ChristianTingle.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2015, 02:51 PM
RE: ChristianTingle.com
(23-06-2015 09:20 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  For those of you that experienced this, what percent of people that talk the talk actually walk the walk? It seems like comments indicate that many find ways to get around much of it or are just complete hypocrites.

Ummm..absolute 0? No one can walk the walk because the bar is set so high we must have grace, unmerited favor, to get us through. Weeping Facepalm *note sarcasm*

**Crickets** -- God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Tonechaser77's post
23-06-2015, 03:21 PM
(23-06-2015 07:47 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-06-2015 02:36 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  If you're an ex-believer you can understand the hilarity of these videos.

As somebody who never believed, and who grew up in a relatively secular area, it is hard to wrap my brain around the idea that people actually say things like those videos.

For those of you that experienced this, what percent of people that talk the talk actually walk the walk? It seems like comments indicate that many find ways to get around much of it or are just complete hypocrites.

I totally talked the talk Sunday morning and with the elders. Ha! Still do, but much more difficult these days - I don't curse at church. I'll also say obligatory god is good kinda shit, it's in his hands/plan/whatthefuckever the person wants to hear so I can change the topic and move on.

As a teen my walking the walk was developing um skills (wink wink nudge nudge)...in other um areas than the sex. And trying not to let my hangover show Tongue That falls in line with the be in the world but not of the world BS lines when people would inquire about my questionable extracurricular activities/friends/parties.

My main effort towards walking the walk was to do my best to be kind to everyone. I still try to do that - but my bullshit tolerance threshold is certainly much lower these days.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
24-06-2015, 03:53 AM
"The Father, the Son and ChritianTingle" - They've created a whole new trinity. Laugh out load

Are these real couples trying to be funny or is it some kind of comedy parody? I ask because I'm British and these are the kind of things I'd expect to see on a comedy sketch show.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
24-06-2015, 11:15 AM
(24-06-2015 03:53 AM)Eva Wrote:  "The Father, the Son and ChritianTingle" - They've created a whole new trinity. Laugh out load

Are these real couples trying to be funny or is it some kind of comedy parody? I ask because I'm British and these are the kind of things I'd expect to see on a comedy sketch show.

It's parody. It's completely making fun of stupid American Christians, ChristianMingle.com, and the vocabulary of the "cool Christian".

America was a badass country but we took a turn for the worse somewhere after WW2 and we really fell into the turd pond after 9/11.
24-06-2015, 11:31 AM
(24-06-2015 11:15 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  
(24-06-2015 03:53 AM)Eva Wrote:  "The Father, the Son and ChritianTingle" - They've created a whole new trinity. Laugh out load

It's parody. It's completely making fun of stupid American Christians, ChristianMingle.com, and the vocabulary of the "cool Christian".

America was a badass country but we took a turn for the worse somewhere after WW2 and we really fell into the turd pond after 9/11.

Yes, the irony is that they are parodies but they are not a far cry from the way christian couples live their lives. There is a ridiculousness to them but only because they are so true. Big Grin

**Crickets** -- God
24-06-2015, 12:14 PM
(24-06-2015 11:31 AM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  
(24-06-2015 11:15 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  It's parody. It's completely making fun of stupid American Christians, ChristianMingle.com, and the vocabulary of the "cool Christian".

Yes, the irony is that they are parodies but they are not a far cry from the way christian couples live their lives. There is a ridiculousness to them but only because they are so true. Big Grin

If I couldn't find a way to laugh at it I'd probably suffer from regular rage induced blackouts where I went on rampaging assaults on the religious hypocrites.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
24-06-2015, 01:34 PM
(22-06-2015 03:28 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  due to my slow internet connection - youtube stuff is too painfully slow to watch....

But, I'm betting that "Christian Tingle" is like "Jesus came along on the booty call"....

or something along those lines...

Jesus knows who you should diddle.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
24-06-2015, 02:05 PM
"But do you diddle with Jesus in the middle"?

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-06-2015, 11:53 AM
I don't see the humor, they are just really fucking creepy.

Are these suppose to be satire? Please tell me these creepy ass fucking people are satire!?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
26-06-2015, 10:28 PM
(25-06-2015 11:53 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I don't see the humor, they are just really fucking creepy.

Are these suppose to be satire? Please tell me these creepy ass fucking people are satire!?

Yes, but there actually is a dating site called Christian MINGLE, and it has the slogan "find god's perfect match for you". The first video really isn't far off the mark at all. Extreme fundamentalists are really into purity. Not only are you supposed to save sex for marriage, but some save their first kiss, or even hand holding for marriage. The most extreme example is probably the Duggar family (19 Kids and Counting people who were recently outed in a molestation scandal). They practice courtship, which means the parents must approve potential suitors, and the courting couple has a chaperone at all times. Even text messages and phone conversations are monitored by the parents. These aren't 15 year old going on their first dates. They are young adults who can't kiss their sig. other until the wedding day. Check out this video clip at the 2:04 mark. Dad is chaperoning a date between his 20 something daughter and her boyfriend. Dad physically inserts himself between the 2 adults when the guy puts his hand on the daughter's back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQiLTr5Vem8