Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2016, 12:22 PM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(18-07-2016 12:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 11:59 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  But Pasadi has linked lots of YT videos and reported a lot of what can only be viewn as miracles in favour of orthodoxy. You havent provided any of this.
So i guess ill go with orthodoxy.
Again, you are free to worship how you see fit. Just keep the points I mentioned in mind.

Again I wish you the very best.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

I am not free to worship how i see fit. If im wrong then i end up in hell, and you too, no?
Why are you defending your belief vs me as an atheist with tooth and claw, but when i claim to believe.....in some other god than yours after a few posts, then you are suddenly all ok with it? When i refered to the othersĀ“ denominations miracles you dont seem to care to refute them at all. If you dont/cant refute them, then they must be correct, no? If his claims are correct and supported by real miracles, both of us, you and me should immediately become orthodox, no?
When, however, as an atheist, i am questioning your claims, you are tooth and claw again to prove them right. Then you seem interested in proof/refutation again. Why?
It seems to me you dont want me to believe in your god particularly, but any god, as long as someone claims it to be the christian one. Why?
Just an observation.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
18-07-2016, 12:42 PM
(18-07-2016 12:22 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 12:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Again, you are free to worship how you see fit. Just keep the points I mentioned in mind.

Again I wish you the very best.

I am not free to worship how i see fit. If im wrong then i end up in hell, and you too, no?
Why are you defending your belief vs me as an atheist with tooth and claw, but when i claim to believe.....in some other god than yours after a few posts, then you are suddenly all ok with it? When i refered to the othersĀ“ denominations miracles you dont seem to care to refute them at all. If you dont/cant refute them, then they must be correct, no? If his claims are correct and supported by real miracles, both of us, you and me should immediately become orthodox, no?
When, however, as an atheist, i am questioning your claims, you are tooth and claw again to prove them right. Then you seem interested in proof/refutation again. Why?
It seems to me you dont want me to believe in your god particularly, but any god, as long as someone claims it to be the christian one. Why?
Just an observation.
There is no particular GOD. There is One Creator GOD.

I do not agree with some of the doctrines that must be adhered to to be considered eastern orthodox. I can contend and do contend with these points fervently. But for me to claim that any will be cut off and cast aside for destruction, based on these relatively minor difference is just not justifiable to me. Though the one refuting my stance insists that I am destined to hell, that in no way means I must as a default assume the same of him.

Please don't think that I do not voice my beliefs elsewhere. I do.

If this man was of an entirely different religion, chances are I would not attempt to refute their stance unless they pressed the issue.

If you come to the realization that there is a GOD(singular) by way of fear and YouTube videos then who am I to attempt to take that from you? You asked me to describe why and how he is wrong. I did so. If he where to refute what I say in any meaningful form then I will substantiate my claims further. But I am not against him or you or anyone else.

I hope that clarified it for you at least a little. Feel free to ask more for whatever reason.

Peace

18-07-2016, 12:58 PM
(18-07-2016 12:10 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 12:05 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Nonsense; it is the will of GOD that is infallible. Check the books

i rest my case...
I sorta miss spoke; I meant without change and infallible.

18-07-2016, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2016 01:02 PM by Deesse23.)
(18-07-2016 12:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If you come to the realization that there is a GOD(singular) by way of fear and YouTube videos then who am I to attempt to take that from you?

If i come to the realization that there is no god after reviewing all the availiable evidence, what are you still doing here and trying to sell me your god (see "great filter" etc. pp.)?
A propos, "great filter". That very thread seems to support my theory that you arent interested at all to make anyone believe in your version of the god delusion. You seem to be perfectly happy with everbody else having any religious delusion. Its painfully obvious why: no more doubts.

You still havent answered any of my questions. So i am going (i know, in vain) to repeat one of them: Do you think pasadis videos and claims for miracles are true? If not, why did you argue with him when "who are you to attempt to take it from him"?

18-07-2016, 02:39 PM
Dressed23,

I don't know evidence you have seen or haven't. It seems like you didn't give what I was saying an honest thought.

