Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2016, 08:39 AM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(07-07-2016 09:01 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 08:58 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Yes, yes, it depends on how charities redistribute money, yes, and yes.

But alas, another drive by without the will or desire to stand and defend their preaching.

They're scared. It's scary in here!

Well we probably should have given him the atheist-scent blanket to protect himself from scary things. As we all know, atheists hunting abilities are based on scent, not movement like a Jurassic Park T-Rex. Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
08-07-2016, 08:54 AM
(08-07-2016 08:39 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 09:01 PM)Aliza Wrote:  They're scared. It's scary in here!

Well we probably should have given him the atheist-scent blanket to protect himself from scary things. As we all know, atheists hunting abilities are based on scent, not movement like a Jurassic Park T-Rex. Tongue

Well i definitely smelled some bullshit on the OP.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
08-07-2016, 09:11 AM
(08-07-2016 03:07 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  WTF? I feel dumber for having read that.

I'm not sure why I read these.

Perhaps I'm hoping that, just once, the title won't be what it appears to be, and we'll find a well-educated person who poses a theological, philosophical, or scientific question I had not yet considered, or that offered some other insight into the human mind.

Instead, it's always this horrifying word salad of "deepity"... I say "horrifying" because it's clear such people REALLY THINK that this is deep stuff, that they're gonna come in here and blow our minds.

I'm sure this guy is a drive-by, so I'm not aiming this response at him... but please, any other Christians who might read this and consider getting your courage up for a similar "that'll show those damned atheists!" post, don't. Just don't. This person should be ashamed to have uttered such idiotic stuff in public.

In case the OP does return to read this, a message from Dr. Zoidberg:

[Image: g1332356573509493682.jpg]

I only read the first two sentences but since I didn't want to lose more brain cells I stopped. My thinking is that if I leave christian drive-by drivel UN-read I'll become super smart.....like you. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-07-2016, 09:52 AM
(08-07-2016 09:11 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I only read the first two sentences but since I didn't want to lose more brain cells I stopped. My thinking is that if I leave christian drive-by drivel UN-read I'll become super smart.....like you. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

D'aww, shucks. Blush

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
08-07-2016, 09:53 AM
(08-07-2016 06:30 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Regarding the OP....

This is an example of work done by a person with English as a second language and critical thinking as a foreign concept......................

So they're from Alabama?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
08-07-2016, 09:59 AM
(08-07-2016 09:53 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 06:30 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Regarding the OP....

This is an example of work done by a person with English as a second language and critical thinking as a foreign concept......................

So they're from Alabama?

Or Arkansas....

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-07-2016, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 10:34 AM by cactus.)
Quote:ATTENTION !!!. 2-5% Americans die and come back to life either in accidents or sickness. They say that while dead they saw Heaven , Hell, angels and some claim that Jesus came to them saying he is God. If this is true, attention because it invalidates all other religions besides christianity. If you want more about this search youtube for “Near death experiences”.
ATTENTION !!!!! You are ignoring the near death experiences of Hindus and Muslims. Your back must be really sore from picking so many cherries.

Quote:Doctors and science can not and will not be ale (sic) to give you eternal life.
Good, because I never asked for it anyway. Drinking Beverage

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
08-07-2016, 11:28 AM
(08-07-2016 10:24 AM)cactus Wrote:  Good, because I never asked for it anyway. Drinking Beverage

Thanks for posting that. An amazing Humanist anthem. One of my favorite songs of all time.

This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us. ...

But touch my tears with your lips,
Touch my world with your fingertips,
And we can have forever,
And we can love forever,
Forever is our today,
Who wants to live forever,
Who wants to live forever,
Forever is our today.

On another note, did you know that Brian May has a PhD in Astrophysics from Imperial College London, and worked on the New Horizons project? He was almost done with his PhD in the 70s, when he left to tour with the band... he reapplied to Imperial College London and completed the PhD program in 2007, using material from his original thesis about dust in the solar system (because little had been done on that subject since he abandoned it).

An anecdote I read in a rock magazine, which I think was Rolling Stone, said that though he didn't write the song, he developed the famous beat of "Another One Bites the Dust" based on the rhythm of a pulsar he had listened to on a radio telescope.

Other famous irreligious musicians with PhDs includes the lead singer of The Offspring, "Dexter" Holland, who also suspended his doctoral candidacy in biochemistry just before presenting his thesis, when the band got its big break, and has since renewed his studies (recently publishing a fairly major paper on the HIV genome), as well as the lead singer of Bad Religion, Greg Graffin, who did attain his PhD in zoology and paleontology, and teaches university courses on evolution.

[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
08-07-2016, 11:35 AM

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
08-07-2016, 11:50 AM
(08-07-2016 11:28 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  On another note, did you know that Brian May has a PhD in Astrophysics from Imperial College London, and worked on the New Horizons project? He was almost done with his PhD in the 70s, when he left to tour with the band... he reapplied to Imperial College London and completed the PhD program in 2007, using material from his original thesis about dust in the solar system (because little had been done on that subject since he abandoned it).

An anecdote I read in a rock magazine, which I think was Rolling Stone, said that though he didn't write the song, he developed the famous beat of "Another One Bites the Dust" based on the rhythm of a pulsar he had listened to on a radio telescope.

Queen's "'39" is reputed to be a nod to the effects of relativity on space travellers

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post