Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2016, 08:50 PM
RE: Christian with a question....
(28-06-2016 08:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 07:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Willful ignorance of what?

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Willful ignorance like when Christians post bible quotes that have been taken out of context or have been deliberately mistranslated to push a Jesus-agenda.
Oh.

I see this a lot actually. That is why, generally I Will post much more than. One verse, when attempting to defend a point.

I actually like it when it happens, because it is really easy to show when it is done, and to correct it.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2016, 08:52 PM
(28-06-2016 07:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 06:44 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Based on that genius level for reasons to believe dumbshit, I suppose you MUST also believe in bigfoot right? I mean there have been stories for centuries about a big-ape-man in multiple cultures on multiple continents, and millions of people believe in bigfoot. Let's take a look and do a compare and contrast...

It has long amused me that Christians have no qualms admitting that they believe in Jesus, even though there is zero evidence for the magical, miracle-performing, zombie invasion causing, son of a mythical god Jesus, but don't believe in Bigfoot. Perhaps a physical man named Jesus existed, in fact, many men named Jesus existed, and maybe even one of them was a self-professed messiah, who claimed to be the son of god….many people over time have claimed that very same thing…all discredited.

Know what doesn’t exist? Evidence that a single person who ever wrote about Jesus, actually knew him, met him, or witnessed his miracles. ZERO. Contemplate on that for a moment. I have asserted that fact for quite awhile now, as most of you know, and proven it to an exhaustive degree. Now, the question I have is why can people easily believe the Jesus fairy tale, yet dismiss stories of aliens, fairies, or even bigfoot? I wonder if they understand that there is far more evidence for Bigfoot than Jesus. In fact, since there exists no credible eyewitness testimony or contemporary evidence for the magical Jesus, by anyone who knew him, one would assume Bigfoot wins the compare and contrast hands down. (Jesus – 0.)

How about Bigfoot? Unlike the resurrection, which violates absolutely everything we know about almost every branch of science, the existence of Bigfoot doesn't violate the laws of physics, doesn't violate the laws of chemistry, it just seems to violate some of what we know about biology. Why is it that Christians believe claims that have overwhelming, almost conclusive evidence against them, and very weak circumstantial historical evidence for them, but they don't believe claims that at least have physical evidence at hand for contemplation….like Bigfoot?

Furthermore, unlike the resurrection, which is thinly supported by the copy of the translation of the copy of the translation of multiple layers of verbal hearsay by anonymous sources, and zero eyewitnesses, the existence of Bigfoot is supported by direct eyewitnesses alive today, with names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. (Bigfoot – 1)There are pictures and even fuzzy videos to analyze of Bigfoot loping through the forest. (Bigfoot – 2) In fact, since 70% of Americans are infected with some strain of Christian delusion, odds are the majority of these witnesses would be Christians….are you going to tell me one Christian would disbelieve another Christian who would vow they have seen, heard, and smelled bigfoot? You can go and interview a Bigfoot expert who has seen Bigfoot multiple times, and he will share the first-hand eyewitness testimony with you directly. (Bigfoot – 3) Ah, let me guess, they aren’t “true Christians” right?

It would seem like if you were in the business of believing in magic, supernatural, transcendental theory beings, and other unlikely stuff, and you were going to be consistent rather than biased, there are loads of claims that, though unlikely, are several orders of magnitude more probable than a 30AD flying corpse, zombie invasion and the entire world going dark upon his death…like perhaps the existence of Bigfoot. (Bigfoot – 4)

Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti/Yowie/Almas/skunk Ape/Grassman/Wendigo/Orange Pendeck/Mapingauri/Yeren has been written about, and witnessed for many years WORLDWIDE. It MUST exist then right?

2,000 years from now whatever form of human exists then will inevitably find all of these mentions of bigfoot worldwide, and will certainly exclaim "Bigfoot" existed! He must have, look at the copious amount of worldwide documentation of him.

So let’s tally it up: Jesus – 0, bigfoot – 4. So inductive and deductive reasoning would establish that there is far more evidence for Bigfoot, than Jesus.

Disclaimer: I um...don't believe in Bigfoot either.
I'm not reading that.

It starts with you assuming my faith comes from a book, and surely goes on to mock me and what I hold to be true for very real, personal reasons, by equating them to some tall tale or myth.

I can deal with people saying what happened to me was a delusion, though I know it was not. What I won't be entertaining is the idea that my initial faith was the product of the bible or any other book, for that matter.

When I say I was an fn atheist, that's what I mean.....now put some thought into it....how many atheists can you imagine converting based on reading the bible...as atheists? How many atheists would go into some huge gathering hall called a church, listen to music/praise/preaching that makes little sense along with any amount of error added in for abject reasons,(not that all churches are that way) and come out faithful to GOD( as in the singular creative benevolent force behind existence)?

All you are doing is defining your own personal god, this is something us silly primates do constantly and it is not impressive in the least.

