Christianity IS insanity!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2016, 07:21 AM
RE: Christianity IS insanity!
(26-08-2016 08:01 PM)highrigger Wrote:  Perhaps you just do not understand those spiritual terms. I am happy to explain any of those if you would like me to.

First please explain "spiritual terms" as it is a meaningless phrase to me.

Quote:For example the hate ones parents phrase simply means that we put Jesus before anything else in our life.

Yes, that is the common interpretation. It's a shame that it isn't what the book actually says and that the text couldn't be clearer.

Quote:I can understand if you cannot do that. Many cannot. But it is not insanity. It is just another way of teaching Gods Law, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and strength.

Why is your god such a needy, petty, vain character? Demanding love at the expense of others is not admirable. Demanding love under threat of torture is not admirable. Demanding love is itself not admirable. If there was any good reason to believe that this character existed it would have to be opposed on moral grounds as a despicable tyrant. Luckily that isn't the case.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
27-08-2016, 08:08 AM
[Image: 18310.jpg]

Victoria Martens had big plans to celebrate her 10th birthday.
After she returned to her Albuquerque, New Mexico, home from school Wednesday, she was going to indulge in cake, manicures and pedicures with her godmother — the perfect day for a little girl.
Instead, police say Victoria endured unspeakable horrors at the hands of her own mother, her mother’s boyfriend and the man’s cousin, who have been charged in connection to her brutal torture and slaying.

Victoria’s mother, Michelle Martens, 35, allegedly stood by as her boyfriend, Fabian Gonzales, 31, and his cousin Jessica Kelley, 31, injected the child with methamphetamine “to calm her down” so they could both sexually assault her, according to a criminal complaint obtained by the Albuquerque Journal.

After the pair assaulted Victoria, Gonzales allegedly strangled her and Kelley stabbed her, the criminal complaint said.
The pair then allegedly dismembered the child’s body.

Officers with the Albuquerque Police Department found her burning remains half-wrapped in a blanket in the bathtub of Martens’ apartment near Golf Course and Irving at about 4:30 a.m., authorities said.
Other parts of Victoria’s body were left in a plastic bag in a laundry hamper. Her bedroom floor was stained with blood.

Thank you jesus for watching this little girl get raped by your future servants.
Thank you holy spook for watching it all happen without intervention.
Thank you father for being near to help watch over the dismemberment.
Thank you god for being a witness to this crime and standing by apathetically.
Sing along now;
Our God is an awful god
He sits calmly by watching child torture
He could care less about children
Our God is an awful god.

@TheRealAntichrist
28-08-2016, 01:55 PM
(26-08-2016 11:36 AM)johnnybrooks Wrote:  Christianity is insane!
It requires christians to disregard the commandments and to cast away every shred of human decency and common sense:
“Honor your father and your mother" Exodus 20:12 (one of the ten commandments)
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, he cannot be my disciple." Jesus
"I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother" Jesus

Hear, my son, your father's instruction, and forsake not your mother's teaching, Proverbs 1:8
"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me" Jesus

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Psalm 127:3
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his children, he cannot be my disciple." Jesus
"anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." Jesus

“Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. From now on there will be five in one family divided against one another, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother in law against daughter in law and daughter in law against mother in law.” (Luke 12:50-53)

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. A mans enemies will be the members of his own household. Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters, yes, even his own life, he cannot be my disciple."
Jesus in Luke 14 and Matthew 10

If anyone comes to me and does not hate their father
If anyone comes to me and does not hate their mother
If anyone comes to me and does not hate their wife
hate their children
hate their brothers
hate their sisters
hate their own life
hate their self
they cannot be my disciple
(they cannot be saved).

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own life—he cannot be my disciple."

jesus is saying that unless we hate our LIFE we cannot be saved. Our LIFE is: Our family, our home, our pets, our job, our motorcycle, our beds, our food, our vehicles, our friends, our EVERYTHING!

Jesus the megalomaniacal narcissist wants us to love him more than our own lives! He wants us to love someone who never talks to us and who never answers us, someone we cannot see and who never shows up to any church or place of worship.

Lie after lie.
Deceptions heaped one upon another.
This is christianity and its inevitable offspring; islam.

