Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2016, 07:46 AM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(16-07-2016 03:52 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 06:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, it disproves the erroneous doctrines of man.

A lot.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

So you believe the bible is not inspired by god?
No, I do believe it is inspired by GOD. I believe the doctrines of man, though seemingly similar in appearance to scripture, is actually far from what is actually taught in scripture.

Peace

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2016, 07:53 AM
(16-07-2016 06:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 08:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You ask what criteria can be applied in order do know what to believe and what not to.

I ask that you at least give a hint to what part or scripture you believe I am ignoring.

As far as the geneologies are concerned, they just don't seem to be of much significance.

Stop right there... there are genealogies in scripture and there is a verse telling you not to waste your time on "endless genealogies". You don't see a point to the genealogies so you ignore them and justify it by pointing to a verse that doesn't necessarily refer to the ones you want it to. Then you have the audacity to ask what part of scripture you are ignoring immediately before going on to say that you are ignoring parts of it.

You have no objective criteria for deciding that the genealogies are less important than other parts of scripture. You just accept the parts that you agree with and discard the parts that don't. You aren't looking to see what scriptures say, you are looking to see how they support what you already believe.

You've admitted that you have no evidence for the crap that you believe and you know that the people here base their beliefs on evidence so why the fuck are you still polluting this forum? You apparently aren't interested in actually examining whether or not your beliefs are rational so it isn't for your benefit. You have nothing at all to offer anybody here so it isn't for ours. Why don't you find some theistic forum where they appreciate walliowing in unsubstantiated conjecture?
You are conflating things again.

First; I don't ignore them.
Second; the fact that there are genealogies in scripture does not contradict the verses that say they are not of importance. Your whole argument was contradiction. Now you act as if contradiction is the same as different levels of importance. Saying the genealogies aren't of the utmost importance is not the same as contradicting them. It just isn't. And since this isn't a contradiction, I am not cherry picking.

You need to attempt to give a better example of biblical contradiction and show how I place one over the other unjustifiably in order to honestly claim my being a cherry picker.

16-07-2016, 07:56 AM
(16-07-2016 06:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 08:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You ask what criteria can be applied in order do know what to believe and what not to.

I ask that you at least give a hint to what part or scripture you believe I am ignoring.

As far as the geneologies are concerned, they just don't seem to be of much significance.

Stop right there... there are genealogies in scripture and there is a verse telling you not to waste your time on "endless genealogies". You don't see a point to the genealogies so you ignore them and justify it by pointing to a verse that doesn't necessarily refer to the ones you want it to. Then you have the audacity to ask what part of scripture you are ignoring immediately before going on to say that you are ignoring parts of it.

You have no objective criteria for deciding that the genealogies are less important than other parts of scripture. You just accept the parts that you agree with and discard the parts that don't. You aren't looking to see what scriptures say, you are looking to see how they support what you already believe.

You've admitted that you have no evidence for the crap that you believe and you know that the people here base their beliefs on evidence so why the fuck are you still polluting this forum? You apparently aren't interested in actually examining whether or not your beliefs are rational so it isn't for your benefit. You have nothing at all to offer anybody here so it isn't for ours. Why don't you find some theistic forum where they appreciate walliowing in unsubstantiated conjecture?
I don't disagree with the genealogies nor do I need to in order to understand their level of importance. This isn't contradiction of discarding anything at all.

Please, really, calm down, collect yourself and try again.

Peace

16-07-2016, 08:15 AM
Hey, pops you should just put your tag line in the signature slot. It will save you the trouble of writing every time you post.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
16-07-2016, 08:19 AM
(16-07-2016 07:44 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I know that scripture is intended to lead man in the right direction because that is the nature of the topic at hand throughout the vast majority of scripture.

First, when you say it is the topic of the majority of scripture then you are saying that there are parts of scripture that have some other purpose. You need to define how you can tell one from the other. If you can't then you are cherry-picking.

Second, to say that it intends to lead in the right direction implies that there is a "right direction". You have yet to explain how that direction is known or what defines it as "right". Again, you are accepting what you think agrees with your personal delusions.

(16-07-2016 07:53 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You are conflating things again.

Is 'conflate' your new word for the day? You don't seem to have a good grasp of what it means.

Quote:First; I don't ignore them.
Second; the fact that there are genealogies in scripture does not contradict the verses that say they are not of importance. Your whole argument was contradiction. Now you act as if contradiction is the same as different levels of importance. Saying the genealogies aren't of the utmost importance is not the same as contradicting them. It just isn't. And since this isn't a contradiction, I am not cherry picking.

You need to attempt to give a better example of biblical contradiction and show how I place one over the other unjustifiably in order to honestly claim my being a cherry picker.

You are assigning a lower level of importance to the genealogies. You are reading scriptures and rating various parts according to how important you think each part is. You have no criteria for doing this other than your own previous beliefs. I'm sorry that you don't understand that you aren't using scripture to confirm your existing beliefs by cherry picking what you do and do not value when you read it. I'm sorry that you are too dense to understand that you are deeply mired in delusion.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
16-07-2016, 08:23 AM
(16-07-2016 07:56 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't disagree with the genealogies nor do I need to in order to understand their level of importance. This isn't contradiction of discarding anything at all.

Facepalm

Quote:Please, really, calm down, collect yourself and try again.

I'm quite calm. You are just too stupid to understand how stupid you are.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
16-07-2016, 08:32 AM
(16-07-2016 08:15 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Hey, pops you should just put your tag line in the signature slot. It will save you the trouble of writing every time you post.
It really is. But it's through tapatalk and on some forums it just comes out as if I had typed it normally.

Strange, I know.

16-07-2016, 08:41 AM
(16-07-2016 08:23 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(16-07-2016 07:56 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't disagree with the genealogies nor do I need to in order to understand their level of importance. This isn't contradiction of discarding anything at all.

Facepalm

Quote:Please, really, calm down, collect yourself and try again.

I'm quite calm. You are just too stupid to understand how stupid you are.
If I'm so dense then why won't you back up your claims ever?

Again you said I contradict scripture and that scripture contradicts itself, but you have yet to actually show a single case of either.

I wish you would actually try.

Again; it is logical to surmise that the substance of a majority of a thing is indeed what the majority of that thing is comprised of. That doesn't mean that any other parts are not still needed, or that they contradict that majority, but that they simply aren't that majority.

It's like saying that because air is needed more often to sustain our life that water must be adverse to it and not also for life, because it is needed less.

Sounds pretty asinine doesn't it?

16-07-2016, 08:55 PM
pops, this fits you to a tee. Hat tip to Pablo.

[Image: KpYwVMZ.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
16-07-2016, 09:19 PM
(16-07-2016 08:55 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  pops, this fits you to a tee. Hat tip to Pablo.

[Image: KpYwVMZ.jpg]
Nice try but not only do I find the whole of the bible to be inspired by the Word of GOD, but don't make any assertions about the veracity of other holy writings.

So what parts have I deemed not profitable?
People want to claim I am cherry picking and all have access to the same texts I do, yet none will even attempt to irrefutably show when, where, or how I am guilty of what they claim.

Odd

Peace