Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2016, 08:29 PM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
Banjo,

All things considered; I have had a good day today. I hope yours was okay too. I drove and brought my helper around with me.

I vaguely racall hearing something about bees lately, but not what you stated specifically. Bees are fascinating social creatures though, wouldn't you agree?

I'm sorry your equilibrium is off, or for whatever else is affecting your balance. Repeatedly doing the same action seems to sharpen ones reflexes in subsequent occurrences though. Peachs and cream sounds good. Oatmeal? At least you are coping or adapting. I commend you for your will, and erge you to strive forward as long as you have any fight in you. I hope that peace fully encompasses you as well.

I do have minor problems with balance. I've had ear problems since early childhood. I actually swam to the bottom of a deep lake a couple of weeks ago, rupturing my eardrum to some extent. My balance was thrown so far out of whack that at first, when I surfaced, I could hardly stay afloat clinging to a raft.
It isn't too cool having balance issues while being a carpenter, but adaptation is helpful.

I've never heard of Chico Baroque. What genre of music does he perform?

No Sir, I can't say I've ever driven a tractor. I have operated forklifts, and backhoes on occasion though.
I hear a Kubota is a good tractor, but they say nothing runs like a deer. I wonder if John deer made that slogan.

I don't generally have empty boxes around by my own doing, but there may be one floating around here somewhere.

I hope I answered your questions favorably.

I wish you the best.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2016, 08:29 PM
(14-07-2016 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Fatbaldhobbit,

Yes I am interpreting them. No that does not mean I am changing them.

in·ter·pret

inˈtərprət/

verb

explain the meaning of (information, words, or actions).

"the evidence is difficult to interpret"

synonyms:explain, elucidate,expound, explicate,clarify, illuminate,shed light on

"the rabbis interpret the Jewish laws"

decipher, decode,unscramble, make intelligible;

understand,comprehend, make sense of, figure out;

informalcrack

"the symbols are difficult to interpret"

change

CHānj/

verb

make or become different.

"a proposal to change the law"

take or use another instead of.

"she decided to change her name"

Tell me if you can interpret what I am about to state;

The parables spoken in the bible that are denoted as such are no longer such due to the fact that they are expounded upon. This effectively makes them not parables or riddles but relatively plain statements, or at least riddles or curious things with the answer or explanation being right there with it.

Please don't change the meaning of what I say if you do not understand it.

I'm sorry that you don't agree about praying in closet meaning praying in solitude, not for the sight of man, but between you and GOD.

Joel 2 (KJV) - ዮኤል
15: Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly:
16: Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.

Matthew 6 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
4: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
5: And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6: But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Luke 12 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
2: For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.
3: Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.

Maybe you still think it's talking about literal closets and not solitude or secret or privacy. Lets examine what is said about prayer;

Matthew 14 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
23: And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.

Matthew 26 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
36: Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.
Mark 1 (KJV) - ማርቆስ
35: And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.

Mark 6 (KJV) - ማርቆስ
46: And when he had sent them away, he departed into a mountain to pray.

Luke 5 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
16: And he withdrew himself into the wilderness, and prayed.
Luke 20 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
47: Which devour widows' houses, and for a shew make long prayers: the same shall receive greater damnation.

Luke 22 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
41: And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,

The vast majority of scripture describing prayer shows that is to be done in solitude.

Surely you see my point now. Right?

I'm sorry that studying a thing continually for over a year doesn't coincide with the definition of inquiry for you. Might I ask what does?

The evidence is repeated and verifiable through core religious texts spanning geographical and temporal barriers. The information age is great.

I am exceedingly pleased to hear that you are still inquireing. That's a good thing for many obvious reasons.

Me asking you to justify a claim isn't me judging GOD.

I didn't say Jesus the Christ should have done anything differently and believe whole heartedly that He did everything He was ordained to do.

No, your goal was to assert a baseless claim based on faulty definitions or understanding of the word closet within particular contexts. We are like minded after all; as my goal too is to counter bullshit.

Pretty sure I already stated that my umwaveing belief is the precursor to bias. Thanks for reiterating this for your own reasons.

There is no eternal hell, as in torment. It is non existence which is permanent or eternal.

Anger and jealously are characteristics used to beat describe and justify the wrath of GOD. If you think cause and effect or action/reaction is cruel then I'm sorry.

Please feel free to show when I'm full of crap. I would expect nor want anything less.

A headache indeed could affect others through my agony of it was severe and I was weak.

You have shown your own logic to be haphazard and "developed" hastily. I hope my pointing these things out may help you to correct them for the sake of future discussions with anyone.

And like I said; I have considered these possibilities, and none fit.

Hallucinations would be the byproduct of drugs or sleep deprivation. Neither of which were the case, nor had they been for some time. Mental illness (at least to the point of confusing fantasy with reality) is generally marked by an inability to function within society, and a dependency on others. I was a functioning part of society with five dependants at the time, also progressing through the ranks quickly as a new hire.

Invoking GOD isn't claiming authority.
And I never said GOD "speaks" to me exactly. But maybe you didn't mean that in a literal sense.

