Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2016, 02:48 PM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(13-08-2016 10:59 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 10:46 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Hmm, you remind me of a Baptist minister I once knew before I became Catholic. He too, did not believe in the power of prayer.

I believe in power of prayer, I cannot pray.
Can't or won't? The way it was phrased, it seemed to be more of a "won't" from the way it seemed to be hinted to be a waste of time.

(13-08-2016 11:03 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-08-2016 10:59 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  I believe in power of prayer, I cannot pray.

Couldn't you just have someone pray that you could pray for you?

Prayer-ception!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2016, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2016 06:40 PM by pasadi97.)
(13-08-2016 11:40 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  i am very good at prayer, pasadi. i prayed that god gives you the ability to pray better. he told me that he did. so go pray.

I pray better is true buit I lose time and I have not enough time for prayer. Cannot concentrate to start praying. I am amazed to find people with such a gift to prayer on a atheist website. Such people I did not find on a christian website. Congratulations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_the_Tanner

The miracle of moving the mountain[edit]

Simon the Tanner lived toward the end of the tenth century and many Coptic Christians in Egypt were engaged in handicrafts. Saint Simon worked in tanning, a craft known there till this day. This profession involved other crafts that depend on the process, from whence Simon carried several titles related to skins: Tanner, Cobbler, Shoemaker.[1]

According to a traditional story, Caliph al-Muizz, who reigned during 972-975 AD,[2] used to invite religious leaders to debate in his presence. In one of those meetings in which the patriarch Abraham, also known as Pope Abraam, and a Jew named Yaqub ibn Killis (and in another account of this story was known as Moses) were present, Abraham got the upper hand in the debate. Plotting to take revenge, Ibn Killis quoted the verse where Jesus Christ said in Gospel of Matthew: "He replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17:20), and demanded that the Pope prove that his religion is right by means of this. After hearing ibn Killis say this, the caliph asked Abraham "What sayest thou concerning this word? Is it your gospel or not?"[2] The patriarch answered "Yes, it is in it." After hearing Abraham answer, the caliph demanded that this very miracle be performed by Abraham’s hand or else he and all the Copts would be killed by the hand of the sword. It was then after hearing this that the patriarch asked for three days to complete the miracle.[2]

The story continues that Abraham compiled a group of monks, priests and elders. He told them to all stay in the church for three days for a penance. On the morning of the third day, Abraham was praying in the Hanging Church, when he saw Mary, mother of Jesus. The Holy Virgin told him to go to the great market. She said to him, "There thou wilt find a one-eyed man carrying on his shoulder a jar full of water; seize him, for he it is at whose hands this miracle shall be manifested.”[2] Abraham listened to Mary and went to the market where he met the man the Holy Virgin spoke of. The man was Simon the tanner, who had plucked out his eye because of a passage from the Bible: "If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell." (Matthew 5:29-30)

According to the story, Simon told Abraham to go out with his priests and all his people to the mountain with the Caliph and all his soldiers. Simon then told Abraham to cry out "O Lord, have mercy" three times and each time to make the sign of the cross over the mountain.[2] The patriarch followed the words of Simon and the mountain was lifted. After the miracle was performed in the presence of the Caliph, the Pope turned left and right looking for Simon, but he had disappeared and no one could find him. The Caliph turned to Abraham and said "O Patriarch, I have recognized the correctness of your faith."

The story is here too
http://www.saint-mary.net/books/Thedayth...nMoved.pdf

The miracle of moving the mountain happened also at least twice in Eastern orthodox Church and the Author was St Mark and Joachim the PAtriarch of Jerusalem.
Find all posts by this user
13-08-2016, 04:25 PM
(13-08-2016 04:04 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(13-08-2016 11:40 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  i am very good at prayer, pasadi. i prayed that god gives you the ability to pray better. he told me that he did. so go pray.

I pray better is true buit I lose time and I have not enough time for prayer. Cannot concentrate to start praying.

Try praying to Satan he always answers ,You see I can say such things because I know he doesn't exist, you on the other hand my young friend are somewhat hamstrung by a medieval mindset, caught between an imaginary world of good verses evil, crippled by eastern orthodoxy that even you do not fully embrace, as you said yourself you do not pray, if you were a true Christian of whatever denomination you would understand the importance of prayer and would make time for it rather than spending your time in pointless discourse with us heathens.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
13-08-2016, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2016 06:32 PM by pasadi97.)
(12-08-2016 10:45 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 05:29 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Astreja you choosed the wrong fight. Eastern Orthodox Church will resist until the end and gates of hell will not overcome it.

The Orthodox Church will eventually fade away like all other mythologies. In the context of history, I have already won.

There is literally nothing you can do that would make Me join your church. Nothing.

Quote:You'll see that because always will be people needing Heaven. Jesus defends his Church pretty well.

"Jesus" is an almost certainly mythical character. If there ever was such a person, he died nearly 2000 years ago, was thrown into a mass grave by his Roman executioners, rotted away to the bone, and is now somewhere under modern-day Jerusalem. He can't defend or save anyone, not even himself, because he's either imaginary or fucking dead.

Anyhow one of my friends spoke with Jesus in 2012 in a NDE. Jesus is aliove and well. On youtube there are many movies showing encounters with Jesus.
Many testimonies abouyt meetin g Jesus on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkzi0dN83rw
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...eets+jesus

What do you do using the natural elements so that the Universe responds to you?
13-08-2016, 08:19 PM
(13-08-2016 05:10 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Anyhow one of my friends spoke with Jesus in 2012 in a NDE.

