Christianforums.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Christianforums.com
I think I am not going to go back there after a last string of Q & A. I went for numerous reasons initially, not the least of which was just to debate with theists. I stuck around to learn about theists, Christians in particular. What I have learned however, has not been particularly comforting and unfortunately, also not that surprising.

The level of dishonesty is really quite astounding and the pseduointellectualsim coupled with the anti-science mentality is staggering. Not surprising mind you, but no less frustrating and infuriating.

My account is still active and I know there are at least a few members here on there as well. We could share links to some of our conversations if interested.

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2013, 07:18 AM
RE: Christianforums.com
Share away.

I get bored with it too.
Similar reasons: Just the usual delusions, confirmation bias etc.

The only interesting comments are the ones from atheists.

Or is that just confirmation bias on my part?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
07-08-2013, 07:20 AM
http://www.christianforums.com/t7759844/

This entire thread is basically the bit that kind of pushed me over the edge.

Evolve
07-08-2013, 07:41 AM
I didn't have the stamina to read it all.

I thought you got some quite articulate responses though.

Not too shabby.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
07-08-2013, 08:47 AM
I got halfway down the first page before I closed it. I had forgotten how painful tha site was to look at. There is literally crap everywhere. It's hard to see who's saying what at times.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
07-08-2013, 08:50 AM
(07-08-2013 08:47 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I got halfway down the first page before I closed it. I had forgotten how painful tha site was to look at. There is literally crap everywhere. It's hard to see who's saying what at times.

No kidding. The site is a travesty in and of itself.

The first person to come in and converse with me on that thread, later spends time telling me what I really believe and what my motiations really were. I was amused but also infuriated by the intellectual dishonesty.

Evolve
07-08-2013, 12:45 PM
It's strange, the Christians appear to be more snobby than the Atheists. Maybe it's due to all the Bible verses they throw in all the time. Exodus 20:3-17 over here, Matthew 5:8 over there.
10-08-2013, 08:15 PM
(07-08-2013 07:12 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I think I am not going to go back there after a last string of Q & A. I went for numerous reasons initially, not the least of which was just to debate with theists. I stuck around to learn about theists, Christians in particular. What I have learned however, has not been particularly comforting and unfortunately, also not that surprising.

The level of dishonesty is really quite astounding and the pseduointellectualsim coupled with the anti-science mentality is staggering. Not surprising mind you, but no less frustrating and infuriating.

My account is still active and I know there are at least a few members here on there as well. We could share links to some of our conversations if interested.

Have you run across AV1611VET yet? The man's grasp of history, science, and logic is truly astounding, I believe this is a direct quote of his; "
If your original Hebrew disagrees with my original King James --- your original Hebrew is wrong. If your original Hebrew agrees with my original King James, your original Hebrew is right."

Not to mention his user title is "SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE".

I Will have My revenge on AlternateHistory.com, in this life or the next Evil_monster

~WrappedInShadows (AKA Me)
[+] 1 user Likes TheLastEnemy's post
10-08-2013, 11:32 PM
I have bad experience of that forum too.
But it could be how I behaved I can be rather stubborn.
Maybe only extreme fundies are motivated to be active there?
10-08-2013, 11:49 PM
(07-08-2013 12:45 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  It's strange, the Christians appear to be more snobby than the Atheists. Maybe it's due to all the Bible verses they throw in all the time. Exodus 20:3-17 over here, Matthew 5:8 over there.

That's what happens when you con yourself into believing that you a special invisible friend in the sky who can do anything.