Christianity > Science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2016, 09:03 PM
RE: Christianity > Science
I seem to recall and I could be wrong about this...but religion heavily influenced science...

And silenced the voices who dared to contradict it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-03-2016, 09:03 PM
(10-03-2016 08:44 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  I just checked the site: They're Jehovah Witnesses. FFS.

That's what I guessed when they talked about blood being the source of life. Thanks for the confirmation.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
11-03-2016, 04:23 PM
(10-03-2016 07:35 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  This is floating around social media right now. I'm way to lazy to destroy it, but I know there are people with too much time on their hands more passion than me on the forum. Go-go gadget atheists!

[Image: e770a08e75c7a8ce40f9c8df8d0e9951.jpg]

Aw they missed one...

Genesis 26:4
I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed...

oh shit, wait a minute, hubble telescope has identified over 400 billion planetary planets/stars in space....there is going to be more than 400 billion christians????? oh dear Norrg.

I would LOVE to debate the parochial, ineducable tyro theist who wrote that OP posted meme.

Flex

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
11-03-2016, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2016 04:50 PM by god has no twitter account.)
(10-03-2016 07:35 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  This is floating around social media right now. I'm way to lazy to destroy it, but I know there are people with too much time on their hands more passion than me on the forum. Go-go gadget atheists!

[Image: e770a08e75c7a8ce40f9c8df8d0e9951.jpg]

The problem is that dumb-as-shit christards believe this and then begin quoting it to other people who are as gullible as they are and, hey presto, they have a movement that believes that the babble is right and science is wrong. Weeping

but man, proud man,
Dress'd in a little brief authority,
Most ignorant of what he's most assur'd—
His glassy essence—like an angry ape
Plays such fantastic tricks before high heaven
As makes the angels weep;Weeping

Shakespeare - Measure for Measure Act 2 Scene 2.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post