Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2016, 07:22 PM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(10-07-2016 07:18 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 07:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Sick angels...that's a new one on me.
Demons, devils and so on.

You lack imagination.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
(10-07-2016 07:18 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 07:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Sick angels...that's a new one on me.
Demons, devils and so on.

What, there is more than one devil?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
(10-07-2016 05:53 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  There is also evidence of this in Bible. Apostle Paul asked Christians to pray unceasingly and he said he was taken in the third Heaven. Anyhow I believe you don't believe Bible so it may not matter to you.

Oh my, well I have been a busy bee this week offline, swing by today real quick and what do we have here....another lost theist.

Welcome.

Here are a few irrefutable facts for you to mull over...

No one who EVER wrote of jesus, knew him, not a single person.

The synoptic gospels were pseudonymous works.

The exodus never happened.

Moses was not an actual person.

The OT was written by Judaen priests in 575-550 BCE, not by moses, who didnt exist.

The um...mythical global flood of 2349 BCE never happened.

Why havent you learned what every basic theological student has learned by their sophomore year? Which is the above.

Name one of the "500" witnesses to Jesus's resurrection. Who wrote the synoptic gospels. When was Jesus born? Where did he first reappear post-resurrection? Was it on the road to Emmaus and then in a room in Jerusalem or was it in Galilee? Why did no one at the time mention the zombie invasion (Matthew 27:51-53) or the entire earth going dark from 3-6 pm? (Matthew 27:45, Mark 15:33, Luke 23:44-48 - KJV) Why wait until 40-80 years later to suddenly write it down...seems like an amazing sight like that would have been written down by the literate people in the area at the time...Philo of Alexandria? Nope, never mentioned it, Justus of Galilee? Nope never mentioned it..in fact neither ever mention Jesus either....odd. Was the stone rolled away before the women approached the tomb, or in their presence? Name one author who wrote of Jesus that actually knew him, no, sorry, Paul doesn't qualify as he never met the "earthly Jesus" ..his famous hallucination where he allegedly heard a voice and saw a light on the road to Damascus doesn't count.

Who created the triune concept? When was the triune concept established and made official? Who forbade any other religion except Christianity as the official religion under pain of death? Which bishop had the biggest influence on Christianity, and was found to have altered many passages? Explain incarnation and atonement. Did the exodus actually happen? Explain the existence of Greenland in light of the global flood myth.

If you remove all of the pseudepigrapha, interpolations, parables and allegorical stories from the Bible, you wouldn't have enough left over to fill a pamphlet. Here are my top ten favorite interpolations...an interpolation is additions after the fact...by someone other than original author/s

1 John 5:7 - there are three that bear witness in heaven, the father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one.

John 8:7 – let the one who is without sin among you be the first to cast a stone at her.

John 8:11 – neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more.

Luke 22:44 – in his anguish Jesus began to pray more earnestly, and his sweat became like great drops of blood falling to the ground.

Luke 22:20 – and in the same way after supper Jesus took the cup and said, "this cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood."

Mark 16:17 – these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons and they will speak with new tongues.

Mark 16:18 – and they will take up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any poison it will not harm them, and they will lay their hands on the sick and they will become well.

John 5:4 – for an angel of the Lord went down at certain times into the pool and disturbed the waters; and whoever was the first to step in when the water was disturbed was healed of whatever disease he had.

Luke 24:12 – but Peter rose up and ran to the tomb, and stooping down to look in, he saw the linen clothes by themselves. And he went away to his own home, marveling at what had happened.

Luke 24:51 – and when Jesus blessed them he departed from them and he was taken up into heaven.

Speaking of Mark; All scholars agree that the last 12 verses of Mark, are highly dubious and are considered interpolations. The earliest ancient documents of mark end right after the women find the empty tomb. This means that in the first biography, on which the others based their reports, there is no post-resurrection appearance or ascension of jesus.

Work Cited:

Ehrman, Bart. Misquoting Jesus: The story behind who changed the bible and why. New York, Harper Collins. 2005. Print.

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
10-07-2016, 07:26 PM
(10-07-2016 07:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 07:18 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Demons, devils and so on.

What, there is more than one devil?

Well, didn't we learn in this thread that Christians believe in gods and goddesses. Blink

Someone is high and I am pretty sure it isn't me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
10-07-2016, 07:50 PM
all right let me rain check a crowd for an analysis of this topic*
(bookmark the topic*)
10-07-2016, 07:54 PM
Well that was fucking stupid.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
10-07-2016, 08:14 PM
(10-07-2016 07:13 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 06:57 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Hindus claim all kinds of miracles too. Miracles have been attributed to the Buddha and hell, Buddha isn't even supposed to be a god. I have a Canadian sister-in-law who's a Native American and she claimed to have seen mountain spirits....totally believes she's seen them. It's all a bunch of hooey nonsense, from The Holy Bubble to Hindu Vedas.

Go do your religious masterbating somewhere else.
Thanks.

Hindus and other religions do have miracles from their Gods aka sick angels. Is for real. They show their sickness for example when sick angels demand human sacrifices like in hinduism, Another sign of sickness is having in holy books of hinduism black magic. Another sign of sickness like in black magic is doing bad to hurt not doing good.

Christianity has miracles from triune God of Chsristianity. Is real to. Miracles in Christianity are good miracles cannot hurt nevermind turning one into a zombie.

Citation please. Provide evidence of any kind of angel, much less "sick angels". Hahahaha.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-07-2016, 08:32 PM
(10-07-2016 07:09 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I would say that the Voodoo religion is more powerful. Bokor priests turn irritating family members into Zombies! Christianity can’t do that.

Don't forget that xianity caused a zombie invasion of Jerusalem right around 33 CE

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
10-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Since Jesus is the Creator of angels he is more powerful than any angel and any religion created by sick angels. This is why miracles of Christianity are more powerful than miracles of all other religions combined.

The dream of John Lennon is a nightmare. We need Christianity to go to Heaven. Imagine all the humanity go to Hell because of lack of Christianity. Definitively a nightmare.

What you call zombie invasion I call righteous people exiting their graves and hovering in city. Amazed that atheists know these details.
10-07-2016, 08:36 PM
(10-07-2016 08:34 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Since Jesus is the Creator of angels he is more powerful than any angel and any religion created by sick angels. This is why miracles of Christianity are more powerful than miracles of all other religions combined.

The dream of John Lennon is a nightmare. We need Christianity to go to Heaven. Imagine all the humanity go to Hell because of lack of Christianity. Definitively a nightmare.

Please, just go away.

Or limit your interaction to pops...you two deserve one another.

No one else here cares what you have to babble.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF