Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2016, 07:45 PM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(19-07-2016 08:35 AM)Fireball Wrote:  This is hilarious! Here we have two religious loons, neither of which make a pinch of sense. And the guy with more "seniority" is complaining that the new loon is undoing his good work. Pops, you really are an irony mine.

And to top it off they are arguing on an atheist site, just precious.

[Image: a812_thumb.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
19-07-2016, 07:52 PM
(19-07-2016 07:37 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, I posted scripture pertaining to universal reconciliation. You didn't post anything whatsoever that refutes universal reconciliation.

I kind of did.

Before your post.

2nd Thessalonians 2:11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2nd Thessalonians 2:12
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2nd Thessalonians 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Can you see it now?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-07-2016, 08:29 PM
pasadi97,

I have been polite and humble for the most part.

Are you claiming that three separate individuals prayed to GOD to show them what organized religion was right, if any, and GOD told them specifically that the eastern orthodox church was the right one? As in GOD said to them in their mind "eastern orthodox church"? I find this very hard to believe. Can you go into detail?

Please stop assuming things in ignorance. You can't even blaim it on ignorance any more as I've told you twice that I am not affiliated with any particular sect of Christianity.

Just out of curiosity; what, in your self proclaimed infallible opinion is wrong with the sda doctrine?

I can't believe you claim I would be against Jesus the Christ if I stated the truth about any form of orthodox church, as if I am against GOD or Christ because the truth about the historic church is bad.

Wow, then you go on to insinuate that picking the wrong church is punishable by eternal torment. Keep on talking.
There is but one unforgiven sin; blasphemy; knowing the truth of God yet turning from it and turning others from it as well. But you keep warning me, that's what you do. You might wanna check some of these things with scripture and well I would say the Holy Spirit, but I guess you could ask the pope or something. Surely they are without flaw.

I never said or insinuated that the eastern orthodox church was the foundation and pillar of anything, and surely not the truth. And no, it isn't the truth or biblical. I will ask you one time to not lie about me or be a false witness. These things are sins, you know of them, and claim to be saved surely, so what excuse have you? Better yet, what payment for these sins have you left? Do you crucify the Christ repeatedly in your vanity? It would behoove you to seek out and ammend your own transgression that you have made apparent here. If you can lie about me, a fellow believer, here, for a horribly false motive then surely there are greater things you need to work out with trembling. You try to manipulate and scare people here, but you should keep in mind the only source of fear.

I'm really not sure what you are trying to say with 1Timothy3:15, but it doesn't mention the eastern orthodox church.

1 Timothy 4 (KJV) - 1 ጢሞቴዎስ
10: For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

I am not trying to offend or openly rebuke. And I hadn't. But you openly lying about me doesn't have to go unchecked.

I wish you well, and again, hope we can get past this. I already have.

Peace sincerely

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
19-07-2016, 08:36 PM
(19-07-2016 08:29 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Wow, then you go on to insinuate that picking the wrong church is punishable by eternal torment. Keep on talking.
There is but one unforgiven sin; blasphemy; knowing the truth of God yet turning from it and turning others from it as well. B

Peace sincerely

Pops. Why do you think there have been so many wars and turmoil within the religion itself.

Crikey, look up St Bartholomew's day. And that is in the west. Or Ireland? How old are you?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
19-07-2016, 08:54 PM
(19-07-2016 07:52 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 07:37 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, I posted scripture pertaining to universal reconciliation. You didn't post anything whatsoever that refutes universal reconciliation.

I kind of did.

Before your post.

2nd Thessalonians 2:11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2nd Thessalonians 2:12
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2nd Thessalonians 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Can you see it now?
Yes, I can see how that could be viewed as refuting universal reconciliation. But then I recall that all will be of God when heaven and earth are destroyed or changed. So this damnation that is spoken of, of those who are the deceived and the deceiver, is not eternal, but a place for those who are asleep in death. All spirits will be raised and changed.

19-07-2016, 08:56 PM
(19-07-2016 08:36 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 08:29 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Wow, then you go on to insinuate that picking the wrong church is punishable by eternal torment. Keep on talking.
There is but one unforgiven sin; blasphemy; knowing the truth of God yet turning from it and turning others from it as well. B

Peace sincerely

Pops. Why do you think there have been so many wars and turmoil within the religion itself.

Crikey, look up St Bartholomew's day. And that is in the west. Or Ireland? How old are you?
35. Was thirty when I became faithful. Before that I didn't concern myself with such things, and really still don't look into the history side of it too much. I know people have been fighting over it on some level pretty much forever though.

19-07-2016, 09:07 PM
BOB1:1 - In the beginning all was SLACK.
BOB 1:2 - And BOB said "Let there be SLACK!" and there was SLACK.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-07-2016, 09:56 PM
(19-07-2016 07:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 06:20 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Off topic, but this thread is already staggering around like a punch-drunk prize fighter as it is. Personal question, Pops- do you actually build things? Like homes? Or do you consider yourself a "builder of bridges" for atheists to some sort of truth? If you actually build things like homes, what do you use for reference so that the building inspector will approve the work? I'm truly interested.
Yes, I am an actual carpenter. When needed for inspection and permit purposes I provide plans of what I intend to do along with specifics called schedules.

Are you honestly curious or are you insinuating something?

Just curious.

Peace

I am honestly curious. I'm one of the most literal-minded people you will ever meet. I get busted all the time for being over-literal. So, what do you mean, when you say that you are providing a "schedule"? Is it like what the city of Los Angeles provides for people when they want to construct houses or additions thereof?
20-07-2016, 12:54 AM
(19-07-2016 06:56 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 06:44 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Yeah, I know Catholics who proclaim theirs is the best as well. Protestants too.

Meanwhile in Islam......

Come back with some actual facts.

Arian controversy, Iconoclasms, St Bartholomew's day blah blah blah.

See a shrink. And go to a religious site. This ain't no place for you.

And God proclaims Eastern Orthodox Christianity. Not MAN. GOD.

And if you would Ask God for best religion and denomination we would read your story too in several years.

How do you know it was God. Did he talk to you?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
20-07-2016, 01:28 AM
(19-07-2016 08:54 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yes, I can see how that could be viewed as refuting universal reconciliation. But then I recall that all will be of God when heaven and earth are destroyed or changed. So this damnation that is spoken of, of those who are the deceived and the deceiver, is not eternal, but a place for those who are asleep in death. All spirits will be raised and changed.

Sorry. Wrong again. Only those predestined before their birth. In other words, your god created millions of people simply so they could suffer eternally.

Nice guy eh?

John 3:15
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

2nd Corinthians 1:22
Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

1st Peter 1:5
Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Ephesians 1:5
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Banjo.