Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2016, 08:53 PM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
I have to say, pasadi you have been far too pleasant to be a really satisfying chew toy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2016, 08:53 PM
(11-07-2016 08:32 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  ...and I can continue for hours.

Please don't.... Facepalm
11-07-2016, 09:10 PM
(11-07-2016 08:31 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 08:22 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  My goal is to recruit 95% of the members of this site to orthodoxy in 3 weeks and to change the site title from the thinking atheist to the thinking orthodox. Smile Just kidding. I don't know if I have any impact but I think you are so cute that you deserve a chance to salvation and Heaven.

... I'm already Orthodox, darling.

My hearth is filled with joy for you. I'm so happy.

For people that can not escape atheism yet the prayer is the medicine.
Dear God please explain to me all the religions of the world the way you see them and please let me know the best religion and denomination in your eyes. Please help me in salvation , Amen.
If God does not exist you lost 10 seconds. If God exists then you'll find out best religion and denomination and will understand all religions the way God understands them.
11-07-2016, 09:18 PM
(11-07-2016 09:10 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 08:31 PM)Aliza Wrote:  ... I'm already Orthodox, darling.

My hearth is filled with joy for you. I'm so happy.

For people that can not escape atheism yet the prayer is the medicine.
Dear God please explain to me all the religions of the world the way you see them and please let me know the best religion and denomination in your eyes. Please help me in salvation , Amen.
If God does not exist you lost 10 seconds. If God exists then you'll find out best religion and denomination and will understand all religions the way God understands them.

Yeah, we don't talk like that in my shul.
11-07-2016, 09:19 PM
(11-07-2016 08:50 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  I did not say orthodoxy because they build the tallest church but because people that asked God through prayer about best denomination were directed by visions, dreams and so on to orthodoxy and God knows better.

What about the people that prayed and were led to Buddhim?
Or Mormonism?
Or Hinduism?
Or Islam?
Or Atheism?

[/quote]

Never heard of people praying to God and being lead to anything else but orthodoxy. All the instances I heard, several, the answer from God was pretty clear, orthodoxy.

Like in medieval times people debated which church to build orthodox or catholic. They made Holy Water and asked God to show through Holy Water which faith is right. After several days Orthodox Holy Water was crisp, Catholic Holy Water was foul smelling and the Church built was orthodox.

And many more instances.
11-07-2016, 09:22 PM
(11-07-2016 09:19 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 08:50 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 09:19 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  I did not say orthodoxy because they build the tallest church but because people that asked God through prayer about best denomination were directed by visions, dreams and so on to orthodoxy and God knows better.

What about the people that prayed and were led to Buddhim?
Or Mormonism?
Or Hinduism?
Or Islam?
Or Atheism?

Never heard of people praying to God and being lead to anything else but orthodoxy. All the instances I heard, several, the answer from God was pretty clear, orthodoxy.

Like in medieval times people debated which church to build orthodox or catholic. They made Holy Water and asked God to show through Holy Water which faith is right. After several days Orthodox Holy Water was crisp, Catholic Holy Water was foul smelling and the Church built was orthodox.

And many more instances.

Agreed! Orthodoxy FTW!
11-07-2016, 09:28 PM
(11-07-2016 09:19 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Never heard of people praying to God and being lead to anything else but orthodoxy. All the instances I heard, several, the answer from God was pretty clear, orthodoxy.

And many more instances.

Your silly children's tales don't cut it.

Provide evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2016, 09:29 PM
(11-07-2016 09:19 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Never heard of people praying to God and being lead to anything else but orthodoxy. All the instances I heard, several, the answer from God was pretty clear, orthodoxy.

And many more instances.

[Image: hyde-laughing-o.gif]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
11-07-2016, 09:35 PM

And like I said, practitioners of other faiths say the exact same thing.

"All other gods are false. Only OUR way is true."

Unless you can back something up with science, which so far you haven't, your faith is meaningless.

(11-07-2016 09:19 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Like in medieval times people debated which church to build orthodox or catholic. They made Holy Water and asked God to show through Holy Water which faith is right. After several days Orthodox Holy Water was crisp, Catholic Holy Water was foul smelling and the Church built was orthodox.

This is your idea of critical thinking? Of evidence?

Okay then. The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the one true god. I can prove this because all of the planets in our solar system are round, shaped like his holy meatballs.

How can you prove me wrong?

(11-07-2016 09:19 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  And many more instances.
Just stop. If you can't be bothered to put some effort into it, why bother at all?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
11-07-2016, 09:40 PM
(11-07-2016 09:10 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  If God does not exist you lost 10 seconds. If God exists then you'll find out best religion and denomination and will understand all religions the way God understands them.

What would you say if someone said that god told them Roman Catholicism was the answer? Or Islam?

Also this is a variation of Pascal's Wager.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post