Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2016, 09:08 PM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(17-07-2016 08:10 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  If you want to have proof God exist repeat after me.

Dear God please show to me that you exist in a manner that could convince me. Amen.

Many people did that and received their answers.

A prayer I've found myself saying more than a few times over the years, when doubt creeps in.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2016, 09:40 PM
If you get a response , see a Dr quick smart.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
18-07-2016, 04:40 AM
(17-07-2016 08:05 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 07:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  Whaaa? It's a sin to give away food if we are underweight?

I recall nothing in the bible regarding this.

If you are underweight don't skip meals. You have to give food even if you are underweight.
18-07-2016, 04:54 AM
(17-07-2016 10:53 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Also Eastern Orthodox Christianity is full of miracles. Today at Church the priest reminded us of a miracle that took place at fourth Council. There were 2 ideas and bishops could not arrive at a conclusion. So they decided to ask God. They wrote the 2 ideas on two pieces of paper. They put the 2 pieces of paper on chest of a dead saint Euphimia. After 3 days they came back and found saint holding with right hand the good idea and found the paper with bad idea at the feet of the saint.

What a load of unmitigated bullshit. Don't you understand that one of the priests just sneaked back into the church after hours when it was empty, opened her tomb, and simply chose to put his particular bit of paper in her hand, and the other at her feet? And this all happened—allegedly—1,500 years ago when we were still burning witches, believed in human resurrection, and thought hell was a real, physical place?

Surely logic confirms this simple cheating explanation—rather than some absurd notion about so-called miracles?

And if miracles are a proven actuality, then why do we still have amputees?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
18-07-2016, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2016 06:03 AM by pasadi97.)
(18-07-2016 04:54 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 10:53 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Also Eastern Orthodox Christianity is full of miracles. Today at Church the priest reminded us of a miracle that took place at fourth Council. There were 2 ideas and bishops could not arrive at a conclusion. So they decided to ask God. They wrote the 2 ideas on two pieces of paper. They put the 2 pieces of paper on chest of a dead saint Euphimia. After 3 days they came back and found saint holding with right hand the good idea and found the paper with bad idea at the feet of the saint.

What a load of unmitigated bullshit. Don't you understand that one of the priests just sneaked back into the church after hours when it was empty, opened her tomb, and simply chose to put his particular bit of paper in her hand, and the other at her feet? And this all happened—allegedly—1,500 years ago when we were still burning witches, believed in human resurrection, and thought hell was a real, physical place?

Surely logic confirms this simple cheating explanation—rather than some absurd notion about so-called miracles?

Russian Scientists dig 14km deep and hear HELL!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHAJojGIqi4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpBUiNJh928

The religions with exception of Christianity send their followers to Hell. There is no equality between Christianity and atheism and other religions.
18-07-2016, 06:05 AM
(18-07-2016 05:55 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 04:54 AM)SYZ Wrote:  What a load of unmitigated bullshit. Don't you understand that one of the priests just sneaked back into the church after hours when it was empty, opened her tomb, and simply chose to put his particular bit of paper in her hand, and the other at her feet? And this all happened—allegedly—1,500 years ago when we were still burning witches, believed in human resurrection, and thought hell was a real, physical place?

Have you come here to make things more difficult for me? I'm not here to convert people, but you're quite possibly rewinding a year of conversation, as if it didn't happen. I have a hard enough time trying to convey what I mean, and difficulty getting people to actually listen, most probably because they've heard too many like you with their wild claims and even wilder "evidence".

They will here you a little better if you admit that you cannot prove some of these things that you are attempting to prove with freakin YouTube videos.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
18-07-2016, 07:34 AM
(17-07-2016 06:15 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Circumcision is of the Spirit and baptism is a sign of this singular accord.

What the actual fuck does that even mean?

Seriously, you need to explain that in clear terms, not religious cant.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-07-2016, 07:45 AM
(18-07-2016 05:55 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Russian Scientists dig 14km deep and hear HELL!!
ALL of these Russian videos have been proven to be fraudulent and/or misrepresented. And if you really, truly need to rely on crappy YouTube videos to prove your point, then it's a point not worth discussing. Sorry.

Quote:The religions with exception of Christianity send their followers to Hell. There is no equality between Christianity and atheism and other religions.
You're 100% correct. There is NO comparison between Christianity and atheism. Christians believe in the existence of a supernatural entity and paranormal phenomena, and atheists don't.

BTW, you can't "send" someone to a place that doesn't exist in any real world. "Hell" is a mythical place conjured up by priests of old in order to keep their congregation in line—using fear as the metaphorical whip. And to give more money to their church in order to guarantee their safety LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
18-07-2016, 08:03 AM
(18-07-2016 07:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 06:15 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Circumcision is of the Spirit and baptism is a sign of this singular accord.

What the actual fuck does that even mean?

Seriously, you need to explain that in clear terms, not religious cant.
I'll try to explain it as well as I can. That's all I can do.

Circumcision to the Jew was a literal, physical interpretation, as everything was. We have gone over, briefly, why this is wrong, or technically for a different time, as in it sufficed them in their time. So knowing that this sort of circumcision is not pleasing to GOD, what other sort could there be? It is the spiritual sort. We know what is right and what we cling to in our own wants. Through honest introspection one can begin to find the merits of their own motives. In finding some of their motives to be selfish they can begin to distinguish between them. From this distinction one can realize that they generally are of two opposite motives, or of a third non motive, but observer if you will. The circumcision is the casting off, cutting away, offering up, letting go of that opposing motive that is ultimately the will of naught. This indeed brings all things to a single objective moral point(one accord) in harmony with the will of all, which of course is to peaceably live, though not at all by their own will, but that force or existence, that all pervading light and breath of life that is GOD.

The baptism can be seen as a seal or sign that said individual is of the spirit of life wholly and utterly.

Though to be honest I think I am still missing a piece in my representation of baptism.

Just my 2¢ sorta, but not really, as I can expound nearly limitlessly, my claims, through any number of core religious books.

Please, ask more. This is the only chance I have gotten thus far to outwardly express these things. Thank you.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
18-07-2016, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2016 10:37 AM by Deesse23.)
(18-07-2016 05:55 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 04:54 AM)SYZ Wrote:  What a load of unmitigated bullshit. Don't you understand that one of the priests just sneaked back into the church after hours when it was empty, opened her tomb, and simply chose to put his particular bit of paper in her hand, and the other at her feet? And this all happened—allegedly—1,500 years ago when we were still burning witches, believed in human resurrection, and thought hell was a real, physical place?

The religions with exception of Christianity send their followers to Hell. There is no equality between Christianity and atheism and other religions.

Earth has a radius of ca. 6000km. If hell starts at 14km, then 99,99% of earth is hell! We wont be going to hell, we are already there!
Just sayin´

But now for something completely different:
The current events (coups, cop killings) at the weekend convinced me that indeed we need to believe in god, we are really going to hell (well, as as already stated, we are already 99,99% in hell, anyhow...).
I am afraid and want to be saved, but it i am confused which version of "god" to believe in. I have read your conversation over the past few pages and noticed that your views are completely contradictory/exclusive.
So i am confused (and worried) if i choose the wrong belief/god ill end up in hell like i would do now as an atheist anyway. If i ask a 3rd christian, he may (or may not?) have a belief in an even different god.
So how do i figure whom of you guys is right? I really dont wanna end up in eternal hell(fire) without even knowing how to avoid it in the first place.

Thanks

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post