Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2016, 02:06 AM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
Oh shit. I dont want to jeopardize afterlife... I hadn't thought of that!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
11-07-2016, 05:17 AM
(10-07-2016 10:04 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 08:41 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  No miracles have been proven by non-christian sources.

Name one that has.
You are not christian source.

You are correct in that I am not a Christian.

(10-07-2016 10:04 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  You are the witness of orthodox miracles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV6eQLLjwS4 sec 0:30 you see myrth coming from a normal book.

I experience mirth whenever I read bullshit like this.

If you want me to take you seriously, you need to cite, credible, science based, non-religious sources. Youtube, while vastly entertaining, is not always accurate, credible and reliable.

(10-07-2016 10:04 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  At the end of this movie you see uncorupted body of a saint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcFHVhhwgq8 another miracle

Oh for fucks sake.

You probably sent that nice "Nigerian bank executive" your checking account information, didn't you?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
11-07-2016, 05:24 AM
(10-07-2016 10:33 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  If you got into atheism because you have a beef against family or someone else is a bad decision because it jeopardized the after life.

You could always "ask" why we are atheists.

You have proof of an afterlife? Why is the Christian afterlife more true than the Norse Valhalla? Or the Greek/Roman afterlife?

(10-07-2016 10:33 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Better decision would be to become orthodox Christian. The sick angel will increase the pain to make people make you renounce salvation and orthodoxy. One thing, you cannot renounce orthodoxy because that would be a sin and may jeopardize after life .

Poe? Stoned? Delusional? Consider

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
11-07-2016, 06:36 AM
(11-07-2016 05:24 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Poe? Stoned? Delusional? Consider

Why not two of three?

I vote for Poe. Wait, delusional. No, definitely Poe. A stoner wouldn’t give a shit so Poe it is with a heavy dose of delusional.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
11-07-2016, 06:39 AM
(11-07-2016 05:24 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 10:33 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  If you got into atheism because you have a beef against family or someone else is a bad decision because it jeopardized the after life.

You could always "ask" why we are atheists.

That would pop their preconceived ideas and then their narrative wouldn’t work as well. No, better to project their generalized delusions on all of us than to question anything. Laughat

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
11-07-2016, 06:52 AM

If you actually want to know why we "got into atheism", I strongly recommend you read here: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...sion-story

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
11-07-2016, 07:02 AM
Pasadi97, since you keep posting so many links, I think it's only fair to reply with a handy resource thread compiled by our own GoodWithoutGod. I think you're putting entirely too much stock in the Bible and Christian apologetics. Please don't respond in it directly, though, since that thread is just meant to be a compilation.

On a side note: you'll get a warmer welcome if you don't jump to immediate proselytizing in your first posts, here. It's been done so many times before, and we've already read most of the same types of things you're posting.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
11-07-2016, 08:16 AM

Better decision would be to become orthodox Christian. The sick angel will increase the pain to make people make you renounce salvation and orthodoxy. One thing, you cannot renounce orthodoxy because that would be a sin and may jeopardize after life.

Uh... you do realise that this is an atheist forum? And you should also understand that proselytising is an absolute waste of time here. Do you seriously think that you're gonna convert any of us to a belief in supernatural entities and paranormal phenomena?

Rather than posting links to a couple of suspect YouTube vids in an attempt to prove the occurrence of so-called miracles—illustrated with cartoons FFS—you need to post something at least approximating empirical evidence.

I suggest you check out this site: http://skepdic.com/miracles.html

And I'll leave you with one question: Why are there amputees in the world?

[Image: religion3.gif][sic]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
11-07-2016, 09:29 AM
(10-07-2016 10:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  You may be the most gullible and credulous person ever on this forum. Drinking Beverage

There should be an award or a trophy or something for that. I mean, it is pretty impressive, given the caliber of gullible sheep we frequently get, here.

Way to go, new guy!

Also, shouldn't "Sick Angels" be a punk or death metal band? Great name.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
11-07-2016, 09:35 AM
how does an angel get sick, exactly? is it extra chilly in heaven? or is angel cancer a thing?