Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2016, 08:28 AM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(13-07-2016 06:31 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  If your heart is hardened you will not accept this proof. So the medicine is prayer:

Have you considered this:

My heart was open and I believed. Then god hardened my heart. Now I am an atheist.

Ask Pharaoh about that...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
13-07-2016, 08:30 AM
(13-07-2016 05:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I know, just means privacy though, not literally in the closet.

I don't accept that. The words in the book say "closet".

On what justification do you change the words? Who gave you the authority?

If you change those words, what other words can we change?

Maybe we could change "not" to "sometimes"...

Thou shalt sometimes steal...

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
13-07-2016, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2016 08:50 AM by dancefortwo.)
(13-07-2016 06:23 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 04:22 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Because the Christ(not to be confused with the man Jesus of Nazareth the Christ) was the first creation of GOD, prior to the formation of the earth. According to scripture.

Just trying to clarify.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Thank you for clarification. Yes Son of God or Christ existed before Earth was formed thus before Creation thus he existed way before hinduism and budhism that started AFTER Earth was created. His birth means existing Son of God takes human form not that Son of God started to exist,

(You two are soooo cute together! Tease I'd recommend a pre-nup though. )

Pffffft....(((snicker-snicker))).. Provide incontrovertible evidence of this please.

I'll be waiting.

[Image: tumblr_nhcb9reQTA1s0t6o2o1_500.gif]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
13-07-2016, 10:14 AM
You and I know that I can only provide evidence from the bhagavad gita and bible.

13-07-2016, 11:22 AM
(13-07-2016 10:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You and I know that I can only provide evidence from the bhagavad gita and bible.

Using holy books as evidence to prove the accuracy of the same holy books?

Really? Than any holy book from any religion verifies the truth of that religion.

Or worse, under that justification, any movie that says "Based on a true story" can be considered an accurate representation.

13-07-2016, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2016 11:28 AM by Peebothuhul.)
At work.

Wait.... why does X-ianity get to 'Back date' their religion but they don't think the others can?

Consider

Reminds me of listening to Muslim appologist say how much better 'Their' prophet was over that other guy who was also 'Just' a prophet and totally not a god. Because a god can't incarnate because doing something like that would just be silly and not reflect the reality of what god can and can not do....

Consider
13-07-2016, 11:48 AM
(13-07-2016 08:05 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 07:03 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  This is for you for the sake of your afterlife.

GirlyMan Wrote:
Plausible is generally accepted to mean a coherent explanation, as judged by a reasonable individual, of how the mind could possibly exist without the body and how they could possibly interact. Arguments for dualism are not only untenable, they are generally incoherent.

(13-07-2016 07:03 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  If your heart is hardened you will not accept this proof. So the medicine is prayer:

Dear God please help me understand if atheism leads to Hell.Please save me. Amen.

I have a hypothesis on why the world is in such turmoil: prayer. My thinking is as follows:

God is all knowing and omnipotent and perfect. He was here before the universe and stars and he conceived His perfect Grand Design. But now we humans are questioning His un-erring judgment by asking Him through prayer to change things as He made them and wants them to be.

We ask for this or that, for help, for others to change their ways, for us to win a war, for inner peace, for food on our plates or for a cure to some disease. No matter how benevolent we may think of what we are asking for, what we are really saying is “Hey God, I think you fucked up, can’t you see I have cancer and am dying?”

Meanwhile God knew from time immemorial you were going to have cancer, in fact that is what He wanted all the time. But the supplicant believes he knows better than God and so he pisses Him off by asking to be cured. Before the beginning of time He knew you were going to piss Him off so not only do you have cancer but after you die you’re going to Hell for insinuating you knew better by asking Him to change His perfect Grand Design.

If you believe in the perfect, all-knowing, omnipotent being that created all and everything is exactly as He wants it to be then prayer isn’t necessary because all has been preordained and things will be the way He planned them to be with or without your input. I don’t think a god would care one iota what any of us think about His perfect plan.

So my advice to all those that believe in gods and pray is to suck it up, whatever is happening to you is exactly what God wanted so quit wasting your time and pissing Him off, He can be pretty fucking vindictive, just read the OT.

My other hypothesis is that is that there is no God. So stop your mind-masturbation and take personal responsibility for your life.

(13-07-2016 07:03 AM)‘pasadi97 Wrote:  If God does not exist you lost 10 sec. If God exists he will show you why atheism leads to hell in a way that a hardened hearth will accept.

I just told you, I don’t have 10 seconds to waste on your fantasy.

I envision God going to the psychiatrist...

Yahweh: "Doc, I'm not myself today, I haven't meddled in the lives of humans in two days"
Doc: (tongue in cheek) ”Why don’t you fling some tornados at Oklahoma or something?”
Yahweh: "Great fucking idea Doc! The survivors will be singing my praises in no time!"
Doc: (thinking to himself, what an asshole).

Bowing 100X Like. You should save this as copy-pasta for all the cookie cutter christians who wander in here with "the good news"! Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
13-07-2016, 12:06 PM
(13-07-2016 10:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You and I know that I can only provide evidence from the bhagavad gita and bible.

You have no idea what evidence means. The books are the claims, they are evidence only that somebody wrote them. They contain absolutely nothing that could not have been known or believed by the people of the time so they are useless as far as supporting the claim that any sort of god exists.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
13-07-2016, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2016 01:03 PM by Commonsensei.)
(13-07-2016 07:03 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 06:33 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  [Image: EM9rl6c.gif?zoom=2]

I hope you stick around, you are the perfect poster boy for everything that is twisted with religionists.

ps sorry pops, this guy takes it to a new level, you’ve lost your crown of thorns.

This is for you for the sake of your afterlife.

If your heart is hardened you will not accept this proof. So the medicine is prayer:

Dear God please help me understand if atheism leads to Hell.Please save me. Amen.

If God does not exist you lost 10 sec. If God exists he will show you why atheism leads to hell in a way that a hardened hearth will accept.

I've heard this a lot.

Almost like one is unaware that many people didn't start in Atheism. For example myself. I gave 29 years of my life to prayer, for some sort of sign or clarification. With no response. So i've wasted enough of my presouise time I have left on better things.

A second point I would like to bring up is.

Why would I want to give anything or anyone, that would threaten me with a eternity of "torture" for asking simple questions, any of my time?

IF God existed it would be a hypocritical, blood thirsty monster.

Beside it's been already demonstrated numerous times over that prayer has the sames odds as chance.

Prayer
"I hope I get this Job."

Odds are 50/50 You ether will or you wont.

You get the job: "Prayers answered!"
You don't get the job: "He must have bigger plans for me" Or a complete disregard for the prayer made.

An even big stretch

You don't get the job, but someone gives you a car.

"OH BEHOLD GOD GRACE I DIDN'T GET THE JOB I WANTED, BUT I GOT A CAR INSTEAD!"

This couldn't be associated to the original prayer because the request was denied.

How this for a prayer I'll even put in Black and White so your god can read it clearly.

If your God is real may he strike me dead! Right now! Send my soul to eternal hell fire! Not 40 years from now, not tomorrow afternoon. Right after I post this sentence. Prove to everyone here that you exist threw my sacrifice!

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 4 users Like Commonsensei's post
13-07-2016, 12:41 PM
Oh shit!

Oh shit, my balls tingle a little. But that could just be the crabs.
My stomach is churning...phew just gas.

Nope still here.

So ether this proves that ether
A) Your god isn't real.
B) Prayer doesn't work.
C) IF your god was real, He is incapable of caring out such an action.
D) IF your god was real, He is indifferent in the actions or requests of man.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post