0, bigfoot – 4. So inductive and deductive reasoning would establish that there is far more evidence for Bigfoot, than Jesus.

Disclaimer: I um...don't believe in Bigfoot either.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
28-06-2016, 06:47 PM
(28-06-2016 06:21 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, I said or was trying to say that Mary didn't mind being obedient and faithful to GOD regardless of circumstance.

What you were trying to say I can't tell. What you said was unsupported. It is good to have that confirmed. Learn to read Pops.

Quote:I don't know what else to get that sort of info on her other than religious texts. And yes, I'm quite aware that the Qur'an is said to have been composed somewhere around the 700ad. She most likely mourned the death of her son.

Using the book to prove the book is pointless, especially when you are using one story to support a claim in another that was written several hundred years earlier.

Quote:You are wrong if you think Islam doesn't consider Jesus/ Isa as the messiah.

Islam considers Jesus to be a prophet, not the messiah. They are not the same thing.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
28-06-2016, 06:50 PM
(28-06-2016 06:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That was just a way to say that posting scripture seems to be really offending some.

Posting scripture isn't offensive, just pointless. You need to provide evidence for your claims and quotes from storybooks doesn't cut it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
28-06-2016, 06:54 PM
(28-06-2016 06:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That was just a way to say that posting scripture seems to be really offending some.

It's not offending, it's just meaningless. Most of us have read it, most of us don't think the bible is a believable book.

So, do you think that people can be good without god?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
28-06-2016, 07:02 PM
(28-06-2016 06:44 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 08:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Nonsensical; the first faith started from somewhere and it wasn't based on previous faith.

Based on that genius level for reasons to believe dumbshit, I suppose you MUST also believe in bigfoot right? I mean there have been stories for centuries about a big-ape-man in multiple cultures on multiple continents, and millions of people believe in bigfoot. Let's take a look and do a compare and contrast...

It has long amused me that Christians have no qualms admitting that they believe in Jesus, even though there is zero evidence for the magical, miracle-performing, zombie invasion causing, son of a mythical god Jesus, but don't believe in Bigfoot. Perhaps a physical man named Jesus existed, in fact, many men named Jesus existed, and maybe even one of them was a self-professed messiah, who claimed to be the son of god….many people over time have claimed that very same thing…all discredited.

Know what doesn’t exist? Evidence that a single person who ever wrote about Jesus, actually knew him, met him, or witnessed his miracles. ZERO. Contemplate on that for a moment. I have asserted that fact for quite awhile now, as most of you know, and proven it to an exhaustive degree. Now, the question I have is why can people easily believe the Jesus fairy tale, yet dismiss stories of aliens, fairies, or even bigfoot? I wonder if they understand that there is far more evidence for Bigfoot than Jesus. In fact, since there exists no credible eyewitness testimony or contemporary evidence for the magical Jesus, by anyone who knew him, one would assume Bigfoot wins the compare and contrast hands down. (Jesus – 0.)

How about Bigfoot? Unlike the resurrection, which violates absolutely everything we know about almost every branch of science, the existence of Bigfoot doesn't violate the laws of physics, doesn't violate the laws of chemistry, it just seems to violate some of what we know about biology. Why is it that Christians believe claims that have overwhelming, almost conclusive evidence against them, and very weak circumstantial historical evidence for them, but they don't believe claims that at least have physical evidence at hand for contemplation….like Bigfoot?

Furthermore, unlike the resurrection, which is thinly supported by the copy of the translation of the copy of the translation of multiple layers of verbal hearsay by anonymous sources, and zero eyewitnesses, the existence of Bigfoot is supported by direct eyewitnesses alive today, with names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. (Bigfoot – 1)There are pictures and even fuzzy videos to analyze of Bigfoot loping through the forest. (Bigfoot – 2) In fact, since 70% of Americans are infected with some strain of Christian delusion, odds are the majority of these witnesses would be Christians….are you going to tell me one Christian would disbelieve another Christian who would vow they have seen, heard, and smelled bigfoot? You can go and interview a Bigfoot expert who has seen Bigfoot multiple times, and he will share the first-hand eyewitness testimony with you directly. (Bigfoot – 3) Ah, let me guess, they aren’t “true Christians” right?

It would seem like if you were in the business of believing in magic, supernatural, transcendental theory beings, and other unlikely stuff, and you were going to be consistent rather than biased, there are loads of claims that, though unlikely, are several orders of magnitude more probable than a 30AD flying corpse, zombie invasion and the entire world going dark upon his death…like perhaps the existence of Bigfoot. (Bigfoot – 4)

Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti/Yowie/Almas/skunk Ape/Grassman/Wendigo/Orange Pendeck/Mapingauri/Yeren has been written about, and witnessed for many years WORLDWIDE. It MUST exist then right?

2,000 years from now whatever form of human exists then will inevitably find all of these mentions of bigfoot worldwide, and will certainly exclaim "Bigfoot" existed! He must have, look at the copious amount of worldwide documentation of him.

So let’s tally it up: Jesus – 0, bigfoot – 4. So inductive and deductive reasoning would establish that there is far more evidence for Bigfoot, than Jesus.

Disclaimer: I um...don't believe in Bigfoot either.

When I was about 6 or 7 we visited my grandfather at One sided Lake in Ontario Canada. He showed me a cave where he believed that a family of Big foots (Big feet0 lived when he was younger. He even told me that years ago he had seen them skinning a deer with a stone implement so he gave them a metal knife and when he was near there later they presented him with a huge chunk of deer meat for the knife. I am certain that he actually believed it. My father being a Bible beating Christian I never told him what his father had shared with me. But I would be more inclined to believe in Big Foot that Haysus from the Bible.
28-06-2016, 07:03 PM
(28-06-2016 06:50 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

Posting scripture isn't offensive, just pointless. You need to provide evidence for your claims and quotes from storybooks doesn't cut it.

Posting scripture that is poorly interpreted can be offensive sometimes. Especially when there's willful ignorance at play.
28-06-2016, 07:22 PM
(28-06-2016 07:03 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 06:50 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Posting scripture isn't offensive, just pointless. You need to provide evidence for your claims and quotes from storybooks doesn't cut it.

Posting scripture that is poorly interpreted can be offensive sometimes. Especially when there's willful ignorance at play.
Willful ignorance of what?