Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2016, 05:03 AM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(11-07-2016 09:10 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 08:31 PM)Aliza Wrote:  ... I'm already Orthodox, darling.

My hearth is filled with joy for you. I'm so happy.

Facepalm

pssst... she's talking about orthodox Judaism.

(11-07-2016 09:19 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Never heard of people praying to God and being lead to anything else but orthodoxy. All the instances I heard, several, the answer from God was pretty clear, orthodoxy.

Then you need to get out more and read more about other traditions. Your claims are as far from unique as they are from any rational support.

Quote:Like in medieval times people debated which church to build orthodox or catholic. They made Holy Water and asked God to show through Holy Water which faith is right. After several days Orthodox Holy Water was crisp, Catholic Holy Water was foul smelling and the Church built was orthodox.

And many more instances.

You really are one of the MOST gullible people I've ever encountered. Hint: not everything that is claimed is true. Hint 2: not every explanation given for some phenomenon is correct. Hint 3: not having a better explanation doesn't make the proposed one valid

You really need to start thinking and not just swallowing every bit of bullshit that you find comforting.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
12-07-2016, 05:12 AM
(11-07-2016 10:21 PM)Aliza Wrote:  For all humans, at no time is your "eternal soul" dependent on the position you hold on G-d. It's dependent on how you live your life. Be a good person and live an awesome life. That's been a consistent message that I've been saying since I got here.

Theists who don't try to push their belief on others aren't anywhere near the level of problem that the evangelical types are. They still accept belief based on faith and that provides a level of support for the more extreme practitioners.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
12-07-2016, 05:35 AM
(07-07-2016 06:57 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Christianity for busy people

Without life getting a new job, the discovery of flying car and great fortune have no utility. Doctors and science can not and will not be ale to give you eternal life.
For eternal life , that make everything worthwhile go to Christianity.

There are two destinations after this life, Hell and Heaven. For Heaven destination go to Christianity.

Why Christianity

Christianity has power because his founder has power. The followers of other religions, the founders of other religions and the Gods of other religions with the exception of God are part of the creation created through Jesus, the founder and leader of Christianity. Hindu gods, budhist gods, greek gods and roman gods were created through Jesus.,

From Bible
Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Is it enough to be nice? Is it enough to be nice without becoming a christian to get eternal life and to go to Heaven? Is it enough to not help anybody?

Are you a sheep or a goat? Did you feed the poor, give water to poor, house the poor, visited the poor in hospital and prison?

ATTENTION !!!. 2-5% Americans die and come back to life either in accidents or sickness. They say that while dead they saw Heaven , Hell, angels and some claim that Jesus came to them saying he is God. If this is true, attention because it invalidates all other religions besides christianity. If you want more about this search youtube for “Near death experiences”.

While dead some people claim to have in afterlife things that they gave to the poor. One lady was about to be naked in afterlife because she did not give clothes to poor. In my tradition when a person dies his clothing, some food and drinks are given to the poor in his name for afterlife.

Since one denomination throwed away the part that enables one to go to heaven concentrating heavily on helping the poor,lets pray to God to move to the best denomination in his eyes.

Dear God please help me move to the best christian denomination in your eyes.
With eastern orthodox christianity you will not make a mistake.

Someone that figured out the one true god huh?

Ok, now for the test, I made a deity tester and all you have to do to prove your god exists, simply pray for your god to turn the little cardboard disk at least 90 degrees of rotation. It's a clean and simple test to at least provide a minimal amount of evidence for this god you think exists:

[Image: Deitytester20_zps000c1cdc.jpg]

I'll be waiting for it to move, good luck. Drinking Beverage

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
12-07-2016, 07:11 AM
(11-07-2016 09:19 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Like in medieval times people debated which church to build orthodox or catholic. They made Holy Water and asked God to show through Holy Water which faith is right. After several days Orthodox Holy Water was crisp, Catholic Holy Water was foul smelling and the Church built was orthodox.

Congratulations. Your belief in this story places you a distant 2nd on my list of “stupid shit TTA forum theists believe”. Still quite the accomplishment.

[Image: razzie.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
12-07-2016, 08:53 AM
(11-07-2016 08:22 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  I don't know if I have any impact.....
The only impact you have ever made is when you ran full tilt, head first, into a brick wall. I mean I assume that's why you say such stupid shit, or is it just you being you?Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
12-07-2016, 08:55 AM
Today I learned Orthodox Judaism's afterlife is awesome.

(10-07-2016 08:32 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 07:09 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I would say that the Voodoo religion is more powerful. Bokor priests turn irritating family members into Zombies! Christianity can’t do that.

Don't forget that xianity caused a zombie invasion of Jerusalem right around 33 CE
Darn you. Just darn you. Now I will mope around and be depressed we don't have a high budget zombie invasion film set in the Roman Empire. Shambling undead hordes vs. the might of Rome.

(11-07-2016 09:19 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Never heard of people praying to God and being lead to anything else but orthodoxy. All the instances I heard, several, the answer from God was pretty clear, orthodoxy.

Interesting. Not how it worked for anyone I know. Strange how anecdotal stuff doesn't always act the same way between people.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
12-07-2016, 11:38 AM
(11-07-2016 08:22 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  I don't know if I have any impact ...

No, no you don't.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
12-07-2016, 11:59 AM
(11-07-2016 09:10 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  For people that can not escape atheism yet the prayer is the medicine.

People are happy as atheists and don't need to escape anything - there is nothing to escape from.

You would do a lot better trying to convert people who already believe in some sort of woo.

Yes, prayer can be a medicine. It releases Endorphins in the brain, which have a similar effect as morphine. Exercise, chocolate, singing, laughing, crying, spicy hot foods, and other things do the same thing.

That is why religion is called "opium of the masses", basically people who are addicted to endorphins find a simple and easy way to get high. Your unceasing prayers put you in a similar state of mind you would find in an opium den - perfect bliss.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
12-07-2016, 03:03 PM
(12-07-2016 11:59 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 09:10 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  For people that can not escape atheism yet the prayer is the medicine.

People are happy as atheists and don't need to escape anything - there is nothing to escape from.

You would do a lot better trying to convert people who already believe in some sort of woo.

Yes, prayer can be a medicine. It releases Endorphins in the brain, which have a similar effect as morphine. Exercise, chocolate, singing, laughing, crying, spicy hot foods, and other things do the same thing.

That is why religion is called "opium of the masses", basically people who are addicted to endorphins find a simple and easy way to get high. Your unceasing prayers put you in a similar state of mind you would find in an opium den - perfect bliss.

There's also this:

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
13-07-2016, 03:43 AM
(12-07-2016 11:59 AM)Dom Wrote:  Exercise, chocolate, "opium".

I am allowed these three things. The chocolate must however be dark. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post