No thank you jesus.
No thanks allah.
Please join jupiter, apollo, zeus, posiedon, and all the other artificial gods of history and just disappear and be forgotten.
JohnnyJacksonBrooks

Perhaps he's being ironic.
29-08-2016, 07:56 AM
(26-08-2016 05:49 PM)johnnybrooks Wrote:  [Image: UNILAD-donald-trump-bible6.jpg]

Such a clear photoshop. We all know that Trump only reads The Art Of The Deal.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
29-08-2016, 09:00 AM
(26-08-2016 08:01 PM)highrigger Wrote:  Perhaps you just do not understand those spiritual terms. I am happy to explain any of those if you would like me to.

Spiritual terms n. Questionable scripture and iffy theology. The more "spiritual" the terms, the more silly-ass excuses are required to explain them away.

You're welcome. Angel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-08-2016, 09:51 AM
It requires christians to disregard the commandments and to cast away every shred of human decency and common sense:
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, he cannot be my disciple." Jesus
"I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother" Jesus

Hear, my son, your father's instruction, and forsake not your mother's teaching, Proverbs 1:8
"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me" Jesus

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Psalm 127:3
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his children, he cannot be my disciple." Jesus
"anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." Jesus

“Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. From now on there will be five in one family divided against one another, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother in law against daughter in law and daughter in law against mother in law.” (Luke 12:50-53)

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. A mans enemies will be the members of his own household. Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters, yes, even his own life, he cannot be my disciple."

hate their children
hate their brothers
hate their sisters
hate their own life
hate their self
(they cannot be saved).

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own life—he cannot be my disciple."

jesus is saying that unless we hate our LIFE we cannot be saved. Our LIFE is: Our family, our home, our pets, our job, our motorcycle, our beds, our food, our vehicles, our friends, our EVERYTHING!

Jesus the megalomaniacal narcissist wants us to love him more than our own lives! He wants us to love someone who never talks to us and who never answers us, someone we cannot see and who never shows up to any church or place of worship.

Lie after lie.

No thank you jesus.
No thanks allah.
Please join jupiter, apollo, zeus, posiedon, and all the other artificial gods of history and just disappear and be forgotten.
JohnnyJacksonBrooks

So, if your father was like King David and screwed his friend's wife, then sent him to his death, deliberately, and then he had 200 foreskins delivered to his door, you think that by abandoning this religion, and adopting one which says, love they neighbour, this is an abandonment of "every shred" of human decency?

If your parents followed a religion which worshipped the penis, sacrificed children and animals and they were screwing everyone in sight, and the priests were humping children...

So, we are just supposed to do as our parents do and not make our own moral decisions based on a principle of "do unto others as you would have others do unto you"?

Interesting take, you have. Have you actually read the New Testament or are you just making this up as you go along?
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post
31-08-2016, 10:12 AM
(26-08-2016 11:36 AM)johnnybrooks Wrote:  mother in law against daughter in law and daughter in law against mother in law.” (Luke 12:50-53)

Well the Bible got ONE thing right, lol.
31-08-2016, 11:30 AM
(26-08-2016 08:01 PM)highrigger Wrote:  

hate their children
hate their brothers
hate their sisters
hate their own life
hate their self
(they cannot be saved).

Lie after lie.

No thank you jesus.
No thanks allah.
JohnnyJacksonBrooks

johnny,

Perhaps you just do not understand those spiritual terms. I am happy to explain any of those if you would like me to.

For example the hate ones parents phrase simply means that we put Jesus before anything else in our life. I can understand if you cannot do that. Many cannot. But it is not insanity. It is just another way of teaching Gods Law, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and strength.

JohnR

It actually IS insanity. Why in the hell would I pledge my love and support to an invisible entity that I have no proof of actually existing over my family and friends? I've never seen, heard, felt, or otherwise witnessed this god of yours; all I've heard is people like you telling me how awesome and real he is, and an old book that claims he did a lot of shit people witnessed a long time ago but apparently he decided that was too easy so he decided disappearing was a better way to prove himself real for the next couple of thousand of years.
31-08-2016, 12:03 PM
Consider Christianity and Insanity.......the two words rhyme.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
31-08-2016, 12:08 PM
Quote:Almost every war and almost all of the worlds problems are due to the pseudo-morality of these pretentious belief systems.
Religion has always been a superfluous poison to and for the human race and there will never be peace in the world as long as allah, jesus, jehovah and their deluded adherents are in our midst.

Yeayus! Tell the TRUTH brother!Tell it LOUD! Everybody gimme Hallelujah! Worship SlavesWorship SlavesWorship Slaves