Get past your primate brain and reject the silly simian tendency to find patterns that aren't there, to find significance in insignificant and erroneous emotional responses from our primate brains.

Swing down from the branches and walk upright, not bowing to any imaginary gods.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
28-06-2016, 08:54 PM
(28-06-2016 08:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 08:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Willful ignorance like when Christians post bible quotes that have been taken out of context or have been deliberately mistranslated to push a Jesus-agenda.

You don't really think pops comprehended any of that do you?
I got it!
For real. I see it all the time and call it out. Recently, more so with proclaimed Christians, than here.

[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post
28-06-2016, 09:06 PM
(28-06-2016 08:54 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 08:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You don't really think pops comprehended any of that do you?
I got it!
For real. I see it all the time and call it out. Recently, more so with proclaimed Christians, than here.

Thumbsup

#sigh
28-06-2016, 09:08 PM
(28-06-2016 08:49 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 06:21 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You are wrong if you think Islam doesn't consider Jesus/ Isa as the messiah.

Patently false Pop's. In islam he is considered a prophet. Not a messiah.

This is like saying 1+1= an orange.

It's not?!
28-06-2016, 09:11 PM
(28-06-2016 08:54 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 08:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You don't really think pops comprehended any of that do you?
I got it!

Awesome! So you and I can join forces and correct people's misconceptions about Christianity! There's no reason for people to believe in Jesus -in fact, Jesus is detrimental to your spiritual well-being due to it's idolatrous nature. Together, we'll explain to people that a belief in G-d is not essential to one's eternal soul and that the Torah doesn't apply to anyone but the Jews anyway. -And that even then, failure to keep every single Torah law doesn't impact your eternal soul.

Venture forth with me, Pops, and we'll squash Christianity and expose it for the harmful, deceitful religion that it is!
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
28-06-2016, 09:12 PM
(28-06-2016 09:08 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 08:49 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Patently false Pop's. In islam he is considered a prophet. Not a messiah.

This is like saying 1+1= an orange.

It's not?!

Well you can cut an orange in two. Smile

I just had a great one and cut it into ten pieces. Big orange. Wink
Then a banana. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-06-2016, 09:24 PM
(28-06-2016 08:52 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 07:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm not reading that.

It starts with you assuming my faith comes from a book, and surely goes on to mock me and what I hold to be true for very real, personal reasons, by equating them to some tall tale or myth.

I can deal with people saying what happened to me was a delusion, though I know it was not. What I won't be entertaining is the idea that my initial faith was the product of the bible or any other book, for that matter.

When I say I was an fn atheist, that's what I mean.....now put some thought into it....how many atheists can you imagine converting based on reading the bible...as atheists? How many atheists would go into some huge gathering hall called a church, listen to music/praise/preaching that makes little sense along with any amount of error added in for abject reasons,(not that all churches are that way) and come out faithful to GOD( as in the singular creative benevolent force behind existence)?

All you are doing is defining your own personal god, this is something us silly primates do constantly and it is not impressive in the least.

Get past your primate brain and reject the silly simian tendency to find patterns that aren't there, to find significance in insignificant and erroneous emotional responses from our primate brains.

Swing down from the branches and walk upright, not bowing to any imaginary gods.
I know to you, you are serious, but to me it just comes off as cute or whimsical. I've been there. Though I said earlier that one doesn't need GOD per say, to be a good person, that isn't the case for me. Yeah, that's me that gets referred to as psychotic, attempted murderer with anger issues, remember. Probably my longest line of reasoning while atheist was that I had all power to do as I saw fit within moral obligation. That shit didn't work. As bad as it sounds; I think, by now, 5years after the fact, I would have really attempted to seriously hurt someone or multiple people. But even more realistically, I most likely really would have ended my own life. I really was in a low low place for years. You do make a valid point though. Free will, basically. And it goes back to what I already know from experience; one can know what ought to be done, yet still not be able to do it. Interesting though, that you would bring it up.

This test, it seems, won't be miraculously passed without real effort. I will always have faith in GOD since I was 30. But it seems that if I don't find a way to reciprocate that faith back towards me then literally all may be in vain. It is strange how things repeat themselves. It is odd how though I was quite literally saved in my weakness. Here it comes back around the bend for round two.

I know not to fear anything. And externally, I don't. At a glance, internally I don't either, as I have dwelled with the worst of me quite comfortably. But then I reflect a little more and recall two things.

1) I've never really finished anything.

2)I've never really been completely alone for an extended period of time relationship wise.

Are these things I fear secretly even from myself?

I think so.

I can't have that. Gotta face them. So yeah, that a part of where I'm at right now. Maybe too personal, but whatever. Sorry of I'm off topic.

Peace

28-06-2016, 09:25 PM
What kind of hooey is going on here?
28-06-2016, 09:29 PM
(28-06-2016 09:25 PM)Foxen Wrote:  What kind of hooey is going on here?

The bad kind.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze