Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2016, 09:06 PM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(14-07-2016 09:05 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 08:05 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Death = the soul exits the cloth named body and wanders around. The cloth named body is thrown into ground and becomes dust, soul or you go to one destination Hell or Heaven.

Atheism gives you a great chance to go to Hell and do make an irreparable lost to me and to Heaven.

I have the proof that NDE is not brain activity but soul leaving the body. Why?

Because a priest that cleaned his vision and could see with soul vision and could see angels, souls said that he saw many sould going near coffins, levitating above the coffin at funerals. If it would be brain then what are the souls doing there why the people with soul vision can see souls?

Also Eastern Orthodox Church make prayers for departed at intervals of time, years, months after death. When these prayers are done, people that see souls say that the souls of the deceased for which the prayers are done by priest come there and can be seen. If they did bad or were atheists probable devils bring them, if they did well good angels bring them.

So how come brain activity when brain is in ground by many years and gone for a long time. No brain activity but soul. THat is proof.

Father Ilarion Argatu about seeing a soul after death https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1q0Zk7-zuE No translation available.

Father Ilarion Argatu on seweing souls http://www.parinteleilarionargatu.ro/sub...-judecata/

This is what I saw with my eyes, a dead person at his funerals. I think he was a sinner based on how he looked like how his face looked.I was wondering how people go around him and don't see him.He was transparent and very thin......From that position I saw the funerals and the soul of the dead person.It was the first time that I saw something like this, when I saw a soul outside his body. First time I was scared after this I had no fear. I was shiverring.

Did you get a photo?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
14-07-2016, 09:12 PM
(14-07-2016 09:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 09:05 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Father Ilarion Argatu on seweing souls http://www.parinteleilarionargatu.ro/sub...-judecata/

This is what I saw with my eyes, a dead person at his funerals. I think he was a sinner based on how he looked like how his face looked.I was wondering how people go around him and don't see him.He was transparent and very thin......From that position I saw the funerals and the soul of the dead person.It was the first time that I saw something like this, when I saw a soul outside his body. First time I was scared after this I had no fear. I was shiverring.

Did you get a photo?
Love you guys. Heaven would be empty without you.
A movie actually
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-XX0u4mnUg
14-07-2016, 09:17 PM
(14-07-2016 09:12 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Love you guys. Heaven would be empty without you.
A movie actually
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-XX0u4mnUg

Er, WTF is that? It looks like some reflection or something. Certainly nothing to prove it is a soul or a child or a deer or a goat.

You're going to have to do better around here. We require falsifiable evidence.

Do you have any?

Interesting to note comments are disabled on that video.

Year ago a woman thought she saw the image of Mary in a wooden fence at Bondi beach.

It later turned out to be a wooden fence.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
14-07-2016, 09:17 PM
Is that the thinking persons christianity? Judging folks based on how their face looks?

Is this some literal following of the idea of the interpreted "mark of Cain" type belief that bad people have bad faces?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-07-2016, 09:22 PM
(14-07-2016 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Fatbaldhobbit,

Yes I am interpreting them. No that does not mean I am changing them.

Yay. You found a dictionary.

Holy fuck. The only thing greater than your arrogance is your lack of writing ability.
(14-07-2016 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The parables spoken in the bible that are denoted as such are no longer such due to the fact that they are expounded upon.

No. The parables are still there, except that now we have your interpretation to go along with it. The only thing that could change the parable is if the writer explains it. You are not the writer.

(14-07-2016 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  This effectively makes them not parables or riddles but relatively plain statements, or at least riddles or curious things with the answer or explanation being right there with it.

A riddle is not the same thing as a plain statement. Go back to your dictionary. A riddle, by definition, is a word puzzle with a hidden meaning.

You have no idea what you are talking about, you have no idea of basic definitions and you have no business coming here and preaching truth.

(14-07-2016 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Please don't change the meaning of what I say if you do not understand it.

You don't even understand it. If I changed it, it might make sense.

(14-07-2016 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm sorry that you don't agree about praying in closet meaning praying in solitude, not for the sight of man, but between you and GOD.

See, this is your bullshit. You are the one that said that praying in a closet was different from praying in solitude. The poster you "corrected" said closet. You are the one that said it was different. YOU are the one that brought this whole thing up.

(14-07-2016 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm sorry that studying a thing continually for over a year doesn't coincide with the definition of inquiry for you. Might I ask what does?

You are the one who said you had not read the entire bible.

But, since you claim scholarship, Who wrote the gospels?

(14-07-2016 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The evidence is repeated and verifiable through core religious texts spanning geographical and temporal barriers. The information age is great.

The information age is great for pointing out the inconsistencies and absurdities and atrocities of religion.

What evidence? There is no evidence in the bible. Even worse, all of the holy books from various religions contradict each other. Sometimes the holy books within a religion contradict each other. Fuck, the bible contradicts itself.

And this is your idea of corroborative evidence???

(14-07-2016 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Me asking you to justify a claim isn't me judging GOD.

This sounds like you were judging god:
Quote:That's sorta the problem the Jew had in my opinion.
That's the second time I clarified that.

(14-07-2016 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, your goal was to assert a baseless claim based on faulty definitions or understanding of the word closet within particular contexts.

As I noted above, you are the one who tried to correct the poster and said that the passage didn't mean closets it meant privacy. This little bout of foolishness is entirely your responsibility.

(14-07-2016 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  We are like minded after all; as my goal too is to counter bullshit.

Then stop posting bullshit.

(14-07-2016 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  There is no eternal hell, as in torment. It is non existence which is permanent or eternal.

Bible Verses that SPECIFICALLY condemn people to hell:
Daniel 12:2
Wisdom 5:14
Matthew 13:41-42
Matthew 18:8-9
Matthew 22:13
Matthew 25:41, 46
Mark 9:43-48
Luke 16:22-24
John 5:28-29
2 Thessalonians 1:8-9
Jude 7
Revelation 14:10-11
Revelation 20:10
Revelation 20:14-15

(14-07-2016 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Please feel free to show when I'm full of crap. I would expect nor want anything less.

You are far, far beyond "full of crap". You are talking complete nonsense. You are making your own bible and your own truth to fit your beliefs.

(14-07-2016 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You have shown your own logic to be haphazard and "developed" hastily. I hope my pointing these things out may help you to correct them for the sake of future discussions with anyone.

There are numerous posters here who have pointed out my mistakes.

You are not yet one of them. Drinking Beverage

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
14-07-2016, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2016 09:40 PM by Free Thought.)
(14-07-2016 08:05 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 04:57 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  NDEs are a well understood phenomenon; hallucinations caused by oxygen deprivation or sudden uptick in electrical activity (which is how we can manually induce them in test subjects). The experience of 'tasting or seeing' sound is a form of neurological occurrence known as synesthesia; which is when one sensory or cognitive pathway inadvertently triggers others. So hearing a given sound might lead to a synesthete experiencing a given taste or seeing a given colour. Some people are born with some form of synesthesia, and others 'acquire' it, usually temporarily after suffering from oxygen deprivation or ingesting hallucinogens.

What else do you have?

Death = the soul exits the cloth named body and wanders around. The cloth named body is thrown into ground and becomes dust, soul or you go to one destination Hell or Heaven.

Atheism gives you a great chance to go to Hell and do make an irreparable lost to me and to Heaven.

First, I will point out that the 'body to dust' thing only really started when coffins or hollowed cave repositories began being produced and used. Under natural conditions the body just gets eaten by wildlife (by their carrion scavengers or worms in the case of unprotected burial) and plants that grow on it once left for a time (not including said burials).

Secondly, you will win nothing by threatening me or anybody else with hell. I'm sure threats are not what you intend, but it's no different than somebody promising not to send me to the hospital and torch my store if I give them $50 a week, expecting that it is about belief rather than currency and one is more extreme.
You must realise that hell and heaven mean nothing to me. Nothing at all. As the comedian Josh Thomas once said: "As an atheist, threatening me with hell is like a hippie threatening to punch me in my aura."
May as well be telling me Santa wont give me gifts if I a naughty.

Would you take a Mormon seriously if they told you if you don't believe in the prophetic nature of Joseph Smith's scrawlings you wont get to rule a planet once you are dead? If a Muslim told you to be wary of djinns, would you go to the nearest Mosque for advice combating them?

(14-07-2016 08:05 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Because a priest that cleaned his vision and could see with soul vision and could see angels, souls said that he saw many sould going near coffins, levitating above the coffin at funerals. If it would be brain then what are the souls doing there why the people with soul vision can see souls?

Also Eastern Orthodox Church make prayers for departed at intervals of time, years, months after death. When these prayers are done, people that see souls say that the souls of the deceased for which the prayers are done by priest come there and can be seen. If they did bad or were atheists probable devils bring them, if they did well good angels bring them.

So how come brain activity when brain is in ground by many years and gone for a long time. No brain activity but soul. THat is proof.

Father Ilarion Argatu about seeing a soul after death https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1q0Zk7-zuE No translation available.

So the person that believed he would see something saw something? That is not very compelling. How do you know he is telling the truth, or isn't subject to delusion?
There are people who would swear to you with equal honesty as your priest fellow that they have spiders under their skin, or that the government is after them. A person can believe something to be true without it being so.

Group delusion is well understood; if you have a group of people that are primed to believe and expect something to occur, quite frequently they will experience the thing they have been made to expect, while impartial observes will not. This works with more than just Christians; it can be observed almost universally where there are united groups of people reverently expecting something; Wiccans, Muslims, Jews, ghost hunters, psychics, Morgellons 'sufferers', you name a group with motivated reasons to see something and you will find groups that have seen that something.
The usual pattern is roughly thus; a group will be motivated to experience something, and the 'leader' of the group will act as they they had experienced something, and others will report similar, (or even entirely different) incidences. As more people react to the 'happening', more are encouraged by group dynamics to 'experience' as well, and those who have are reinforced by the the continuing reactions. Even if a person doesn't experience anything, they will convince themselves that something happened. Humans are not immune to social influence deliberately engineered or innocently formed.

