Christianity Is Un-American

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2014, 09:27 AM
RE: Christianity Is Un-American
In the past I've been pretty much A-political and center of the spectrum, when it comes to sides.

However as of the past Bush adminitsration, which turned America as a laughing stock, and now with the Tea party fools trying to keep the masses broke and dumb, and not to mention that the repub's are out only for big money/business, I've wandered our towards the left more.

Part of the American culture of feeling suprior to the rest of the world has long been a source of pride in many growing up here. The we're #1, the pledge to the flag in school every morning, the god bless our troops and country, etc.

What gets me is the barely making it money wise rednecks that love this party to death, although most are on SS,SSD, or some other government aid and screaming to get government out of our lives.

I call them the "second amendment" crowd.... the only one that counts (to the repub's).

Tho, dont get me wrong, I agree with patriotism and owning firearms, but theres much more to the greater picture of living in a free, prosperous, healthy country.

I really do love my adopted country and still think it's one of the better place in the world to live. However if this government (which I dont trust) burned down to the ground, I would rejoice in starting over as the original founders had intended.

I'm sure to add a bit to this later, after I get some lunch and a few beers. Exclamation
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
31-01-2014, 09:38 AM
Sorry, I think I went off topic here and didnt really address the question... my mind tends to wander. Blush

I'll try to do better after lunch.... Ciao
31-01-2014, 09:49 AM
(31-01-2014 09:27 AM)War Horse Wrote:  In the past I've been pretty much A-political and center of the spectrum, when it comes to sides.

However as of the past Bush adminitsration, which turned America as a laughing stock, and now with the Tea party fools trying to keep the masses broke and dumb, and not to mention that the repub's are out only for big money/business, I've wandered our towards the left more.

Part of the American culture of feeling suprior to the rest of the world has long been a source of pride in many growing up here. The we're #1, the pledge to the flag in school every morning, the god bless our troops and country, etc.

What gets me is the barely making it money wise rednecks that love this party to death, although most are on SS,SSD, or some other government aid and screaming to get government out of our lives.

I call them the "second amendment" crowd.... the only one that counts (to the repub's).

Tho, dont get me wrong, I agree with patriotism and owning firearms, but theres much more to the greater picture of living in a free, prosperous, healthy country.

I really do love my adopted country and still think it's one of the better place in the world to live. However if this government (which I dont trust) burned down to the ground, I would rejoice in starting over as the original founders had intended.

I'm sure to add a bit to this later, after I get some lunch and a few beers. Exclamation

Your statement got me thinking of this

[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
31-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Whiny

[Image: GrammarNaziTiny.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Trying to insert Christianity into government is not just un-American, it is sedition, if not treason.

It is not legally treason in the U.S., but morally it is.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
31-01-2014, 10:00 AM
(31-01-2014 09:27 AM)War Horse Wrote:  In the past I've been pretty much A-political and center of the spectrum, when it comes to sides.

I keep thinking of this article in New Scientist.

The Maths that saw the US shutdown coming

Quote:Turchin has found what he believes to be historical cycles, two to three centuries long, of political instability and breakdown affecting states and empires from Rome to Russia. In a book he is finishing, he argues that similar cycles are evident in US history, and that they are playing out to this day.

Quote:Workers or employees make up the bulk of any society, with a minority of employers constituting the top few per cent of earners. By mathematically modelling historical data, Turchin finds that as population grows, workers start to outnumber available jobs, driving down wages. The wealthy elite then end up with an even greater share of the economic pie, and inequality soars.

Quote:This process also creates new avenues – such as increased access to higher education – that allow a few workers to join the elite, swelling their ranks. Eventually this results in what Turchin calls "elite overproduction" – there being more people in the elite than there are top jobs. "Then competition starts to get ugly," he says.

Quote:n Turchin's theory, such political acrimony is paralleled by rising discontent among workers left with less and less, and increasing state bankruptcy as spending by the elite who control the government coffers spirals. Ultimately, the situation gets so bad that order cannot be maintained and the state collapses. A new cycle begins.
31-01-2014, 10:45 AM
(31-01-2014 09:38 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Sorry, I think I went off topic here and didnt really address the question... my mind tends to wander. Blush

I'll try to do better after lunch.... Ciao

Dude, it's one on my threads. It's not a debate on definitions of morality or the correct interpretations of ancient Hebrews scripture.

If it doesn't go off topic, I'd be worried.

But just for us non-US-ians / non-adopted US-ians, please be a little more friendly with abbreviations e.g. SS, SSD

(I'm guess SS = Social Security and SSD = Sexually Sustained Disease (or something))

Cheers

31-01-2014, 10:48 AM
(31-01-2014 10:00 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  ...
Quote:n Turchin's theory, such political acrimony is paralleled by rising discontent among workers left with less and less, and increasing state bankruptcy as spending by the elite who control the government coffers spirals. Ultimately, the situation gets so bad that order cannot be maintained and the state collapses. A new cycle begins.

Awesome!

[Image: viva_la_revolucion_wallpaper_by_domigorgon-d4pu6h2.jpg]

31-01-2014, 10:59 AM
(31-01-2014 09:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  So what I've got so far is...

P1. christianty is mutable
P2. Murikanality is mutable

C. christianty = Murikanality

So, to demonstrate that Christianity Is Un-American we need first to demutablise both christianty AND Murikanality.This might be trickier than I thought.

Consider

First off, is "demutablise" a real word ? Not trying to correct, but I'm just a dumb biker, so I'm asking.

Secondly, I think that trying to "demutablise" christianty or the "Murikanality" , would be all but impossible, since both are constantly changing.

Tho the landscape of the American way of life is a toss up of holding on to "the old ways" and trying to out do the rest of the world in what seems to be consumerism and ostentatious, pompous seemingly great lifestyles.

Where as christianty is brutely forcing its way into every aspect of our day to day lives, trying to control the masses.

Maybe its a way to cover for the shame and guilt some of these people feel for the way they live.

The best and only answere is as I stated before, the founding fathers never wanted religion in our government, and we actually started before that as wanting to flee religious persecution from Europe.

Thus christianity is un-American....... Well shit that didnt do it either, really, because it would only apply in the governmental sense...

I dunno, thats the best I got, tho I feel I'm near an epiphany here , but cant put my finger on it yet.
31-01-2014, 11:03 AM
Sorry..... SSD= social security disability

The other (SSD) "sexually sustained desease" you only get in the airport bathrooms from republicans. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post