Oh, so now you agree I have no authority...but you just... Never mind.

Very logical argument my friend.

That isn't me being dishonest. It's an attempt at sarcasm.

Pop's. In this very long winded post you appear to claim some scripture outdates or nullifies other scripture. This, according to scripture, is incorrect.

2nd Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-07-2016, 08:31 PM
(14-07-2016 07:58 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 07:30 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I've already died once mate. Hate to tell you, but there is nothing after death.

[Image: quote-death-smiles-at-us-all-all-a-man-c...-99-41.jpg]
Two people had to tell me about their NDE with their mouths. So pay attention cause is true. They spoke about their own NDE and said is true.

Oh man fuck me sideways! Two people SAID it's true? With their mothafuckin' mouths?! TWO people?! Oh shit that's almost twice as many as one person! Well man two whole people having these experiences is definitely enough to refute decades of rigorous, scientific, peer-reviewed studies into NDE's that says they are entirely naturalistic and in no way "spiritual" or supernatural", with easily and clearly defined causes which can be replicated in labs!

You really don't give any thought at all in a given day to not being a gullible idiot do you?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 7 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
14-07-2016, 08:33 PM
(14-07-2016 08:05 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 04:57 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  NDEs are a well understood phenomenon; hallucinations caused by oxygen deprivation or sudden uptick in electrical activity (which is how we can manually induce them in test subjects). The experience of 'tasting or seeing' sound is a form of neurological occurrence known as synesthesia; which is when one sensory or cognitive pathway inadvertently triggers others. So hearing a given sound might lead to a synesthete experiencing a given taste or seeing a given colour. Some people are born with some form of synesthesia, and others 'acquire' it, usually temporarily after suffering from oxygen deprivation or ingesting hallucinogens.

What else do you have?

Death = the soul exits the cloth named body and wanders around. The cloth named body is thrown into ground and becomes dust, soul or you go to one destination Hell or Heaven.

Atheism gives you a great chance to go to Hell and do make an irreparable lost to me and to Heaven.

I have the proof that NDE is not brain activity but soul leaving the body. Why?

Because a priest that cleaned his vision and could see with soul vision and could see angels, souls said that he saw many sould going near coffins, levitating above the coffin at funerals. If it would be brain then what are the souls doing there why the people with soul vision can see souls?

Also Eastern Orthodox Church make prayers for departed at intervals of time, years, months after death. When these prayers are done, people that see souls say that the souls of the deceased for which the prayers are done by priest come there and can be seen. If they did bad or were atheists probable devils bring them, if they did well good angels bring them.

So how come brain activity when brain is in ground by many years and gone for a long time. No brain activity but soul. THat is proof.

Father Ilarion Argatu about seeing a soul after death https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1q0Zk7-zuE No translation available.

You are stupid. Stop being so stupid. If you do you will find you are less stupid.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
14-07-2016, 08:34 PM
(14-07-2016 10:58 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Hey Pops! Thumbsup

Read that last bit. Can't make sense of it.

You want to try again, with a different post?

Consider
Are you referring to post number 270?

If so I was just saying that I'm not certain of what all a soul consists of or how to adequately describe it.

Past that, I was saying that I cannot prove GOD exists.

I hope that is what you were talking about.

Peace

14-07-2016, 08:42 PM
(14-07-2016 08:20 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

in·ter·pret

inˈtərprət/

verb

synonyms:explain, elucidate,expound, explicate,clarify, illuminate,shed light on

informalcrack

change

CHānj/

verb

The parables spoken in the bible that are denoted as such are no longer such due to the fact that they are expounded upon. This effectively makes them not parables or riddles but relatively plain statements, or at least riddles or curious things with the answer or explanation being right there with it.

I'm sorry that you don't agree about praying in closet meaning praying in solitude, not for the sight of man, but between you and GOD.

Joel 2 (KJV) - ዮኤል
16: Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.

Matthew 6 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
4: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
5: And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6: But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Luke 12 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
2: For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.
3: Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.

Maybe you still think it's talking about literal closets and not solitude or secret or privacy. Lets examine what is said about prayer;

Matthew 14 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
23: And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.

Matthew 26 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
36: Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.
Mark 1 (KJV) - ማርቆስ
35: And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.

Mark 6 (KJV) - ማርቆስ

Luke 5 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
Luke 20 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
47: Which devour widows' houses, and for a shew make long prayers: the same shall receive greater damnation.

Luke 22 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
41: And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,

The vast majority of scripture describing prayer shows that is to be done in solitude.

I'm sorry that studying a thing continually for over a year doesn't coincide with the definition of inquiry for you. Might I ask what does?

The evidence is repeated and verifiable through core religious texts spanning geographical and temporal barriers. The information age is great.

I am exceedingly pleased to hear that you are still inquireing. That's a good thing for many obvious reasons.

I didn't say Jesus the Christ should have done anything differently and believe whole heartedly that He did everything He was ordained to do.

