Christian with a question....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2016, 01:04 AM
RE: Christian with a question....
(28-06-2016 06:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 08:58 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Thank you for your honest reply.

So you do think that

1 stoning unruly children
2 not wearing mixed fabric
3 not eating shellfish
4 marrying your rapist or rape victim (depends on your point of view)
5 not picking up sticks on sabbath
6 having another human being for property, that you can pass on to your children according to Exodus 21
7 and many other senseless and/or immoral rules and habits of the OT

is appropriate? Because i dont remember that the NT ever spoke against those things.
No, and I said it wasn't an exhaustive list. Also, I only went through about one book of scripture with the specific purpose of pointing out Jesus not agreeing with the Jew. In fact most of the things you said are similar to what I said in my opinion, only stated differently. I will keep an eye out for similar verses to what I posted and perhaps record them, but I don't think I'll post them here. It isn't getting too much fanfare.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Then, how (method) do you determine what other passages of the OT should be thrown out and what passages are still valid today?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2016, 05:25 AM
(29-06-2016 12:11 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 10:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't even know what a fundamentalist is. Time for Google I guess.

Wt....

I am so not a fundamentalist.

Was that sarcasm? Or a joke?

Please tell me you aren't serious.

No sarcasm. It was a direct point made to your tendency to become angry and threatening towards those that disagree with your unsubstantiated bullshit.

It's the biggest reason why I find you to be a little bitch.
I think I threatened one person here over 6 months ago, and it wasn't because they didn't agree with me. And really it wasn't a threat.

What does falsely classing someone as something they aren't (a fundamentalist) have to do with anger or threats or being a female dog?

You aren't making too much sense. Watch that or people might start calling you pops.

Peace

29-06-2016, 05:28 AM
(29-06-2016 01:04 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 06:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, and I said it wasn't an exhaustive list. Also, I only went through about one book of scripture with the specific purpose of pointing out Jesus not agreeing with the Jew. In fact most of the things you said are similar to what I said in my opinion, only stated differently. I will keep an eye out for similar verses to what I posted and perhaps record them, but I don't think I'll post them here. It isn't getting too much fanfare.

Then, how (method) do you determine what other passages of the OT should be thrown out and what passages are still valid today?
I'll have to get to this in a while. I have to husk butt to return some power tools I rented, before they stick me with an additional charge.

If I don't get to a reply (a real one) within about 12 hours, then remind me. My memory sucks sometimes.

29-06-2016, 05:38 AM
(28-06-2016 07:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm not reading that.

That's to be expected. You wouldn't understand it if you did.

Quote:I can deal with people saying what happened to me was a delusion, though I know it was not.

You KNOW nothing of the sort, You believe it was real but that could easily be part of the delusion. You have zero evidence that what you claim to have experienced was anything other than a psychotic episode. Given your admitted history, that makes FAR more sense.

You need help Pops. Get some.

(29-06-2016 05:28 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'll have to get to this in a while. I have to husk butt to return some power tools I rented, before they stick me with an additional charge.

The thought that you are allowed to handle power tools is frightening.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
29-06-2016, 06:24 AM
(29-06-2016 05:28 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 01:04 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Then, how (method) do you determine what other passages of the OT should be thrown out and what passages are still valid today?
I'll have to get to this in a while. I have to husk butt to return some power tools I rented, before they stick me with an additional charge.

If I don't get to a reply (a real one) within about 12 hours, then remind me. My memory sucks sometimes.

No problem. I dont consider myself being the most important thing in other peoples lives. Big Grin

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
29-06-2016, 07:01 AM
(29-06-2016 05:25 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I think I threatened one person here over 6 months ago, and it wasn't because they didn't agree with me. And really it wasn't a threat.

Self-awareness level: 0.

Do you even read what you type?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post