Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2016, 05:02 AM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(19-07-2016 06:32 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  First since from people coming from the death only Christians said they have visited Heaven , it has yo be Christian God.

Only xians say they have visited heaven.... and you think that is evidence that it is real? When non-xians report visions of other afterlives and many report no experience at all the most reasonable conclusion is that the dying/reviving brain sometimes hallucinates and uses the material it already has to fabricate the "vision". NDEs are just dreams.

If you think they are something more then you have to accept reports of non-xian imagery to be just as valid as reports of xian imagery. You don't appear to have any reason for dismissing them other than your own preconceptions.

Quote:Best of who knows which Christian denomination is best is God. And I know of several instances when God was asked and the answer was Eastern Orthodox Christianity.

And people across denominations make similar claims. You're even more gullible than Pops and that's saying something.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
20-07-2016, 05:10 AM
(19-07-2016 09:56 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 07:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yes, I am an actual carpenter. When needed for inspection and permit purposes I provide plans of what I intend to do along with specifics called schedules.

Are you honestly curious or are you insinuating something?

Just curious.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

I am honestly curious. I'm one of the most literal-minded people you will ever meet. I get busted all the time for being over-literal. So, what do you mean, when you say that you are providing a "schedule"? Is it like what the city of Los Angeles provides for people when they want to construct houses or additions thereof?
When needed, I draw prints, also known as plans, blue prints, or schematics. I draft these by hand. Schedules are like intricate details; like for a foundation footing or the different layers comprising a wall or roof including specific building codes and proper installation techniques.

Like in Louisiana a footing(load bearing section of foundation) the concrete has to penetrate grade(earth) by twelve inches, but also has to be a minimum of sixteen inches total overall depth from the top of the foundation. It also had to be 12 inches wide with rebar at specific places. To convey this it is drawn as a detail or schedule. Also schedules can be like a legend on a map; giving descriptions of particular types and sizes of doors and windows.

Hope that helps.

Peace

20-07-2016, 05:12 AM
(20-07-2016 01:28 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 08:54 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yes, I can see how that could be viewed as refuting universal reconciliation. But then I recall that all will be of God when heaven and earth are destroyed or changed. So this damnation that is spoken of, of those who are the deceived and the deceiver, is not eternal, but a place for those who are asleep in death. All spirits will be raised and changed.

Sorry. Wrong again. Only those predestined before their birth. In other words, your god created millions of people simply so they could suffer eternally.

Nice guy eh?

John 3:15
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

2nd Corinthians 1:22
Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

1st Peter 1:5
Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Ephesians 1:5
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
You are speaking of the elect.

That doesn't mean those not elected will be tormented in eternal hellfire.

20-07-2016, 05:43 AM
(20-07-2016 05:12 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 01:28 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Sorry. Wrong again. Only those predestined before their birth. In other words, your god created millions of people simply so they could suffer eternally.

Nice guy eh?

John 3:15
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

2nd Corinthians 1:22
Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

1st Peter 1:5
Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Ephesians 1:5
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
You are speaking of the elect.

Yes it does.

Show me the scripture. I will then refute it with other scripture.

Have you not seen how this works?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
20-07-2016, 07:02 AM
(20-07-2016 05:43 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 05:12 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You are speaking of the elect.

Yes it does.

Show me the scripture. I will then refute it with other scripture.

Have you not seen how this works?
No, the elect is completely different from the whole.

Most words in the bible are addressed to the elect. In no way, no where does it say that the ignorant are doomed to eternal torture, not even the elect, as they are chosen to guide by GOD.

20-07-2016, 08:05 AM
Hey pasadi, did those returning from thier NDE bring back any souvenirs?

[Image: close-to-home-nde.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
20-07-2016, 09:15 AM
(19-07-2016 06:32 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Pop is right. Eastern orthodox Church is the pillar and foundation of truth and this is biblical.
1 Timothy 3:15 if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household," which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth."

>"I'll show those atheists the bible is correct."
>Posts a known forgery

Laughat

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
20-07-2016, 05:04 PM
(20-07-2016 09:15 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 06:32 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Pop is right. Eastern orthodox Church is the pillar and foundation of truth and this is biblical.
1 Timothy 3:15 if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household," which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth."

>"I'll show those atheists the bible is correct."
>Posts a known forgery

Laughat

The meaning of this verse:

The important part is second part:
which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth."

How is called thye Church in that swecond part of the verse? The pillar and foundation of truth that is infallible. So the Biblical position is the position of Eastern orthodox Chuch that Church is infallible not the Pope neither every man like in Protestantism.

So you see ion this Bible verse THE CHURCH is called the foundation of truth not pope not every protestant. THE CHURCH is without error and can interpret the Bible without error. THE CHURCH. The Eastern orthodox Church the Church established by Jesus and Apostles that the gates of Hell will not overcome. So the Bible that is the second part of that verse says that the Church is infallible not the pope not every man that is in Protestant tradition.

And the Orthodox Church has the interpretation of the Bible done by John Chrisostom in his Homilies. He asked God through prayer to see if his interperetation is right and one man saw Apostles Paul wishpering in his ears the interpretation of Bible while he was writing it.
20-07-2016, 05:13 PM
(20-07-2016 05:04 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  The meaning of this verse:

The important part is second part:
which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth."

How is called thye Church in that swecond part of the verse? The pillar and foundation of truth that is infallible. So the Biblical position is the position of Eastern orthodox Chuch that Church is infallible not the Pope neither every man like in Protestantism.

So you see ion this Bible verse THE CHURCH is called the foundation of truth not pope not every protestant. THE CHURCH is without error and can interpret the Bible without error. THE CHURCH. The Eastern orthodox Church the Church established by Jesus and Apostles that the gates of Hell will not overcome. So the Bible that is the second part of that verse says that the Church is infallible not the pope not every man that is in Protestant tradition.

And the Orthodox Church has the interpretation of the Bible done by John Chrisostom in his Homilies. He asked God through prayer to see if his interperetation is right and one man saw Apostles Paul wishpering in his ears the interpretation of Bible while he was writing it.

Jesus Christ some of the members here worry about the silliest of shit.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
20-07-2016, 05:14 PM
(20-07-2016 07:02 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, the elect is completely different from the whole.

I agree. Only the elect get into Heaven Pop's.

You are scratching at straws that do not exist. It is being driven by your hope that this is how it works. However, it is written. As I have shown you. You are in denial.

You refuse to face the facts of what the scripture says. By doing so, you are in fact sinning and will end in hell as well. You are a hypocrite.

1st Timothy 4:2
Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.