No, your goal was to assert a baseless claim based on faulty definitions or understanding of the word closet within particular contexts. We are like minded after all; as my goal too is to counter bullshit.

Pretty sure I already stated that my umwaveing belief is the precursor to bias. Thanks for reiterating this for your own reasons.

There is no eternal hell, as in torment. It is non existence which is permanent or eternal.

Anger and jealously are characteristics used to beat describe and justify the wrath of GOD. If you think cause and effect or action/reaction is cruel then I'm sorry.

Please feel free to show when I'm full of crap. I would expect nor want anything less.

A headache indeed could affect others through my agony of it was severe and I was weak.

You have shown your own logic to be haphazard and "developed" hastily. I hope my pointing these things out may help you to correct them for the sake of future discussions with anyone.

Hallucinations would be the byproduct of drugs or sleep deprivation. Neither of which were the case, nor had they been for some time. Mental illness (at least to the point of confusing fantasy with reality) is generally marked by an inability to function within society, and a dependency on others. I was a functioning part of society with five dependants at the time, also progressing through the ranks quickly as a new hire.

And I never said GOD "speaks" to me exactly. But maybe you didn't mean that in a literal sense.

Peace

TL;DR I repeat my comment to pasadi97 Word salad, unworthy of my time parsing what is unlikely to be any sort of reality. Do you really think that posting a list of fecal material like this will make you appear more intelligent? Pro tip. Nope.
I don't care how you perceive me too much. I don't like being painted as dishonest though.

I'm sorry you couldn't understand my post. If I could quote partial posts on tapatalk(or rather, figure out how to) then it would be more legible. Never said I was the sharpest tool in the shed, but it wasn't word salad. I was answering specific points made by fatbaldhobbit.

Peace

14-07-2016, 08:45 PM
(14-07-2016 08:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

in·ter·pret

inˈtərprət/

verb

informalcrack

change

CHānj/

verb

Joel 2 (KJV) - ዮኤል

Matthew 6 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
Luke 12 (KJV) - ሉቃስ

Matthew 14 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ

Matthew 26 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
Mark 1 (KJV) - ማርቆስ

Mark 6 (KJV) - ማርቆስ

Luke 5 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
Luke 20 (KJV) - ሉቃስ

Luke 22 (KJV) - ሉቃስ

Pop's. In this very long winded post you appear to claim some scripture outdates or nullifies other scripture. This, according to scripture, is incorrect.

2nd Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
No, I didn't mean to insinuate that at all. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

14-07-2016, 08:47 PM
(14-07-2016 05:03 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Brain activity can not explain why people were able to see what is on the roof, can not explain blind people regaining vision and can not explain NDE reproducing situation and discussion in three rooms distance. Cannot explain people wandering out of body from this life .

Cite names, dates and places. I want verified and verifiable cases.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
14-07-2016, 08:47 PM
I also didn't mean to repost that whole thing.

Sorry

14-07-2016, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2016 09:09 PM by pasadi97.)
Love you guys. Heaven will be empty without you.

(14-07-2016 08:05 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 04:57 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  NDEs are a well understood phenomenon; hallucinations caused by oxygen deprivation or sudden uptick in electrical activity (which is how we can manually induce them in test subjects). The experience of 'tasting or seeing' sound is a form of neurological occurrence known as synesthesia; which is when one sensory or cognitive pathway inadvertently triggers others. So hearing a given sound might lead to a synesthete experiencing a given taste or seeing a given colour. Some people are born with some form of synesthesia, and others 'acquire' it, usually temporarily after suffering from oxygen deprivation or ingesting hallucinogens.

What else do you have?

Death = the soul exits the cloth named body and wanders around. The cloth named body is thrown into ground and becomes dust, soul or you go to one destination Hell or Heaven.

Atheism gives you a great chance to go to Hell and do make an irreparable lost to me and to Heaven.

I have the proof that NDE is not brain activity but soul leaving the body. Why?

Because a priest that cleaned his vision and could see with soul vision and could see angels, souls said that he saw many sould going near coffins, levitating above the coffin at funerals. If it would be brain then what are the souls doing there why the people with soul vision can see souls?

Also Eastern Orthodox Church make prayers for departed at intervals of time, years, months after death. When these prayers are done, people that see souls say that the souls of the deceased for which the prayers are done by priest come there and can be seen. If they did bad or were atheists probable devils bring them, if they did well good angels bring them.

So how come brain activity when brain is in ground by many years and gone for a long time. No brain activity but soul. THat is proof.

Father Ilarion Argatu about seeing a soul after death https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1q0Zk7-zuE No translation available.
Love you guys. Heaven will be empty without you.
Father Ilarion Argatu on seeing souls http://www.parinteleilarionargatu.ro/sub...-judecata/

This is what I saw with my eyes, a dead person at his funerals. I think he was a sinner based on how he looked like how his face looked.I was wondering how people go around him and don't see him.He was transparent and very thin......From that position I saw the funerals and the soul of the dead person.It was the first time that I saw something like this, when I saw a soul outside his body. First time I was scared after this I had no fear. I was shiverring.