Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2016, 03:50 PM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(13-07-2016 12:41 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Oh shit!

Oh shit, my balls tingle a little. But that could just be the crabs.
My stomach is churning...phew just gas.

Nope still here.

So ether this proves that ether
A) Your god isn't real.
B) Prayer doesn't work.
C) IF your god was real, He is incapable of caring out such an action.
D) IF your god was real, He is indifferent in the actions or requests of man.
Not true, as prayer is not for your wants nor does it have to be replied to by your public decree.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2016, 03:53 PM
(13-07-2016 03:40 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 03:26 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Everything is ordained.

Prove it.

Quote:... even though all throughout observable existence we are the most advanced life to be seen.

That depends on the criteria used; unless there is an objective criteria to base it on that statement is essentially meaningless.

Quote:Does the fact that we actually do have dominion over all we observe mean nothing or is it somehow overlooked?

You've raised this canard before. We have, at best, limited dominion over a portion of the surface of one planet.

Quote:Humbly,

Bullshit. Nothing about you is humble in any way. Claiming humility immediately after stating that we are the most advanced life and that we have dominion over everything is just laughable.
The objective criteria is observation.

You weren't serious were you.

I didn't read the rest of your post but I'm bout to.

13-07-2016, 03:55 PM
(13-07-2016 03:47 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 03:31 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm not changing the words friend, I'm only interpreting in a non literal way.

Facepalm

Quote:That goes for pretty much all of it. It's parables and entendre, not to be merely understood literally. That's sorta the problem the Jew had in my opinion.

FacepalmFacepalm

Quote:Authority? It isn't an authority thing so much as it is just knowing. Where did the knowledge come from? Not me. It just happens to go right along with everything else I have ever known on my own.

Maybe, just maybe, the reason the "knowledge" you received lines up with what you know on your own is because you are making it all up in your own head. You are delusional pops, and possibly dangerously so given your history. You need help.

Quote:I have no authority and want none...ever. I would like to be heard though.
Never gets old...no, it does.
(13-07-2016 03:33 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, actually I meant to show how one is evidence for the other.

Facepalm

Kind of like how Star Wars and Star Trek are both evidence of human space travel.

Quote:Not technically proof though.

No shit Sherlock

13-07-2016, 03:57 PM
(13-07-2016 03:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 03:40 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Prove it.

That depends on the criteria used; unless there is an objective criteria to base it on that statement is essentially meaningless.

You've raised this canard before. We have, at best, limited dominion over a portion of the surface of one planet.

Bullshit. Nothing about you is humble in any way. Claiming humility immediately after stating that we are the most advanced life and that we have dominion over everything is just laughable.
The objective criteria is observation.

How is the objective measure for what qualifies as "most advanced" observation?

Care to expound in expressed specific detail for once in a blue moon?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-07-2016, 03:57 PM
(13-07-2016 03:48 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  But for real for real; hell is hugely misunderstood to be eternal torment.

It is lack of existence/ destruction.

So, basically, what we atheists already think is going to happen to us? (And every other animal on the planet.)

Neato. Thumbsup

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
13-07-2016, 04:02 PM
(13-07-2016 03:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The objective criteria is observation.

LMAO

Observation is not criteria. That may qualify as the most idiotic thing you've said and that's saying something.

You said we are the most advanced life form. What criteria did you use to determine that? To say one thing is more advanced than another you have to define the category you are talking about.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
13-07-2016, 04:03 PM
(13-07-2016 03:57 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 03:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The objective criteria is observation.

How is the objective measure for what qualifies as "most advanced" observation?

Care to expound in expressed specific detail for once in a blue moon?
Well, I mean advanced life and dominion. One is observable as being obvious because of the other. Past that; what other advanced life have we observed outside of earths atmosphere or solar system or galaxy or universe? They may have found evidence of single celled organisms or something, but not much more. If I'm not mistaken.

It's not like we find too many satellites or anything from other advanced life forms from outer space. Of course that doesn't include any testimony of any uhm... Abducties or anything.

Peace

13-07-2016, 04:06 PM
(13-07-2016 04:02 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

LMAO

Observation is not criteria. That may qualify as the most idiotic thing you've said and that's saying something.

You said we are the most advanced life form. What criteria did you use to determine that? To say one thing is more advanced than another you have to define the category you are talking about.
Life in general. What do you want me to specify? Stop playing stupid. Have you observed other life more advanced than you that humans as a whole do not have dominion over?

Have you observed freakin space aliens and just haven't talked about it?

Comon man. Don't be ridiculous or act retarded; it makes your claims about me less credible.

Think

Peace

13-07-2016, 04:08 PM
(13-07-2016 04:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Well, I mean advanced life and dominion.

You don't seem to understand that "advanced" doesn't mean anything when unqualified. If you mean technologically then the question becomes why that should be considered important. We are certainly more technologically advanced than any other species we know of (although that is still arguing from ignorance) but you seem to be implying that that makes us somehow better or more important or more valuable in some objective way. There goes that claim to being humble again....

13-07-2016, 04:16 PM
(13-07-2016 04:06 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Life in general. What do you want me to specify?

I want you to define the criteria you are using to judge which species are more advanced than others or admit that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Quote: Stop playing stupid.

I would never attempt to beat you at that game. I know when I'm outclassed.

Quote:Have you observed other life more advanced than you that humans as a whole do not have dominion over?

Again, "advanced" is not defined. There is certainly a lot of microbial life that we do not have dominion over so if you are judging based on fecundity and virulence then they are far more advanced than we are.

Quote:Have you observed freakin space aliens and just haven't talked about it?

Comon man. Don't be ridiculous or act retarded; it makes your claims about me less credible.

I'm just not restricted to your myopic view.

[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post