(14-07-2016 08:05 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  I have the proof that NDE is not brain activity but soul leaving the body. Why?

Nothing you mentioned is concrete proof. It's just anecdotes that aren't even unique.

I just want to touch on one last thing about NDEs in this post: why is it that religious NDE experiences are overwhelmingly reported as those of the 'experiencer's' religious beliefs? Why do Roman Catholics see Jesus upon his throne, but Hindus might see Brahma?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
14-07-2016, 10:30 PM
Fatbaldhobbit,

I'm sorry; I lost you somewhere. It happens; my writing isn't too good. Anyway; I was saying that the parables that you said were parables that are noted as such in the same chapter are no longer parables usually, because they have the answer or explanation written there in the same chapter or at least book. That effectively makes them not a parable or riddle any longer, as they have been expounded on by the author or writer. I wasn't speaking about the near entirety of the rest of the bible which is parables and entendre still to this day.

You seem to be exceedingly confused as to what I meant. It's my fault though, as I wrote it, or attempted to.

Yes a riddle is, very simplistically, a question.

A question, while still literally a question, can too be seen as a statement with conclusion literally being the answer.

I'm glad we understand one another on this point.

I hope I already cleared up the other faulty presupposition.

I would that it would be considered the business of any to laud any truth they may had been shown to be true;

I'm sorry I offend you, I really am. Please; let us talk more in order to discern this truth between us, for the sake of none but all.

Talking about these types of things while being seen as an authoritive figure of any sort, for whatever reasons, just shouts egoism.

All I can say in respects to this is that again;

I am noone. No thing. Worthy of shit, and pain. These things, such as I "preach"; these things I "know" are the very things I fight to the death. And guess who's winning...who's observing and aiding his own speedy demise regardless of what he "knows"?

me

So please, don't consider me to consider myself to be any fucking thing. And know that which I do know and that which I do speak are not exactly genuinely mine, nor am I deserving of them within my sight.

I assure you that I know well what I say.

It generally isn't said in haste, though you would swear it was by its grammatical and lingual errors.

What? Wait... My whole thing was that closet meant solitude and not literally inside your closet. Though there indeed could be that scenario where you might have to go there literally for the needed solitude. You can't be serious here. I don't know if or what is blocking your comprehension, but I hope it isn't just my sloppy execution. Wow! I'm sort of surprised. Never actually witnessed that before. I'm pretty sure your generally pretty quick. I'm sure you'll get around that at some point.

Slow your roll; I NEVER claimed a scholarly or accademic anything. Only a given capacity to... uhm...understand and discern.

Pretty sure the gospels as presented in the cannon bible were written by some of the church fathers. These would have been those who followed after the apostles and Christ. Not saying the apostles didn't write it too though. I guess it would be more acurate to say that the body of Christ(not literal) being the apostles and their followers( those the holy spirit dwelled in) would have written it and, or preserved it in some form, and a partial remnant of these and others compiled them in the form we see today. Just a guess though. I don't study that a whole lot. It isn't the focal point of my endeavor.

Yeah, you and many others say they contradict one another; then, when you show them that they do not; they insist that you cannot use the topic at hand as proof on the subject.

How is that me judging GOD? All happened/ happens for a reason. Who am I to question the Will of GOD? We've already spoken of the false Jew, and it is expounded upon within scripture; even the ot. Thanks for your second attempt at clarification. I do appreciate it.

Spoke of the word hell already too. But it simply doesn't translate into eternal torture.

I'm not going to simply argue about arguing. I'll put it this way;

Look up tradition and how it is regarded within scripture; namely the new testament. Then you might begin to understand that though my view may not align with the erroneous doctrines of man, it does fully align with not only the bible but all core writings of the faithful unto GOD.

I look forward to speaking with you further. We can only possibly begin to understand one another better from here on out.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
14-07-2016, 10:33 PM
(14-07-2016 08:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 07:58 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Two people had to tell me about their NDE with their mouths. So pay attention cause is true. They spoke about their own NDE and said is true.

The dude who continues to defy death against all odds trumps your couple of hearsay accounts. You don't seem to understand or appreciate how much this troubles me while considering your intellect. I think you might be stupid.

Girly, may I?

Pasadi...
[Image: 2b046cfeca2cda9e2bd20933a253a21f.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
14-07-2016, 10:37 PM
(14-07-2016 08:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, I didn't mean to insinuate that at all. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

You're welcome, but you do realise you have just contradicted everything you've said?

Banjo.
14-07-2016, 10:45 PM
(14-07-2016 10:37 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 08:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, I didn't mean to insinuate that at all. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

You're welcome, but you do realise you have just contradicted everything you've said?
I'm not sure how. Could you explain it for me?

You had said that I made it seem like scripture contradicted itself. I said that I was not aware of that, and that it wasn't my intention.

Now you say I have contradicted myself too.

Please help me to connect the dots.

Are you referring to times when I said Jesus spoke out against the literal interpretation of the law of Moses? Are you talking about the traditions and doctrines of different sects and schisms.

I am honestly confused. But I am tired.

I'm convinced I be missed something now.

Please explain.

Thank you,

Peace