I'm not trying to sell you anything. You, now evidently, deceivingly acted like you had found some sort of belief in GOD. Though seemingly coming from some rash conclusion based on fear and eternal torment which I do speak against, who was I to take that from you? Not from him, you. As stated I made my points as asked to no avail. I will not openly condend with his beliefs unprovoked for many reasons. As I said, faith is counted for righteousness, even if one could be somewhat ignorant of the truth.

Your opinion that I personally do not care about the substance of ones faith is a gross misrepresentation of anything I have said. His faith is of an old vessel, and though I may perceive it to be cracked and not capable in it's current form to receive the true substance of the Will of GOD, it is capable of and does hold some remnant of it. I, being who I am, in my current state, cannot repair him. If I really try, I will break him wholly, making him of no use for the Will of GOD. Also; I am knowingly in error, that being such, it is a given that I do not know everything of the will and nature of GOD. If I was utterly free from sin, then perhaps I would think myself fit to really divide the Word of GOD. But I am no high priest. Not by any means.

So answer this; why would I be okay with someone being faithful to some other GOD? Not that it even applies at all, but what motive would I have for such nonsense?

Your theory? What is the basis of this theory? Why would any believer be okay with someone believing what they considered wrong? If they where an avid believer? Again this isn't the case here at all. But since you claim it is, please elaborate. Since it's painfully obvious and all.

I haven't viewed any of his videos whatsoever.

Again it was the taking from you that I was worried about, and also it is still referencing the One Creator GOD. Past that I have been refuting him to some minor extent when our beliefs didn't align. And again, I make the distinctions you asked for, so why are you acting like I did not?

That belief that you evidently lied about, however somewhat misplaced or brought about in a poor fashion, in my mind, was at least a start.

I really do not appreciate you manipulating me, or acting like I wouldn't have cared if you started worshipping void, or Baal or Satan or whatever you want to call that opposing thing to life.

You have found evidence of nothing but your own manipulative ways. Perhaps you should do an experiment to see how deep that twisted root goes, and how severely it constricts the truth.

Peace

18-07-2016, 03:05 PM
Its painfully obvious to everybody here who is doing what. You have the reasoning ability of a 3 year old (conservative estimation) and its visible in countless threads with countless pages where you do nothing but write nonsense, and when critically asked about it you act all butthurt, as if its my fault that you are incoherent and contradicting yourself in each and every possible way. Stomping with your feet and pointing at random people who point that out to you wont change this fact, no matter how hard you try.

[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
18-07-2016, 03:10 PM
(18-07-2016 12:58 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 12:10 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  i rest my case...
I sorta miss spoke; I meant without change and infallible.

bullshit. you and pasadi cant even agree on what your god is saying. that is the total reverse of his word being infallable.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
18-07-2016, 03:28 PM
(18-07-2016 03:05 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Its painfully obvious to everybody here who is doing what. You have the reasoning ability of a 3 year old (conservative estimation) and its visible in countless threads with countless pages where you do nothing but write nonsense, and when critically asked about it you act all butthurt, as if its my fault that you are incoherent and contradicting yourself in each and every possible way. Stomping with your feet and pointing at random people who point that out to you wont change this fact, no matter how hard you try.
Say whatever you want.

You and I both know you lied in order to get a predetermined outcome and it blew up in your face because of your haste.

I still wish you the best though and am not nor was I butthurt.

I don't know too many people who enjoy being lied to and then their words being manipulated on top of it, but hell, what do I know.

Peace

18-07-2016, 03:29 PM
(18-07-2016 03:10 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 12:58 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I sorta miss spoke; I meant without change and infallible.

bullshit. you and pasadi cant even agree on what your god is saying. that is the total reverse of his word being infallable.
We haven't even gotten into the Word of GOD really.

18-07-2016, 03:51 PM
(18-07-2016 03:29 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  We haven't even gotten into the Word of GOD really.

Since there is no good evidence to believe that a god exists that's like detailing the daily life of unicorns.

I've been asking for evidence since you first joined over a year ago. You have none. You need to go find a place where they don't think you are just a deluded fool. Better yet, go find somebody qualified to help you overcome your delusions.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP