ChristianTingle.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2015, 05:46 AM
RE: ChristianTingle.com
(22-06-2015 07:06 PM)cactus Wrote:  ^ I've heard all of those things from people in my old youth group. I've probably even said some of it. FMPL Facepalm

I'm glad I've only actually heard about a quarter of those in real life.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2015, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2015 07:19 AM by god has no twitter account.)
I'm still chuckling.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
23-06-2015, 07:00 AM
(23-06-2015 05:46 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(22-06-2015 07:06 PM)cactus Wrote:  ^ I've heard all of those things from people in my old youth group. I've probably even said some of it. FMPL Facepalm

I've heard of a majority of them, all from the mouths of guys or gals who would be getting drunk, high and looking to get laid on Friday and Saturday night, then spitting out shit like that the rest of the week.
23-06-2015, 07:09 AM
(23-06-2015 05:46 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

Well shut the front door, I've heard alllll of them, gosh darnit!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
23-06-2015, 07:21 AM
(22-06-2015 06:22 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  This one is good too.....

Hilarious. I hear these things all the time. My wife always says "for the love...." or "for the love of pete".

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
23-06-2015, 07:47 AM
(22-06-2015 02:36 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  If you're an ex-believer you can understand the hilarity of these videos.

As somebody who never believed, and who grew up in a relatively secular area, it is hard to wrap my brain around the idea that people actually say things like those videos.

For those of you that experienced this, what percent of people that talk the talk actually walk the walk? It seems like comments indicate that many find ways to get around much of it or are just complete hypocrites.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
23-06-2015, 09:20 AM
(23-06-2015 07:47 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-06-2015 02:36 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  If you're an ex-believer you can understand the hilarity of these videos.

As somebody who never believed, and who grew up in a relatively secular area, it is hard to wrap my brain around the idea that people actually say things like those videos.

For those of you that experienced this, what percent of people that talk the talk actually walk the walk? It seems like comments indicate that many find ways to get around much of it or are just complete hypocrites.

I can only speak to the local area of small towns around me but the overwhelming majority of the population here are "talk" (proclaiming to be Christian) and I can count on one hand the number of people who "walk" (practice what they preach).
23-06-2015, 09:56 AM
(23-06-2015 07:47 AM)unfogged Wrote:  

The percentage of people really walking the walk is small, but the ones who can't feel very guilty about it. So they overcompensate in other ways.
It's hard for many of us, I think, to make the connection, "I can't do this, therefore there is something wrong with the system." More often, we think "I can't do this, therefore there is something wrong with me."
23-06-2015, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2015 01:08 PM by Clockwork.)
ChristianTingle.com
Didn't like the third one, but loved the first two. And yes people do talk like that. Someone dared me to go on a singles site a long, long time ago.

Local woman popped up. She loved Jesus, didn't read anything except the Bible, didn't watch TV, didn't like movies, no newspaper, and the most important people were Jesus and her son (who I suspected was out of wedlock).

So... yeah.

"Aren't you supposed to be washing the dishes?"
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
23-06-2015, 11:55 AM
My sister in law, who is a serious baptist christian, trolled on Christiantingle.com after he second divorce and had zero luck meeting anyone special. She then signed up on the dating site for folks over 50 years old and found her third husband within two weeks - go figure.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —