Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2016, 08:43 AM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(18-07-2016 08:35 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Banjo,

Universal reconsiliation

Colossians 1 (KJV) - ቆሎሴ
15: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1 (KJV) - ቆሎሴ
18: And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19: For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
20: And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

1 Corinthians 15 (KJV) - 1ይ ቆረንቶስ
22: For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23: But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24: Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

Ephesians 1 (KJV) - ኤፌሶን
9: Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

There are plenty more.

All being fulfilled in that context means the same thing. All things of the scriptures fulfilled. As I the end of heaven and earth, and the beginning of the new heaven which will be wholly of GOD.

Reightiousness means equality in that context.

Leviticus 19 (KJV) - ዘሌዋውያን
13: Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning.
14: Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the LORD.
15: Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour. Leviticus 19 (KJV) - ዘሌዋውያን
16: Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD.
17: Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
18: Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Pretty much the same thing the Christ said.

Hebrews 13 (KJV) - እብራውያን
7: Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
8: Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
9: Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

It isn't speaking of government or dictatorship. It is another example of master and slave or steward as GOD and believer.

Acts 5 (KJV) - ግብሪ ሃዋ
28: Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.
29: Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
30: The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. This one is saying the same as the first. To follow GOD and not fear man.

I can't go into detail about how exactly all will be reconciled, but I believe it will be to do with an eventual unified understanding of scripture, and faith in GOD in general, and how it is tied to all life and existence.

None are righteous but Christ whom we are to emulate.

FFS... How many times do we have to tell you this? Posting screensful of biblical scripture is a total waste of everybody's time—even yours—and in no way can be seen as viable evidence for all your beliefs in supernatural events. You seem to ignore the simple fact that this is an atheist forum, and we—every one of us—regards your holy book as a load of old cobblers. It's just a collection of mythical beings, and fairy tales and foolishness just like Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Except that Carroll knew he was writing fantasy, and did it purposefully, and that it all stemmed from his imagination.

On the other hand, the disparate group of ill-educated camel-jockeys that cobbled your bible together let their imaginations run away with them for the sake of a good, supposedly true story. But it was ultimately found to be all bullshit by modern scholars; there's never been any empirical evidence of any sort that supports any of the bizarre biblical claims.

—Unless of course you'd like to post some links to what you'd consider viable evidence to support your acceptance of all these scriptural meanderings?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
19-07-2016, 02:05 PM
(19-07-2016 08:43 AM)SYZ Wrote:  

Universal reconsiliation

Colossians 1 (KJV) - ቆሎሴ
16: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1 (KJV) - ቆሎሴ
18: And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
20: And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

23: But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24: Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

Ephesians 1 (KJV) - ኤፌሶን
9: Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

There are plenty more.

All being fulfilled in that context means the same thing. All things of the scriptures fulfilled. As I the end of heaven and earth, and the beginning of the new heaven which will be wholly of GOD.

13: Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning.
14: Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the LORD.
15: Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour. Leviticus 19 (KJV) - ዘሌዋውያን
16: Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD.
17: Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
18: Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

7: Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
9: Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

It isn't speaking of government or dictatorship. It is another example of master and slave or steward as GOD and believer.

Acts 5 (KJV) - ግብሪ ሃዋ
28: Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.
29: Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
30: The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. This one is saying the same as the first. To follow GOD and not fear man.

I can't go into detail about how exactly all will be reconciled, but I believe it will be to do with an eventual unified understanding of scripture, and faith in GOD in general, and how it is tied to all life and existence.

FFS... How many times do we have to tell you this? Posting screensful of biblical scripture is a total waste of everybody's time—even yours—and in no way can be seen as viable evidence for all your beliefs in supernatural events. You seem to ignore the simple fact that this is an atheist forum, and we—every one of us—regards your holy book as a load of old cobblers. It's just a collection of mythical beings, and fairy tales and foolishness just like Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Except that Carroll knew he was writing fantasy, and did it purposefully, and that it all stemmed from his imagination.

On the other hand, the disparate group of ill-educated camel-jockeys that cobbled your bible together let their imaginations run away with them for the sake of a good, supposedly true story. But it was ultimately found to be all bullshit by modern scholars; there's never been any empirical evidence of any sort that supports any of the bizarre biblical claims.

—Unless of course you'd like to post some links to what you'd consider viable evidence to support your acceptance of all these scriptural meanderings?
It sounds like your asking me for evidence of miracles. I can only reference one, and it pertains to me personally and I don't have any record of it except for some things I wrote. I think evidence of miracles is more the other guys thing, with the videos and all. I may be able to delve into the workings of nature and show things that don't refute, and sort of back up my claims about universal reconciliation in a sense of one accord, harmony, and potential. But that's about it, and even that wouldn't be any evidence, more like unsubstantiated conjecture. I can back what I believe with other books though, and though most here are generally unbelievers of some sort, what other things would one get evidence from but a book or record of some sort?

Anyway, regardless, peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
19-07-2016, 04:36 PM
(19-07-2016 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm not refuting scripture. I'm refuting you.

I am not the author of said scripture.

Therefore you are refuting those who wrote it. You also attributed the miracles post Schism in 1054?

My thinking is you have very little knowledge of the religion you appear to support and reject.

So why buy into it at all?

By 1054 the east and west were amazingly different. Indeed, Constantinople was later sacked by the west.

For example, if I say the name, Procopius, do you know to whom I refer? Under what emperor he served?

The gaps in your knowledge, and that of your new friend GoingUp are astounding, to say the least.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-07-2016, 04:43 PM
(19-07-2016 08:43 AM)SYZ Wrote:  

Universal reconsiliation

Colossians 1 (KJV) - ቆሎሴ

Ephesians 1 (KJV) - ኤፌሶን

There are plenty more.

Acts 5 (KJV) - ግብሪ ሃዋ

Are you trying to get us to believe that drinking your God's blood and crunching on a cracker that has been declared to be His body won't get you to live forever and ever? How silly can you be?
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
19-07-2016, 05:10 PM
(19-07-2016 08:43 AM)SYZ Wrote:  —Unless of course you'd like to post some links to what you'd consider viable evidence to support your acceptance of all these scriptural meanderings?

Pops providing evidence and not just bald assertions? Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
19-07-2016, 05:25 PM
(19-07-2016 04:36 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 05:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm not refuting scripture. I'm refuting you.

I am not the author of said scripture.

Therefore you are refuting those who wrote it. You also attributed the miracles post Schism in 1054?

My thinking is you have very little knowledge of the religion you appear to support and reject.

By 1054 the east and west were amazingly different. Indeed, Constantinople was later sacked by the west.

For example, if I say the name, Procopius, do you know to whom I refer? Under what emperor he served?

The gaps in your knowledge, and that of your new friend GoingUp are astounding, to say the least.
I never claimed to be all knowing and openly stated that I wasn't very familiar with the history of the church.

And I am not refuting the writers of the texts as I hadn't refuted any of the writings yet.

19-07-2016, 05:35 PM
(19-07-2016 05:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I never claimed to be all knowing and openly stated that I wasn't very familiar with the history of the church.

And I am not refuting the writers of the texts as I hadn't refuted any of the writings yet.

Pop's. I am afraid you did. You actively posted scripture in an attempt to undermine scripture I posted.

This is the problem mate. You do NOT understand the subject matter. Until you do, discussion with you is pointless.

Go away. Do some real study. Then come back.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
19-07-2016, 06:20 PM
(19-07-2016 05:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 04:36 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I am not the author of said scripture.

I never claimed to be all knowing and openly stated that I wasn't very familiar with the history of the church.

Off topic, but this thread is already staggering around like a punch-drunk prize fighter as it is. Personal question, Pops- do you actually build things? Like homes? Or do you consider yourself a "builder of bridges" for atheists to some sort of truth? If you actually build things like homes, what do you use for reference so that the building inspector will approve the work? I'm truly interested.
19-07-2016, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2016 06:54 PM by pasadi97.)
(18-07-2016 10:27 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 05:55 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Russian Scientists dig 14km deep and hear HELL!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHAJojGIqi4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpBUiNJh928

The religions with exception of Christianity send their followers to Hell. There is no equality between Christianity and atheism and other religions.

Earth has a radius of ca. 6000km. If hell starts at 14km, then 99,99% of earth is hell! We wont be going to hell, we are already there!
Just sayin´

But now for something completely different:
The current events (coups, cop killings) at the weekend convinced me that indeed we need to believe in god, we are really going to hell (well, as as already stated, we are already 99,99% in hell, anyhow...).
I am afraid and want to be saved, but it i am confused which version of "god" to believe in. I have read your conversation over the past few pages and noticed that your views are completely contradictory/exclusive.
So i am confused (and worried) if i choose the wrong belief/god ill end up in hell like i would do now as an atheist anyway. If i ask a 3rd christian, he may (or may not?) have a belief in an even different god.
So how do i figure whom of you guys is right? I really dont wanna end up in eternal hell(fire) without even knowing how to avoid it in the first place.

Thanks

First since from people coming from the death only Christians said they have visited Heaven , it has yo be Christian God.

Best of who knows which Christian denomination is best is God. And I know of several instances when God was asked and the answer was Eastern Orthodox Christianity.

You put a trap to Pops. Eastern Orthodox Christianity is The Church established by Jesus and Apostles not by people like Smith and White and Jesus defends his Church against the people badmouthing it. So by inviting pops to badmouth Church of Jesus you put him against Jesus if he falls for it.

The bad news is that if you become Eastern Orthodox Christian it may have to be for life. Leaving the Church of Jesus for the Church of man being it Smith or White may be a sin punishable by Hell so I don';t know how is better. Anyhow make sure that the denomination you join has baptism.

Pop is right. Eastern orthodox Church is the pillar and foundation of truth and this is biblical.
1 Timothy 3:15 if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household," which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth."
In Roman Catholicism Pope is foundation of truth. IN Protestantism every person is the pillar of truth being able to interpret infallibly scripture.This is why there are 13000 Protestant denominations every one with his interpretation of Bible.

In Eastern Orthodox Christianity is accepted the interpretation of St John Chrisostom his homilies. He asked God for a miracle and while writing a man saw Apostle Paul wishpering in his ears the interpretation of Bible.
19-07-2016, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2016 06:55 PM by pasadi97.)
(19-07-2016 04:43 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Are you trying to get us to believe that drinking your God's blood and crunching on a cracker that has been declared to be His body won't get you to live forever and ever? How silly can you be?

That lead us to another Eastern Orthodox Miracle of Lanciano when Lanciano was under Orthodox rule. A priest was unsure if Holy Communion is blood and flesh of Jesus and Holy Communion became flesh and blood that did not decompose for hundreds of years. Another miracle.

See rationality when seeing blood and flesh not decomposing after hundreds of years says MIRACLE. Hardened Hearth says need another proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbcL4mkNfzM