Ah, so your friend had a near-death experience accompanied by a hallucination.

Quote: Jesus is aliove and well. On youtube there are many movies showing encounters with Jesus.

I believe all of those YouTube movies to be 100% false, without a single exception.

I also believe that the Jesus described in the Gospels is mythical, and that any real man whom the character was based upon is now dead. People do not come back from the dead, no matter what the Bible says.

Quote:What do you do using the natural elements so that the Universe responds to you?

I start by getting a clear image in My mind of only one thing, in the exact form that I want, and then go off and do other things. I do not pray, and I rarely keep thinking about it; I simply make a very specific, unambiguous and unchanging decision, always using positive language and images ("I want" rather than "I do not want").

Shortly thereafter (usually within a few days) I'm presented with an opportunity to get what I want. (Sometimes I have to do a small amount of work Myself, but once everything else is in place it's easy and often quite a bit of fun to do that work.)
13-08-2016, 08:37 PM
So let me get this straight. The things I leave I give and get because I got them and gave those things yet though I didn't so by therefore yet receive those things not yet given I am in the givenness thereby on that which receives the the things with which I leave and give.. Damnit quote a another hundred verses please. I'm almost there.
[+] 4 users Like ares's post
13-08-2016, 08:40 PM
(13-08-2016 04:04 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  

I pray better is true buit I lose time and I have not enough time for prayer. Cannot concentrate to start praying. I am amazed to find people with such a gift to prayer on a atheist website. Such people I did not find on a christian website. Congratulations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_the_Tanner

The miracle of moving the mountain[edit]

Simon the Tanner lived toward the end of the tenth century and many Coptic Christians in Egypt were engaged in handicrafts. Saint Simon worked in tanning, a craft known there till this day. This profession involved other crafts that depend on the process, from whence Simon carried several titles related to skins: Tanner, Cobbler, Shoemaker.[1]

According to a traditional story, Caliph al-Muizz, who reigned during 972-975 AD,[2] used to invite religious leaders to debate in his presence. In one of those meetings in which the patriarch Abraham, also known as Pope Abraam, and a Jew named Yaqub ibn Killis (and in another account of this story was known as Moses) were present, Abraham got the upper hand in the debate. Plotting to take revenge, Ibn Killis quoted the verse where Jesus Christ said in Gospel of Matthew: "He replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17:20), and demanded that the Pope prove that his religion is right by means of this. After hearing ibn Killis say this, the caliph asked Abraham "What sayest thou concerning this word? Is it your gospel or not?"[2] The patriarch answered "Yes, it is in it." After hearing Abraham answer, the caliph demanded that this very miracle be performed by Abraham’s hand or else he and all the Copts would be killed by the hand of the sword. It was then after hearing this that the patriarch asked for three days to complete the miracle.[2]

The story continues that Abraham compiled a group of monks, priests and elders. He told them to all stay in the church for three days for a penance. On the morning of the third day, Abraham was praying in the Hanging Church, when he saw Mary, mother of Jesus. The Holy Virgin told him to go to the great market. She said to him, "There thou wilt find a one-eyed man carrying on his shoulder a jar full of water; seize him, for he it is at whose hands this miracle shall be manifested.”[2] Abraham listened to Mary and went to the market where he met the man the Holy Virgin spoke of. The man was Simon the tanner, who had plucked out his eye because of a passage from the Bible: "If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell." (Matthew 5:29-30)

According to the story, Simon told Abraham to go out with his priests and all his people to the mountain with the Caliph and all his soldiers. Simon then told Abraham to cry out "O Lord, have mercy" three times and each time to make the sign of the cross over the mountain.[2] The patriarch followed the words of Simon and the mountain was lifted. After the miracle was performed in the presence of the Caliph, the Pope turned left and right looking for Simon, but he had disappeared and no one could find him. The Caliph turned to Abraham and said "O Patriarch, I have recognized the correctness of your faith."

The story is here too
http://www.saint-mary.net/books/Thedayth...nMoved.pdf

The miracle of moving the mountain happened also at least twice in Eastern orthodox Church and the Author was St Mark and Joachim the PAtriarch of Jerusalem.

Simon the Tanner, a distant relation to George Hamilton. Rolleyes

[Image: Actor_George_Hamilton_posing_with_the_%2...67519).jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
13-08-2016, 09:50 PM
(13-08-2016 08:37 PM)ares Wrote:  So let me get this straight. The things I leave I give and get because I got them and gave those things yet though I didn't so by therefore yet receive those things not yet given I am in the givenness thereby on that which receives the the things with which I leave and give.. Damnit quote a another hundred verses please. I'm almost there.

No Nonononono. The pellet with the poison is in the vessel with the pestle; the flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true.
[+] 5 users Like Astreja's post
14-08-2016, 12:34 AM
(13-08-2016 09:50 PM)Astreja Wrote:  No Nonononono. The pellet with the poison is in the vessel with the pestle; the flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true.
You seem too young to know that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
14-08-2016, 01:10 AM
(14-08-2016 12:34 AM)jabeady Wrote:  You seem too young to know that.

Must be the Æsir genes. I just turned 59 last Sunday.
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post